Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Mar 2005, 07:41 (Ref:1250614)   #1
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boro19 Sprint -- 20th March

Following on from the very successful but very cold Shakedown Sprint, which was well supported by BMMC-SE marshals, Borough19 MC have another Sprint at North Weald on Sunday 20th March, for which they are desperately short of marshals.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will forward details to B19.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1258667)   #2
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a very cold, but enjoyable day at the Borough 19 sprint at North Weald on Sunday.

First time marshalling a sprint so it made an interesting change from race marshalling. The radio training at Brands this year came in very useful as I was on my own with just a red flag and a radio for company.

There seemed to be more incident during the morning runs than during the faster paced afternoon runs. A TVR 'wedge' came barrelling through the cones at the finish line after the suspension broke on the front right. They're b***dy heavy cars with that big V8 up front, so we had a bit of a struggle trying to lift the nose to get the recovery gear underneath.

The organisers were very good and the runs flowed at a good pace. Giving marshals priority at the burger van was a very good idea
Driving standards were monitored and maintained very well I noticed. Especially impressed that they didn't allow one car to re-start after being red flagged because he had gone through 3 red flags at flat-out race speed. Common sense clerking (big thumbs up).

Hope to fit some more Borough 19 MC days in later in the season now if I have a free day. The club were very friendly, as were the drivers I found. I recommend these events to anyone.

Phill