Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3112991)   #1
schead
Racer

schead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridschead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pastor "EVEN Bruno was quick" Maldonado

Is it just me that finds this Jaws wannabe irritating? He smashes into everyone on track, and aside from his win, has only scored in 1 other GP, yet he manages to say "EVEN Bruno was quick", then quantifies it with "Yes, EVEN Bruno"? Personally, I think that Bruno should be saying whenever Pastor actually finishes a race "it was good, EVEN Pastor managed to get to the end without smashing into somebody". Granted, he wouldn't have to say it very often!!
Old 29 Jul 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3112992)   #2
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maldonado is 8-2 up in Qualifying.

Maldonado 29 points, 2 dnfs
Senna 18 points, 1 dnf
Old 29 Jul 2012, 02:28 (Ref:3112994)   #3
schead
Racer

schead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridschead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Maldonado is 8-2 up in Qualifying.

Maldonado 29 points, 2 dnfs
Senna 18 points, 1 dnf
Pastor has only scored points once aside from the single victory in 10 races. He came 8th in China. Not exactly Fernando Alonso!! He can't really be taking the **** out of his team mate who has scored in 5 races, (6th, 7th, 9th and 2 10th's). Obviously, the race win gives a lot of points, but he can't really rely on a single win in a season to justify being able to take the **** out of the guy who tends to finish races ahead of him.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3113164)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ask Bruno what he'd rather have, 5 points finishes or 1 win, i think i know what he'd rather have !
Old 29 Jul 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3113215)   #5
janeybobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
janeybobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And he looks like a potato.....
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3113267)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's Venezuelan... he has a model to follow.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3113276)   #7
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an odd thing to say, like he was already some big established champion whos generous enough to put in a good word for his sword-bearer

Alonso doesnt talk about Massa like that, maybe it Maldonado should drop it too. His win was awesome, but he seems to talk about it and make references of it (Im a winner, Perez isnt, etc, etc) lately more than the media or the fans do, which is never a too popular thing to do.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3113287)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He reminds me a bit of someone overzealously playing Formula 1 on the Playstation and not worrying about what they hit.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3113339)   #9
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
What so he lacks as much class off of the track as he does on it?

Suprise suprise.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3113342)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abd there's more...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101639

Oh actually nothing new !
Old 29 Jul 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3113378)   #11
aridshelter
Rookie

aridshelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it's nice to have some characters in formula one again, isn't it?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3113380)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schead View Post
Pastor has only scored points once aside from the single victory in 10 races. He came 8th in China. Not exactly Fernando Alonso!! He can't really be taking the **** out of his team mate who has scored in 5 races, (6th, 7th, 9th and 2 10th's). Obviously, the race win gives a lot of points, but he can't really rely on a single win in a season to justify being able to take the **** out of the guy who tends to finish races ahead of him.
Apart from Malaysia and this weekend, PM has fairly annihilated Bruno on pace, on all days and that's what counts, not some basic throw away remark. Besides I think it may have been misunderstood, I think he was probably just referring to the good qualy pace of both cars not just his.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3113389)   #13
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here we go, another Maldonado thread!

Oh, look his nationality has been inappropiately mentioned again too, what a surprise.

Well, I do think Pastor raises a valid point - who wasn't surprised to see Senna doing quite well this weekend? I don't think he said it in the best of terms but Pastor has been consistantly faster than Senna this season and it could have been an inside joke between South Americans, who knows?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3113395)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been in appropriately mentioned twice now because of the Welshman
Old 29 Jul 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3113414)   #15
schead
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Apart from Malaysia and this weekend, PM has fairly annihilated Bruno on pace, on all days and that's what counts, not some basic throw away remark. Besides I think it may have been misunderstood, I think he was probably just referring to the good qualy pace of both cars not just his.
Senna has now scored points in 6 out of 11 races. Pastor 2 out of 11. Hardly "On all days". Don't get me wrong, Pastor can be very fast, he is just a nutter. I would be willing to bet anything that Bruno ends the season with more points, and that is what counts.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3113417)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Senna has now scored points in 6 out of 11 races. Pastor 2 out of 11. Hardly "On all days". Don't get me wrong, Pastor can be very fast, he is just a nutter. I would be willing to bet anything that Bruno ends the season with more points, and that is what counts.
I said on 'pace' not on 'points' schead...

The time sheets and engineers analysis don't lie.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3113436)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Here we go, another Maldonado thread!

Oh, look his nationality has been inappropiately mentioned again too, what a surprise.

Well, I do think Pastor raises a valid point - who wasn't surprised to see Senna doing quite well this weekend? I don't think he said it in the best of terms but Pastor has been consistantly faster than Senna this season and it could have been an inside joke between South Americans, who knows?
No inside joke there, I would be surprised if the two talk to each other, considering Maldonado atittude.

Quote:
Good point.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3113473)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Even faster than Maldanodo this weekend apparently!

Really poor remark by Maldanado, just bad manners and hubris, not a team player that's for sure!
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3113478)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
He reminds me a bit of someone overzealously playing Formula 1 on the Playstation and not worrying about what they hit.
You know what I'm going to say, so I won't even bother to say it.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3113485)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My PS3 F1 stats-

Clean races- 0

But on the kart track, I've always been far more reasonable.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 05:06 (Ref:3113528)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Apart from Malaysia and this weekend, PM has fairly annihilated Bruno on pace, on all days and that's what counts,
Er no. Alonso is annihalating Massa but he is also regularly finishing in the points. That is what counts.

Maldonado, apparently can't see that to finish first, first you have to finish. Whilst yesterday may have been no more than a racing incident, he's failed again to understand his place in the world, which currently, is fairly high up on the stewards' radar. Had he backed out of it and tried again later, he would have; a) demonstrated some intelligence; and b) lived to fight another day. Instead he, once again, deprived Williams of the opportunity to score points.

But that's welshmen for you.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3113590)   #22
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Vinny Jones of F1.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3113649)   #23
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Martin Brundle said yesterday "He's got his own seat outside the Stewards' Room".
Old 30 Jul 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3113713)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Martin Brundle said yesterday "He's got his own seat outside the Stewards' Room".
Does it have armco around it to protect the innocent?
Old 30 Jul 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3113735)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Is this like the adage you can make a fast unreliable car a reliable car, but you can't make a slow reliable car fast?

Are we looking at someone in Maldonado, who, should he polish of the rough edges, have someone who would be a front running driver, where as, with Senna, we have someone, who, for the majority of the time is a fairly safe pair of hands, whilst at the same time, not likely to set the world alight?