Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Sep 2003, 12:20 (Ref:727640)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Vote a BTCC driver in the SEAT Cupra SuperPrix

As you probably know SEAT have set up an online vote for the grid for the first race at Brands Hatch. Results of this race on the GP circuit will dictate the grid for the second race on the indy circuit. The winner will recieve 30k towards next years budget with 25k to 2nd, 20k for 3rd etc etc. Total of 100k available.

Anyway as you will have seen from my sig over the last month, I've been campaigning for one of the stars of last years BTCC, Spencer Marsh

So if you've got a minute and would like to see Spencer racing next year in the SEATs (remember there on the ToCA tour package next year), then hop over to www.seatcuprachampionship.com select paddock club (where you will probably have to register) and vote Spencer. No confirmation emails. One vote per email. You can opt out of future mailing.s

At the moment, he's 7th, but we know the voting is very very close. Just a fraction of the members on here would bring him up the grid.

Thanks in advance, and on behalf on Spencer, thanks for everyone who has taken time to vote. Much appreciated

andy
Old 23 Sep 2003, 16:33 (Ref:727882)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'd prefer to see him back at Beacon for the BTCC...!
Old 23 Sep 2003, 17:37 (Ref:727934)   #3
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I voted for Paula Cook!
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:37 (Ref:728522)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
I'd prefer to see him back at Beacon for the BTCC...!
same here. You know Chris, Beacon boss is his manager, so I would have though (having not spoken to either of them about this), that if Chris does return to the BTCC, then hopefully Spencer would follow.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 13:01 (Ref:728698)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Spencer is now upto 5th and we know from a press release last week that the top three then were seperated by just 17 or so points, so every vote for Spencer counts
Old 24 Sep 2003, 15:10 (Ref:728789)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly talk of Boon's team team returning seems to be non-existant now
Old 24 Sep 2003, 17:24 (Ref:728910)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
I'll ask Chris if I see him on Sunday
Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:58 (Ref:731360)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Your last chance to vote for BTCC racer Spencer Marsh. Two hours to go and we need more votes.

Today he has been 6th,7th and now 8th, so its very close and every vote counts

thanks

vote in the paddock club section of www.seatcuprachampionship.com
Old 26 Sep 2003, 21:42 (Ref:731394)   #9
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
whoevers voted in the last 3/4 hour. A big thanks as he's now upto 7th. It must be close
Old 26 Sep 2003, 21:53 (Ref:731410)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
6th now dude. Should be fun if Melanie Healey starts in the top three like she is at present!!
Old 27 Sep 2003, 16:43 (Ref:731903)   #11
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voting now closed:

1. Julian Westwood
2. Natalie Barratt
3. Melanie Healy
4. Hamish Gordon
5. Karl Goshawk
6. Spencer Marsh
7. Gordon Shedden
8. James Pickford
9. Emmet O'Brien
10. Gavin Smith
11. Ben Winrow
12. Stephen Colbert
13. Stefan Hodgetts
14. Paula Cook

Last edited by cos; 27 Sep 2003 at 16:45.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 17:10 (Ref:732964)   #12
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Paula Cook in last???...she's cool!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:47 (Ref:733055)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Didn't really help Spencer much. In the first race he was in the gravel at Paddock Hill on lap one, although not entirely his own fault. Race two he finished umm.. in the gravel at Paddock hill on the first lap.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 08:40 (Ref:733744)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeap, rather dissapointing in the end. Didnt see the second race from Paddock Hill bend so not sure what Happened to Spencer, but didnt James Pickford do well from 15th to finish 3rd in that second race.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:04 (Ref:733977)   #15
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup was rather disappointing was looking forward to seeing him race, and he does 0 laps in either race. Doh!