Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2994813)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MG Car Club International Festival

Otherwise known as MG Live
Old 31 May 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3082244)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time to bring this one up, seeing as It's the next time out for my toys.

We're entered in the JD Classics Touring Cars and the MGB 50 celebration.

This should be the first time I've ever raced an MG of any kind at this annual event.

Anyone else going? Incidently the JD Classics race is on the Saturday.

Full details of the races are here: http://www.mgcc.co.uk/mglive-2012-racepage.html
Old 31 May 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3082267)   #3
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'll be there Peter - timekeeping. Hoping to take my 'B' if I can get the restoration finished off in time (and if I'm brave enough to drive it that far south so soon after completion!)
Old 31 May 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3082272)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
two rounds of the Peter Best series on Sunday in the ZS180; a race each for Alex and me.
Old 31 May 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3082290)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR are running there and we are hoping for a good grid.
Old 31 May 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3082301)   #6
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
FISCAR are running there and we are hoping for a good grid.

We've got four Lotus Elites out in in the FISCAR race - should be fun.

I was contemplating entering the Ecurie GTS race as well, but it is a 50 minute race that immediately preceeds the FISCAR race, and I'm getting too old for such excesses.......

Now if one of the GTS guys wants a second driver to start the race, my fees are very modest

Old 31 May 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3082562)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brian, our grid should be interesting, and we are running not only with the Iconic 50's but also hoping to put out a few Chairman's (that's me lol) Invitation cars as well, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3083134)   #8
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 58 entries for the MGB 50 race. A bit of an issue has been the fact that 2 weeks ago they rescinded the plan to allow the use of Avon tyres and now only want Dunlops. That was a bit of the gun to the head as I was just off on holiday! Quite a few others are equally peeved. I've bit the bullet but will have to learn to drive on them somehow.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3083143)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They are much more fun than avons.

Edit: By the way, where is the entry list?

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 1 Jun 2012 at 10:38.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3083173)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a bit of PR puff on the MGCC web site giving the number, and it was circulated on one of the trade email round robins.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3083180)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ok, I just got a message from Steve Carr, suggesting that it is over subscribed and thus there's probably going to be some culling. I suspect that because I don't do any other MGCC races, my entry will be at the top. Hey ho, they may think differently though.

My latest info is 65 entries.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3083240)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm entered in the Thoroughbreds Race, see you all there.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3083243)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, if nothing else I'm in the JD Classic.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3083266)   #14
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with the Cunningham in Fiscars race - looking forward to it - will be our first race (if we can get ready in time!)
Old 1 Jun 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3083463)   #15
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
There are 58 entries for the MGB 50 race. A bit of an issue has been the fact that 2 weeks ago they rescinded the plan to allow the use of Avon tyres and now only want Dunlops. That was a bit of the gun to the head as I was just off on holiday! Quite a few others are equally peeved. I've bit the bullet but will have to learn to drive on them somehow.
Considering the on-going Dunlop supply problems I would suggest that is a tad naughty.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Jun 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3083469)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not heard of any problems and I run them.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3083487)   #17
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe its only certain sizes then? I had problems last year and a mate couldn't get any for his LC the other week.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 2 Jun 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3083765)   #18
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The boss JT has pushed us to have a couple of cars at this meeting.Will be our first road race this year.Porsches and Alta/Talbot in Brooklands 500.Need a Fiat 500 or 650 as a paddock car. Suicide doors ,Any ideas.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3083895)   #19
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's a paddock car? LOL
One of the few issues with this event is that there are too many trailers and needless vehicles left around the pit garages. So often I've returned from practice or a race and been upable to get back into the grage because some prat has blocked the way in!
It's fairly simple to put the trailer in the trailer park area and just have one "support" vehicle but some folk feel the need to have their trailer, motorhome, personal car and van beside the garage.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3084022)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I want to buy a Fiat 500 for paddock car to get to and from Green Man and at Le Mans.Does that solve the problem.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3084037)   #21
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I want to buy a Fiat 500 for paddock car to get to and from Green Man and at Le Mans.Does that solve the problem.
Love them - esp. the 600. Here' one: http://www.classic-chrome.co.uk/search-show-003076.html
Old 4 Jun 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3085373)   #22
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for the GTS race and have an entry confirmed for the invitational, but I think that was just because my 2nd driver was sent an invitation some months ago (Mike Entwisle)

Should be a good weekend, it was a good one in 2010 when I last went
Old 6 Jun 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3085997)   #23
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this, John?

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...1965-fiat-500/

No connection with the vendor, just looks like a nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Old 6 Jun 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3086054)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Like it,Will sort during day.Cheers Mate.

RHD would have been ideal but decided we have the correct bloke to drive it or another one to LMC.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3088490)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was unable to ascertain whether I had an entry for the MGB race and there's no point in getting the logistics organised for two cars on the basis of speculation, so I've pulled the entry. Still looking forward to racing the Capri but would have been fun to run the B too.