Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Jul 2007, 00:03 (Ref:1950915)   #1
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Freedom of Speech in Oz Motorsport

ok, so with news that "maybe" the V8 drivers will be allowed to talk a little more openly.. and also prompted by some mumblings overheard from one of the cubicles in the furthest corner of the powder room...

what, exactly, is "bringing the sport into disrepute"?

if a couple of possibly intoxicated deputys down in the Cowboys And Maverick Society saloon bar, take offence to hearing about factual happenings on their side of town... what should they do about the lone ranger that reports said happenings?

Is "reporting" the disrepute... disreputable in itself.. or is the action that is reported the disreputable act..

is "Bringing" the key word here....? and is "Causing" the more serious offence that mostly goes un checked..?

hmmmm... yee haa!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1950918)   #2
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's not like the drivers/team owners are going to night clubs and getting drunk and disorderly, doing drugs and running from the cops, bashing up people for no reason, associating with known criminals or sleeping with each others girlfriends/wifes...

I think that the "BTSID" charge has been one of the most overused/abused charges, and is used also as a bit of a catch-all charge to penalise drivers (like Lowndes being done for swearing on air during a telecast, trouble there was that it wasn't going out live, Ten chose to air it, so who actually was guilty?)

Get rid of the charge, or start applying it to themselves for their poor efforts.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 00:57 (Ref:1950925)   #3
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
It's not like the drivers/team owners are going to night clubs and getting drunk and disorderly, doing drugs and running from the cops, bashing up people for no reason, associating with known criminals or sleeping with each others girlfriends/wifes...

I think that the "BTSID" charge has been one of the most overused/abused charges, and is used also as a bit of a catch-all charge to penalise drivers (like Lowndes being done for swearing on air during a telecast, trouble there was that it wasn't going out live, Ten chose to air it, so who actually was guilty?)

Get rid of the charge, or start applying it to themselves for their poor efforts.
"Poor efforts" is an understatement. Failure to black flag a couple of drivers in recent rounds for blatant breeches of the rules has left the officials responsble and VESA with a serious lack of credibility and that BTSID!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 01:07 (Ref:1950930)   #4
dmcl
Racer

dmcl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nicely said datto, those sort of things are the realm of AFL & NRL football teams (think didak, carey, canterbury ) and perhaps the rule has been used to the detriment of the sport in the past.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 01:21 (Ref:1950932)   #5
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
, associating with known criminals or sleeping with each others girlfriends/wifes...

Have they stopped? No wonder Wayne thinks the sport is getting boring

Seriously though "Ronspeak" is making F1 drivers boring, and the same was happening to the Taxi drivers.

Last edited by Oldtony; 1 Jul 2007 at 01:24.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 01:28 (Ref:1950933)   #6
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
"Poor efforts" is an understatement. Failure to black flag a couple of drivers in recent rounds for blatant breeches of the rules has left the officials responsble and VESA with a serious lack of credibility and that BTSID!
Mistakes are excusable... we all make them...

it's how we recover from them that determine our "repute"...

covering them up and throwing BTSID threats/charges around is perhaps not a "reputable" way to deal with them...

first of all... fix the mistake... then, be accountable for it.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1950940)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience

first of all... fix the mistake... then, be accountable for it.
Have you ever known anybody in sports management to be accountable for their mistakes, no matter whether it is football or motorsport.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 06:04 (Ref:1950960)   #8
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
"Poor efforts" is an understatement.
I just didn't want to be called before a cams enquiry for bringing the sport into disrepute...
Old 1 Jul 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1950995)   #9
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
I just didn't want to be called before a cams enquiry for bringing the sport into disrepute...
ah, but it's not you that's "bringing" the disrepute is it?

You're just reminding/informing us of THEIR disrepute...
Old 1 Jul 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1951071)   #10
The Em
Rookie

Australia
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
The Em should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do they actually drug test in V8 Supercars? Cos I have some suspicions about Rick Kelly...
Old 1 Jul 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1951083)   #11
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Em
Do they actually drug test in V8 Supercars? Cos I have some suspicions about Rick Kelly...
I reckon his mum gives him "Calpol for kids" before his story and bedtime...

if that's what you mean?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 10:49 (Ref:1951085)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

ditto, just imagine if Willie Mason (my favourite player) was a V8 driver with the free speach rules, would definatly be some contraversy.

funny how Murph is my fav V8 driver and Mase is my fav Footy player, certainly some similarities there when it comes to talking, say whats on your mind, for some reason i like people who tell it like it is.

that last point you made is exactly right.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1951865)   #13
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Em
Do they actually drug test in V8 Supercars?
Yes they do.

CAMS & VE$A are part of the Drugs in Sport thing here in Australia and I know several drivers got tested at Sandown last year.

As for your allegation, I to have suspicions about several people who post on here
Old 1 Jul 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1951880)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's alright Datto you can always race at AASA events if CAMS throw you out but if they did that to everyone no one would be left racing under the CAMS umbrella
Old 1 Jul 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1951899)   #15
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its good to let the drivers speak their (intelligent) minds, but the carry-on at HV was a bit Mickey Mouse. I think they were just having a go for the sake of it. I was as shocked as Davison really.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1951929)   #16
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
As for your allegation, I to have suspicions about several people who post on here
He didn't make any allegations. Here merely said that he is suspicious of Rick Kelly.

Of course, there's the issue of an inference to drug use being made, but that's another matter...
Old 2 Jul 2007, 03:55 (Ref:1951965)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
Yes they do.

CAMS & VE$A are part of the Drugs in Sport thing here in Australia and I know several drivers got tested at Sandown last year.

who might they happen to be?
Old 2 Jul 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1952084)   #18
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Have you ever known anybody in sports management to be accountable for their mistakes, no matter whether it is football or motorsport.
No Pete, they normaly get promoted or given a interstate mangers role.

You can't charge the rulemakers

Old 2 Jul 2007, 10:41 (Ref:1952154)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
sometimes you wish you could charge them.