Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Mar 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1876250)   #1
Da Moo
Racer

Da Moo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WA broadcast

I was out yesterday and didn't see the telecast - how was it?

Can't wait to see the spin that avesco put on the ratings...given they said they were 40% up for Clipsal compared to last year, they have put themselves in bit of a corner now if WA is only marginally up....morons.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1876309)   #2
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there's any difference from the Ten coverage.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 00:22 (Ref:1876316)   #3
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday's was pretty average, attempt to try to fill the time time period between qualify and race was poor. Didn't catch Sunday's.

Mr Gibson's efforts since Adelaide have improved. A good step in the right direction so far for my likeing since I gave him a hard time on here on a previous thread.

Denyer thou, still an absolute............ Who does he think he's interviewing, Miss World contestances or race car drivers?? I refer to his interview with Holdworth, asking his what hopes and ambitions are for the first race.
Go back to being a Weatherman!!!!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 01:36 (Ref:1876346)   #4
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the coverage was so so.

I do like seeing the FF's, but I was down right disappointed at the podium presentation.

Finishing third is Skaife, handshake, here's your trophy get lost.
Finishing second is Kelly, handshake, here's your trophy get lost.
Finishing first is Tander, "Hi, great race", "yep it was", go get your trophy??????

Where was, gee Skaifey you had some pace in that last race, "yes the car was working really well and I was able to put some pressure on Tander, but I ran out of laps basically". "Gee you must be pleased with how the car is going", "Yes it's a nice change being able to fight for the win again". "Dou you think you'll be on the pace in NZ?", "Yes I do I think it will be a real battle out there". etc etc etc.

Poor form 7, pull your socks up.

I suppose they need the time for talking to the drivers for better things like talking football and promoting Australia's worst drivers!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 02:25 (Ref:1876356)   #5
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really can't tell much of a difference between 10 last year and 7 this year. Found telecasting qualifying a waste. Enjoyed the FF races though. Mind you, I recorded both days and watched them in the evening and skipped through the adds and some of qualifying.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 02:33 (Ref:1876363)   #6
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
This week they fell into the old Channel 10 habit of showing every pitstop (including an in-car of Dumb-bell driving his car slowly all the way to the rear garage...sheesh) ... mind you, the races were so boring, they may as well have shown some Daffy Duck repeats.

Time to give Barbagallo the flick and go to Perth Street Race.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1876576)   #7
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if he's available, but do you think Glenn Seton could talk a good game?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1876604)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it was 10 allover virtually the same although i do enjoy watching the support classes.

i thought the pit comentary was good except for Denyer being so poof with Jnr and the rest of his interviews he was a bit camp in aswell, on a positive Gibson lifted his game he acctually asked about the racing and called drivers by their name instead of princess.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1877068)   #9
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
i thought the pit comentary was good except for Denyer being so poof with Jnr
I only saw Saturday but I'm sure I heard something about Denyer getting into Junior's pants?????

And Cromley sounded bored to me.......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 26 Mar 2007, 23:36 (Ref:1877224)   #10
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out, you'll get in trobule for whinging from Uncle Crompton.

Incidentally, while I think "whinging" about the coverage we *do* get is maybe going a bit far, Crompton in his speech last Friday glossed over the the point that the coverage we don't get is the real problem. Yes, if you like V8 Supercars, F1, WRC, MotoGP then you're sorted. Theres more to motorsport than that though. We still only get highlights of A1GP, and theres no FIA GT, WTCC, Le Mans, you name it.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 15:35 (Ref:1877715)   #11
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
The only thing that anoys me about ch7's coverage is its only live into ES's. I didn't watch the TV coverage of R2 as I was there at the race on both days. I think its a million times better than Ch10's crap.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1877740)   #12
Da Moo
Racer

What a suprise you would say that mabs.....given just about everyone working there used to work on 10s coverage I am interested to know why you think 7s coverage is a million times better??

There are a LOT of people that disagree with you and ironically they are all on the ch7 website. Check out the forums section there - I was actually suprised at the hostility and number of people that are complaining..
Old 27 Mar 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1878000)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We seem to have got a rough deal up here. Coverage is finally on (Wednesday evening, with the worst added on commentary you ever heard. Some poor Englishman who's probably never seen V8s before and thinks we haven't either. He's clearly got no inormation beyond a spotter's guide, and he seems obsessed with Max Wilson, since he's probably the only driver he's heard of before. Just described him as 'V8 Australia's favourite Brazillian...' Don't know whether this is our broadcaster's choice, lack of money or restrictions from the Ch7 side? Maybe they just think we can't understand Australian. Ghastly. Truly awful.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1878012)   #14
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
'V8 Australia's favourite Brazillian...'
That would be refering to one of the V8 Supercar Grid Girls wouldn't it????
Old 27 Mar 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1878022)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm impressed. I thought that would take a lot longer to get a reply! Anyway, we're back to the Austalian commentary for race 3, so either they had a technical problem or they read my post.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 04:24 (Ref:1878150)   #16
Da Moo
Racer

