Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Oct 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1140122)   #1
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other side's view??

Quite a few people have voiced there views, some very strongly, myself included, about the BRDA commitee. I have waited for them to defend themselves, but perhaps they think that its better to keep quite, and let the drivers have there say and let of steam.

So i will post a thread to defend them. It is so easy to shout about something we know little about. It is always so easy to see how it should be done, after a cock up has occured, anyone can do that..even me. But to make the correct decision, as your trying to answer the phone, have some stock hatch driver, or, worse still, a junior drivers parent, shouting in your ear, about there little angel, who has just had his car dented, the radio asking for a decision wether the water bowser should be deployed, your bladder is bursting and you havnt had a cuppa for ever. Stress!!

I have been a helper at local grass track events, the logistics involved in getting the correct people to the correct place at the correct time, you would not belive how dificult it is.

How easy is it to go wrong, you wouldnt believe. A few years age, when the minicross used to do grasstrack events, every one turned up, all ready to go, except one thing, the St. johns ambulance people didnt send an ambulance. so everybody went home. someone at the St Johns, missread the letter, and sent one man. Easy as that, event canceled.

At another event we relied on someone to cut up some wood, to make the markers for the circuit, just a few hundred 1 inch by 9 inches, didnt do it, no markers. silly things can spoil a meeting so easily.

So next time you have a go at the commitee, they are not paid, do it because they like it, and all they ask for is a small thank you.
So from all at the Atspeed team, thank you. but as my teacher used to say, could do better.

:
Old 29 Oct 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1140129)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't expect any committee to publically comment on criticism on an internet forum and frankly, I'd have concerns about their professionalism if they did.

I do wonder though how many of the people here have actually taken the time to write formally to the BRDA and express their concerns.

In my experience, those who sound off on internet sites do so because they don't want to actually get involved and offer assistance - they merely want to criticise those that do.

Sad but true I'm afraid.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1140165)   #3
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent opportunity for everybody this weekend. It is one of the sports main showcases and if we all work together we can show what can really be done. I for one am really looking forward to it "and the stress" - hopefully not too much.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1141667)   #4
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Tony, it was a good day then?
Old 1 Nov 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1142038)   #5
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly Mr Attspeed, thank you for your words and as an organiser, if I think I can't improve I'm deluding myself. Any organiser, or driver for that matter, has always got room for improvment. For example, over the last couple of weeks I have learnt a considerable amount about technical appeals matters within the blue book. But I think it is important that everybody respects those around them for what they are trying to do. You might not always agree, but respect the intent.

PS I still haven't worked out who this King Arthur chap is, but he seems to know what he's talking about.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1142130)   #6
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Alan does that mean you are staying with us then?????
Old 6 Nov 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1146100)   #7
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any other comments about organising??
How easy or hard do others think it is??