3 7 7.95%
2 4 4.55%
1 8 9.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2433959)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race - GP of Malaysia 2009

Only half of the points to the drivers, maybe only half of the fun...
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2433965)   #2
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racing was good until Bernie's greed came back to bite him, and us, by ruining the end.

Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2433972)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Total farce, 0.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2433995)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fat 8

Great action, weather toss up etc etc
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2434000)   #5
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted 1.

Up to the red flag it was interesting, but somehow all that joke just washed out my early impression...

I used to love waking up in the middle of the night...now - I wasted Sunday afternoon for waiting for nothing.

I hope they (Berni etc.) won't make such a mistake anymore
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2434006)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7 for me. The racing was great fun until the red flag. Overtaking, rain, close racing, variable tire choices etc etc.

Bernard got the start time wrong and will come under heavy scrutiny which he should but still if you can't enjoy the laps of racing we did have then you can't enjoy F1.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2434007)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, come on koper. How one Earth can you rate it 1 just because it was red-flagged? The actual race that occured before that moment existed as a thing, and that was in no way worthy of a 1 rating. Your vote makes as much sense as sprittle's for Australia.

Giving Bernie a 1 for creating the potential for the situation is arguable, but that does not have any bearing on the actual standard of the racing insofar as it occured.

I'm going to watch the TV replay which starts in 25 minutes before coming to a final conclusion. It is either a 7 or an 8. I'm leaning towards 7, but we'll see.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2434017)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It could have been a great race but for the white shirted one, as it turned out it was a farce.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2434018)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Surely it should be marks out of five and not ten! ?

I'll give it an eight.

I guess that AA can only award a '0' since he has no telly.

Surely only people that have a telly can be allowed to vote ?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2434022)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It would probably have been an 8 had it been completed, but as I only saw half a race, it only gets half the points. 4.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2434025)   #11
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 6 but would have given it a 9 if we had of finished.

New aeros (OK and KERS) working well to give us passing
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2434032)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was shaping up to be an 8, but half-points knocks the final score down to 4.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2434037)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
How on Earth can people half their scores just because the race was shortened? The racing before the flag came out at 60 mins didn't suddenly alter properties just because the race was shortened.

I am clearly just totally missing something.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2434057)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post

Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2434058)   #15
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
How on Earth can people half their scores just because the race was shortened? The racing before the flag came out at 60 mins didn't suddenly alter properties just because the race was shortened.

We only got half a race, so I choose to give it half the rating. It's a simple hypothesis, really.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2434064)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I tuned in this morning to watch a race. I only saw half a race, which was an enormous let-down to me, because I think we could have had an exciting race that ran the full distance if it had started an hour earlier. So I halved my score. I fail to see what's confusing about that.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2434070)   #17
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Great racing, a lot of overtaking, KERS vs. No-KERS battles en masse, different leaders not only down to tyre changing.

I would have loved to see the race restarted but it was the only smart choice not to. It was getting dark and way too much water on the track.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2434072)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You're totally missing half of the race !
Old 5 Apr 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2434081)   #19
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6, but only because the drivers gave us a good race befor eit was cut short.

0 for Bernie and the FIA for running it at least an hour later than any sensible advice told them.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2434132)   #20
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gave it a 7. it would have been a 6 but I found the swapping tires pitstops pretty amusing
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2434137)   #21
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
A 7 for the race itself, which was hugely absorbing. It was a shame that it was cut short, but hopefully the organisers will learn their lesson and kick things off a bit earlier next year.

Bernie could take a leaf out of David Simon's book. Forget the average viewer (Simon used a different F-word).
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2434142)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Its more of a 7.2 really, but as there are not enough options I had to vote it a 1.

I hope that makes no sense.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2434143)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The rain went away on my teev, why didnt they simply restart?

1/10 for me.... any of the *racing*bits were slighted by the stoppage that wasnt required... every heard of a Safety Car??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2434150)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
1/10 for me.... any of the *racing*bits were slighted by the stoppage that wasnt required... every heard of a Safety Car??
They were under the safety car when the race was red-flagged.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 13:24 (Ref:2434160)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Alrighty, well, after watching the re-run I'm going for a 7.