Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Feb 2002, 11:27 (Ref:223524)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trackside facilities

Is there anywhere to watch the race on cable TV near the track? I've asked a couple of places but you need to be travelling with them to use their trackside facilities.Also, what's the best grandstand to get seats in? I was over the MG pit on the main straight last year, with a view of the podium. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Osella; 27 Feb 2002 at 11:29.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 12:15 (Ref:223563)   #2
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your best bet may be to get a Grandstand seat that is within view of one of the giant vidieo screens the ACO place around the track.
Last year one was opposite the end of the pit lane so a good view could be had from the temp grandstands.
otherwise some of the bars have tellys and may be showing the race.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 13:19 (Ref:223610)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Nordic's advice is probably the best, Osella (although, why do you want to watch it on the telly if you're there.....? If you want to keep up with the action, just bring a pocket radio and listen to the brilliant Radio Le Mans).

If you get a grandstand seat at Maison Blanche, there's a big screen there or there's usually another screen towards the end of the straight (between the pits and the "Welcome " building), which you can see from the tribunes or the grandstands at that end of the straight.

As for grandstands, I've only bothered 3 times, once in the main ACO stand (or whatever they call it now), once at Maison Blanche and once at the Dunlop chicane. The Maison Blanche stand is quite good, often plenty of action there at the Ford Chicane, although any of the main start/finish straight stands would be good, particularly for the pre-race festivities.

You need to remember though that it's nearly March now so if you want a grandstand seat you'll need to get on with it p.d.q.!! You may even have to buy from a ticket agency like Just Tickets.
Old 27 Feb 2002, 16:12 (Ref:223682)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Aysedasi,there is only one way to keep up with the action at Le Mans and that is to listen the wonderful Radio Le Mans. You can fine out how wonderful are by listening to last years at then Radio Autosport web site http://www.internetradioservices.co....io_archive.asp
Old 27 Feb 2002, 18:45 (Ref:223801)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I've reminisced there several times, rd! Is there anyway of downloading any of it - I couldn't seem to find any way myself.....?
Old 28 Feb 2002, 15:00 (Ref:224432)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have not been able to download the commentry myself either, just sat here and listen to out while spend many hours typing up final year uni assignments, and thinking about what a wonderful event the Le Mans 24 Hours is.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:225130)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Beats most background music, anyway!
Old 1 Mar 2002, 13:40 (Ref:225138)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Sure does, looking forward to sitting in the libary working away while listening to Sebring in a couple of weeks time.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 17:46 (Ref:225233)   #9
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the suggestions.. I already know about Radio LeMan of course... I would put that in italics if I knew how... I'm just after an alternative view of the track, and maybe a coffee and a beer and a coffee, as an alternative to trackside. I haven't gone mad! You could try recording the Radio LeMans archive onto Audiograbber, having set it up you could leave it running. PM me if you want a copy.
Old 1 Mar 2002, 18:54 (Ref:225270)   #10
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is the bar at Tertre Rouge that does a nice cool glass of Stella and food all day and night. They also have a TV in the bar area tuned to the French TV channel that shows LM live at various points during the race.

If your lucky you might be able to squeeze into the small area overlooking the track as well.

SL
Old 1 Mar 2002, 19:18 (Ref:225291)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I presume that's the Bar Le Tertre Rouge, which used to be the Cafe du Tertre Rouge before they knocked it down and rebuilt it? I've never been in there, I imagine the crush for a view of the track is pretty intense?!! (Mind you, I have watched from the garden of the first house along from there......)
Old 1 Mar 2002, 19:26 (Ref:225299)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep !

That's the one, you have to walk out of the circuit, along the road for a git.

The crowd is not as many as you would think. We were there at about midnight I think. Start and finish must be horrendus though.

SL
Old 1 Mar 2002, 19:30 (Ref:225305)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm. Could be tempted to wander along for a gander (amongst other things.....!). Likely to be after 1.00 a.m. though. (Stupid question, I presume it stays open througout the night?).