Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Dec 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1180382)   #1
BRUMBRUM
Rookie

BRUMBRUM has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brda Releases

Was great to see so much rallycross info in this weeks Motorsport News.
Great to see both Mark Watson returning to the sport in the 306 and also Ben Rennison coming into the sport in which his dad Mark has so much success. Good luck to both in the new season.

Did read with interest though the info put in the paper concerning the BRDA and their new chairman and partners.

Correct me if im wrong but I seem to remember reading similar info and news when the RSS launched their series. Seems to me as if ideas have been copied and are being taken on by the BRDA. Odviously plucking the best bits from them!!

Do they not have any new initiatives or ideas!!??

Having said that god, blimey they haven't even issued dates or circuits yet, how are us as drivers supposed to attract sponsors and know costs if we don't even know when or where we will be competing with them!!??

Roll on 2005!! I know where I'll be racing.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1180496)   #2
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thought the information would be on the BRDA web site, but no! I stopped buying Motoring News a couple of years ago as the coverage of rallycross and short circuit was so poor and i can't stand F1 and touring cars. What have the BRDA actually said then and who is the new chairman.

I heard the extige is for sale, anyone know if this is correct? I see Ian Muir and Alan Tapscott have their Nova's for sale - are they packing it in?
Old 16 Dec 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1180778)   #3
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winnie,
The new chairman of the BRDA is John Horton and all the details are on the website as of yesterday.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1180780)   #4
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Add me to the list of for sale.
After the damage this year and sporting control of the series im going to go circuit racing at SEMSEC.
Will miss the thrill of competeing at Blyton and Brands et all but i will still come to watch.
Will now get chance to watch the Supercars race!!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1180804)   #5
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Sorry to see you go Minicross424 but may see you at Lydden during a SEMSEC meeting as well as the RX meetings
Old 16 Dec 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1180837)   #6
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pug 205 is also up for sale, but don't worry, i'm not leaving. Just need to move the pug before i can continue with my new car

si
Old 16 Dec 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1180838)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424
After the damage this year and sporting control of the series im going to go circuit racing at SEMSEC.
Sorry to hear you're bailing out of minicross but good to see another person joining the fray with SEMSEC - it seems to be a popular series with minicrossers. Are you going to run a mini or are you switching to something else?
Old 16 Dec 2004, 09:22 (Ref:1180851)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUMBRUM
Seems to me as if ideas have been copied and are being taken on by the BRDA. Odviously plucking the best bits from them!!

Do they not have any new initiatives or ideas!!??
I thought this was exactly what you wanted? The BRDA and RSS running alongside each other with plenty of commonality - if the ideas are good then why not use them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUMBRUM
Having said that god, blimey they haven't even issued dates or circuits yet, how are us as drivers supposed to attract sponsors and know costs if we don't even know when or where we will be competing with them!!??
There aren't many series that have got their dates fully nailed down yet either, the majority of calendars that have been published are still very much provisional so there's still plenty of time for the BRDA to sort theirs out (obviously the sooner the better but there's no need to start shouting just yet).

Last edited by BertMk2; 16 Dec 2004 at 09:24.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1180885)   #9
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
[QUOTE=BRUMBRUM]

I thought that the RSS was originally advertising a six round series?
I do believe that it now five, one being the RX GP and another a 2 wheel drive only. In my book that is a three round series.

Last edited by Spectator; 16 Dec 2004 at 09:59.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1181050)   #10
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the way the light is positioned in the picture of the new PR guy Rick Smith he bears a striking resemblance to the butler from the rocky horror show.

On more serious note, how does the BRDA Chairman Change. Is he elected by all/select few of BRDA Members at your agm or is it more like you have to Blue Blood running in your vains to get the post.

Last edited by Roundy Mooney; 16 Dec 2004 at 13:20.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1181191)   #11
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Sorry to hear you're bailing out of minicross but good to see another person joining the fray with SEMSEC - it seems to be a popular series with minicrossers. Are you going to run a mini or are you switching to something else?
Thanks for the send off BertMK2 and specator.
Bert Mk2 im going to start off racing my current Minicross car in existing spec and develop it.
I have a spare Minicross car that I started off racing with in 2001 that looks exactly the same as my existing but its not as well built or competive as my existing car.
Ive got a bit of work to do to it but then im proberly going to sell it or rent it out.
Ive got my eye on a Mini currently owned by Chris Judge (anyone know him? ) looks the bees knees but a bit expencive.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1181311)   #12
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424
Add me to the list of for sale.
Will miss the thrill of competeing at Blyton and Brands et all but i will still come to watch.
Will now get chance to watch the Supercars race!!
With feet in both camps (so to speak) as I marshal both at Rallycross at SEMSEC, I'' be sorry to see you out of the former but welcome you to the latter!

From what I remember you did pretty OK in your SEMSEC races last year. Best wishes for 2005!