Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 Sep 2002, 11:23 (Ref:386499)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for taking this too seriously

On mature reflection I have realised I'm taking this all too personally and I would like to apologize. Also to invite anyone to remind me that I'm taking things too seriously the next time I do it.

I have a terrible backache and I've been up late watching Rally so I can do race reports for my website, and it has made me cranky.
Old 23 Sep 2002, 12:20 (Ref:386561)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are you talking about Liz?

You've been nothing of the sort!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 14:50 (Ref:386650)   #3
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you are feeling better soon Liz. Lift too many boxes of books during your move, did you?

It seems like MANY people are taking the IRL vs CART issue too seriously, if that's what you mean. A few anxious words and sharp retorts are nothing when you consider Dario Franchitti is getting death threats. THAT'S taking it too seriously.
Old 23 Sep 2002, 16:26 (Ref:386674)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
death threats... Dario should ask Damon Hill after his Germany 1994-95 experiences...

but well.. I'm not surprised we're taking it seriously...
Old 23 Sep 2002, 17:57 (Ref:386712)   #5
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Death threats!.....Thats crazy!

Its funny but at one time I thought TG was the anti-christ himself for doing what he has been doing to my fav. racing series. Now I feel that he may be doing CART a favour by streamlining their organization so that they can use the leadership provided by Pook as opposed to constantly infighting amongst the teams. Is it possible that by having top drivers race in the IRL with 10 to 20 percent attendance caps. they will see that CART really isn't so bad?

Hope you feel better soon Liz.
Old 23 Sep 2002, 20:51 (Ref:386840)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks -- someone has recommended something that sounds like Robots (robax?) and I'm going to get it on the way home. I suspect NeilC is correct and it was too much heavy lifting over the last week.

If anyone is making death threats to any driver, he has completely lost his mind. Unless he is Jean Alesi chasing Trulli through the infield at Montreal or something. I just asked him if he was really that hard up for money -- was Ms. Judd not getting the good roles after all?
Old 23 Sep 2002, 21:03 (Ref:386855)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
death threats? serious? where did you hear that?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 23 Sep 2002, 21:12 (Ref:386865)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Unless he is Jean Alesi chasing Trulli through the infield at Montreal or something.
LOL at that line, Liz!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 23:52 (Ref:386967)   #9
Liz
Veteran

I miss hearing Alesi shouting "I WEEL KEEL YOOOOOOOOOU!" Can't help thinking that it has made Trulli the "marathon man" he is today.

Robaxacel and aspirin patches have helped me feel better, and I hope to be able to approach life more calmly by tomorrow.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 13:20 (Ref:387280)   #10
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jay, thanks for calling my attention to it; I went back and checked my source which refered to "threatening messages" sent to Dario. It was bad journalism on my part to make it into "death threats". Sorry for the hyperbole.

A threatening message could be anything from a death threat to a threat to return Ashley Judd movies to Blockbuster without rewinding them, which in some states, carries a heavier penalty than a death threat.

Liz, try a heating pad too. If it doesn't ease the pain and stiffness, it is at least very comforting.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 15:37 (Ref:387357)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank Neil, threats of any kind are quite serious and should stop. I know this upcoming weekend won't be pretty for those three, but I really hope people can show respect at least. There's nothing wrong with letting them know what you think, but it can be done politely.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 24 Sep 2002, 17:05 (Ref:387406)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Yes, politely boo them in the drivers' parade, just like everyone did to TGF in Montreal!