Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SeaBass reflects on 2003...

From Cart.com: http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7416

CHAMP CAR REVIEW: THE THOUGHTS OF SEBASTIEN BOURDAIS

Monday, December 1, 2003

Highlight of the season?
"My personal highlight was earning my three wins. Each one was equally important to me. The first one in England was very special because it was the first. The second one in Germany was special because it was my first race on an oval. The win in Cleveland was special because it was our first race in McDonald's colors which was an important time for us but it was also a special win because it was our first on American soil after having been close so many times before that. Before that I didn't have any good results in the US in either CART or when I ran twice in the 12 Hours of Sebring. Of the three Champ Car wins, it is hard to pick one of the three as a highlight, they were equally satisfying."

"I think that from an overall highlight of the season racing-wise, it would have to be the event in Germany. That is the one I have heard the most about from the fans and people around me as being the most exciting."

Most enjoyable race?
"My most enjoyable race was probably Cleveland. It really kicked my butt and was a hard race. Because of the intensity and the final result Cleveland was great. The whole weekend from winning the pole to the race made it the most enjoyable for me particularly because nothing happened easily and that makes it even more special."

Most amazing moment?
"Probably the most amazing moment of the season was when Alex ran in Germany. After four or five laps he was flat out and it took me 15. He's European and when I was watching the Champ Car races on TV he was the star of the series."

Favorite Paul Tracy moment?
"I would have to say that I was really happy for him when he got the back-to-back wins in Canada because I know that was important for him. Of the two I would say that I was happier for him when he won in Toronto."

Best trackside food!?
"I never experience any food at the track because Peter and Mary-Lin Murphy, Coop (Laura Cooper) and Wayne who run the team's hospitality area made sure that the entire team had great food!"

Best drive of the year?
"Cleveland for sure for the reasons above. I was stuck behind Paul, with no way to pass. When I got by we just took off."

Final thoughts?
"I'm happy about what we were able to accomplish but also know that there were a lot of other opportunities to earn a good result if we didn't have the mechanical problems. I'm particularly proud that we won the Bridgestone Award because that proved we had the potential to win the title so I can't wait for the new season to do it!"

Anything else you want to add?
"I want to thank Carl, Paul and Berni for choosing me for 2003. There was a risk when they chose me and I want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to race for such a great team in such a professional series.”

Last edited by Dov; 1 Dec 2003 at 16:00.