Old 21 Jul 2006, 02:46 (Ref:1661158)   #1
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poll for Super Aguri?

Mods
I don't know how to do this and I suspect I can't.
So, can I ask if we can have a Poll Please

"Where with the highest placed New SA06 Finish at the German GP"

1) Finish, you're joking right
2) Last, they feel comfortable there
3) Second last, they may just jump one of the Midlands
4) Both Midlands are toast
5) God will shine on their tenacity

Would be apprciated and I would like to se what others think.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1661163)   #2
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice thread suggestion notso!

whilst i would like to say 5, i hazard a guess it will be more like

2) They will finish last, they feel comfortable there.....
Old 21 Jul 2006, 04:07 (Ref:1661183)   #3
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
55555555555555555555555555555555555555555 and did I say 5?!?!?!
Old 21 Jul 2006, 05:07 (Ref:1661199)   #4
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
5 would be cool.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 07:16 (Ref:1661240)   #5
Eff One
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
Eff One has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The new car will probably bring them up to about par with the Midlands.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1661249)   #6
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was being a bit dyslexic and thought it said "Pole for Super Aguri?" I was thinking someone was being a touch optimistic about the new car's chances!
Old 21 Jul 2006, 07:32 (Ref:1661252)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Taku could do the biz,so long as he doesn't torpedo the other SA into the first corner.Not 1 or 2.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1661254)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio
I was being a bit dyslexic and thought it said "Pole for Super Aguri?" I was thinking someone was being a touch optimistic about the new car's chances!
Either that or Kubica has got the nod instead of Yamamoto.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1661287)   #9
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically, 3. Wouldn't it be great if they scored a point as well :P
Old 21 Jul 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1661342)   #10
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They'll finish higher than at least one of the Honda's...

Old 21 Jul 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1661353)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Midland have been quicker recently though haven't they? Closer to the teams just in front. That said I think the Aguris were getting closer to Midland.

They have bold claims for how many seconds faster this new car will be. There's no reason they won't be quicker longer term but I doubt they'll do it in the car's first race.

Incidentally, I noticed on the screen in the French GP they were no longer called 'Super Aguri Honda' but just 'Aguri Honda.' Did someone tell them it sounded like a video game?
Old 21 Jul 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1661357)   #12
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
Seriously, can you imagine what would happen if Sato did manage to clear one or both of the Hondas.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1661517)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Seriously, can you imagine what would happen if Sato did manage to clear one or both of the Hondas.
Exploding heads everywhere,and that's just for starters.

Although i'm sure that Honda wouldn't give a toss as to which one of their engines finished first.

Last edited by Marbot; 21 Jul 2006 at 13:31.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1661522)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
I suspect he'd Realistically only do that if the Midland he was launching off was close to the back of said Honda.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 13:46 (Ref:1661531)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I suspect he'd Realistically only do that if the Midland he was launching off was close to the back of said Honda.
Ahh....we are talking about Taku here aren't we.

He's no Montoya (a pity).Best to wait for the pit stops like everyone else.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1661536)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We should have Midland, Super Aguri and Torro Rosso fairly close together once the new car is fully tuned in. With 4 years of chassis evolution between the old and new car (albeit the same basic engine), 2-3 seconds a lap improvement is feasible. I wish them well, they've added something to F1 this season.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1661543)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
they've added something to F1 this season.
Yep, two more cars.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1661583)   #18
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2) Last, they feel comfortable there

Maybe the FIA will let them use Honda's chassis soon and help them out.

If so, I'll vote for 4.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1661590)   #19
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think they'll beat Midland straight away, because Midland's form has improved recently and SA will have to iron out teething problems with the new car. But I do think they'll finish with at least one car, so I'll say (2).
Old 21 Jul 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1661596)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Are you lot taking this seriously? I thought it was a joke thread.
Old 21 Jul 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1661625)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look it, why don't they adopt the dick dastardly of F1 and just cheat. Now that Monty is gone, we need some characters in Grand Prix racing and we've not had blatent cheating for a while. Its worked wonders for other teams in the past and will certainly get them noticed. Now, what to do... how about boring the Honda V8 back out out 3.0L again :-)
Old 21 Jul 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1661630)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Or running an extra fuel tank? Ooh no, Honda wouldn't do that would they?
Old 22 Jul 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1662038)   #23
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27

A bit like the 1st 20-ish laps in Australia

Colin McRae 1968-2007