Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2002, 12:02 (Ref:229894)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher should be the slave (Ralf that is)

By Ralf's own judgement he ought very soon to agree to number two status, surely? He said last year that team orders would be a good idea - although Frank disagreed, surely Ralf should argue the point more strongly if that's what he believes?
Old 7 Mar 2002, 12:04 (Ref:229896)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think of the irony...
Old 7 Mar 2002, 12:25 (Ref:229913)   #3
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i mentioned this same thing in another thread and some ralf lovers thought i was nuts!!! well he asked for team orders to be implememted {another show of schumacher arrogance},so go ahead ralf. be the compliant no.2
Old 7 Mar 2002, 12:53 (Ref:229933)   #4
laudaman
Rookie

laudaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Schumacher should be the slave (Ralf that is)

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
By Ralf's own judgement he ought very soon to agree to number two status, surely?
I'll agree with that - JPM's going to put him in his place this year.

Old 7 Mar 2002, 13:08 (Ref:229937)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The situation at Williams is very different from years ago, where the number one was always not clear.

The funny side of this, Williams having german machines, Ralfie is not the fave one.

But, I see on JPM's side, his talent and personality builds the team around him.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 13:11 (Ref:229939)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marc Gené can play 2nd driver role better than Ralf...
Old 7 Mar 2002, 13:15 (Ref:229942)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and one more thing:

JPM doesn't need a slave...
Old 7 Mar 2002, 13:51 (Ref:229969)   #8
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is obvious ralf only got the williams drive because BMW wanted a german in the team. he's kidding himself if he thinks he is no.1 material
Old 7 Mar 2002, 14:59 (Ref:230004)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
He should be a slave to JPM based on what? He outqualified him, then Rubens took him out before he could have a chance to do anything. Based on last year's results? Hmm, maybe you should have another look at the points standings....
Old 7 Mar 2002, 15:20 (Ref:230009)   #10
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
...and one more thing:

JPM doesn't need a slave...
Spot on.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 15:56 (Ref:230021)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Inigo

Irony - heard of that?

BBK

I only used the silly term slave to wind you up. Most people would think of it simply as working for your team - something some of these drivers ought to be reminded of.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 16:58 (Ref:230044)   #12
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont get it. Last year from the start of the season it was only Ralf were you all were talking about. like he is good he is better than Ferrari schumacher and mutch more like that and now this year it is JPM he is GOD he is the best. And I see now allready if Ralf is beating JPM it is back again RALF he is good. Look to F1 with Passion, passion for every team and every driver. Do you think that JPM is making Formula 1 well than you are thinking wrong it are all the drivers and teams not only 1 single person. I am realy sick off it that you always are talking about 1 GOD and 1 FOOL in this case Ralf and JPM. I think there allready have been about 10.000 topic's about it he is good he is bad and more stuff like that.

~~Renaultbel~~
Old 7 Mar 2002, 17:03 (Ref:230049)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Hello?

This was a joke. A quip. An ironic comment taking the **** out of Ralf's silly season statement.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 17:27 (Ref:230063)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Inigo

Irony - heard of that?

Glen, yes I have heard of irony, and it would be ironic. However, others in the thread have suggested in more serious tones that this should be the case.

Not every subsequent post is a direct response to the original posting. Ever hear of that?
Old 7 Mar 2002, 17:29 (Ref:230064)   #15
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a big RS fan. However I would not write him off. After all he has a car that is every bit as good a JPM's. I feel that JPM is the better racer but if RS qualifies on pole he can run away with races as long as there is not too much pressure on him!
Old 7 Mar 2002, 17:42 (Ref:230075)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Inigo

Sorry mate - my expression sounds more agressive than I intended.

The most ironic thing of all is that this is actually quite likely... If Williams start doing well and getting close to Ferrari they would be fools not to consider some structure to their team in the race, rather than two individual strategies. Long, long way to go of course - but whoever is in the lead by, say, Monaco will surely get the nod from the team. Could be Ralf of course. Yea, right.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 17:50 (Ref:230082)   #17
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread seems to have gone horribly wrong Glen!
Old 7 Mar 2002, 18:08 (Ref:230097)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nah, it is Ok, Glen !

Apart from Renaultbelt, who obviously seems to be bored about Ralf's thread...

I make neilap's words mine.

The season is only starting and we can not write off Ralfie.
Old 7 Mar 2002, 18:17 (Ref:230102)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
No problem Glen... Sorry, feelin a bit grouchy today myself...
Old 7 Mar 2002, 21:45 (Ref:230278)   #20
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont mind about the topic but what is a driver in this times ? just nothing anymore. Put a Mark webber in a Ferrari and he win races put a Schumacher in a Minardi and you will never hear from him again.
I just hate it that people still think that it is the man who makes the Team but it is the car that makes the team and the man. If I see race's from 15 years ago I think how is it possible that you see 2 cars racing for a victorie now it is a winner with sometimes almost a lap with the second place driver. I am missing that times, realy.

I think the most people are watch F1 to see some good moves 15 years ago they made the moves now it is all in the pits it is starting to get boring and If you see 3 very very good passes you are so happy it was a good race.

~~Renaultbel~~
Old 7 Mar 2002, 22:15 (Ref:230309)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams are not one to implement team orders. Rarely have they in fact: only Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost, from my knowledge, have actually received preferential treatment in 1992/93 when they were absolutely dominant. (Piquet was undisputed number one in 1986/87, yet Mansell still often beat him.)

To Frank and Patrick, it is the WCC they want, the WDC is almost of secondary importance to them, although they'd still like to win it, of course.

Unless one driver dominates the other, don't expect team orders anytime soon.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 03:39 (Ref:230572)   #22
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Williams are not one to implement team orders. Rarely have they in fact: only Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost, from my knowledge
What about last year ?, when Ralf got a radio malfunction..., there was another time last year too, but I can´t remember when was that.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 09:52 (Ref:230712)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Renaultbel

I'm afraid what you say is just not true. It may be the case that the car is more important than ever, but it certainly is not true that Ferrari will win every GP with any old driver - otherwise Rubens woud easily have picked up wins t the end of last season.

Furthermore, I believe it is bunkum to suggest that there was more overtaking for the lead in the "good old days" - the turbo era, for example produced wildly different levels of performance down the grid and the extreme power available meant it was harder to pass.