Were the Commonwealth Games still going when WA was on last year??
Old 28 Mar 2007, 04:43 (Ref:1878154)   #17
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Commonwealth Games had finished 7 weeks before the WA round last year.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 04:50 (Ref:1878157)   #18
just asking
Rookie

just asking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dazz, something you need to understand about the world of TV.
The race had some safety cars, this blow out the time of the race. When it came time for the presentations with MB, he had people in his ear peice telling him to be quick, wrap it up....etc...thats why you didnt get the " so skaifey, great pace etc...not his fault, and not sevens fault.

If you have watched other sports on other networks, you would of seen this happen before. Sometimes, there is no presentation, just pic of spraying champagne (ten) and last year at Bathurst due to that fatal crash with Mark Porter, the broadcast was cut short and they went to news commitments at 5pm....again network ten.....so easy does it tiger!!
Old 28 Mar 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1878366)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When Barry Oliver said he didn't have any crowd figures in the press conference all three drivers chorused together "Its a record Barry"
Old 29 Mar 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1879160)   #20
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
The only thing that anoys me about ch7's coverage is its only live into ES's. ......
This bugs the crap out of me too. I could buy 10's excuse that they wanted the V8's to lead into the 5pm News here in SA, for why they couldn't show it live here. But Channel 7 have the V8's then some other 1/2hr show then the news - would it hurt them to show the 1/2hr they currently have immediately before the V8's, straight after - ie make it a 1hr gap to the news instead of 1/2 hour - then we could get it live, and would actually watch the whole 7 telecast instead of going and watching the live timing.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 23:35 (Ref:1879561)   #21
presto
Rookie

presto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really surprised that nobody complains about having to watch cars trundling down the pit-lane at 40km/h on full screen (as for following Dumbrell right through to the paddock - no comment needed). Why can't we see that "exciting action" in a small box on the side/top/bottom of the main pic?

Particularly when the lap for WA is sub 1 minute, watching a pit-stop from entry to the pit-lane through to the exit back onto the track is taking away from the race - in my opinion...

Quite how 7 has boosted the ratings so much remains a mystery... didn't anyone have access to 10 for the last x amount of years? The coverage in 07 is the same, if not worse than previous years. As an example, 10's grid line-up graphic was excellent, 7's looks like the cars are about to race in a tunnel!

Last edited by presto; 29 Mar 2007 at 23:42.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 04:55 (Ref:1879647)   #22
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thing that annoyed me was qualifying. It's split into 3 15 minute sessions with 5 minute gaps between session. Perfect for TV, stick the ads on during the session break, but no 7 have a 2-3 minute ad break right in the middle of each session. Some people on here used to whinge about the amount of ads on Ten, I never really noticed but I sure noticed the 7 ads and how many there were !!!! A lot !!!!
Old 30 Mar 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1879682)   #23
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I have to admit - the quality of broadcast is very similar to 10, and I guess it was to be expected as AVESCO/VESA/Whatever took the 10 staff with them (on the majority).

Neil is the same, thank god. And matty White has a similar whine pitch as Diffey does, so same same.

What bloody well irks me is the music selection is a cross of "pop culture" and "rice burner doof doof" music. The inerviews are like something you'd hear from a mardis gra presentation.

Despite not having supports, at least 10 would take the telecast seriously. The broadcast was similar to a "documentary" wit incidents analysed and tech data presented. 7 seem to trivialise the whole thing, making it "funny". May as well bring back Agro and Fat Cat to do some reporting...

Broadcast Quality - 8/10 (same as 10)
Interviews - 4/10 (10 was a 7 at least)
Presentation techniques - 5/0 (10 was 8)

Hopefullly it improves....
Old 31 Mar 2007, 00:41 (Ref:1880229)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get rid of Denyer and his little poof jokes and his joking alltogether (i miss Beatie) Bereta and Gibson are allright and stop having so many ads more ad breaks than race coverage.

hate the music aswell, especially when they played the song from the Honda CRV ad just because it has got 'Race Car' in it.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 00:56 (Ref:1880232)   #25
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might be more adds ... but from my observations they are a lot shorter ... so less action lost.

Music is fine and at least there is a variety.

Coverage is still improving and at least we do get to see how everyone else is travelling with the pull throughs on the bottom of the screen.

All in all I think things are good and if they keep improving as they did from Adelaide to WA then we will definately get a better coverage than what was thrown up to us over the past few years.