Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2596972)   #1
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will this upset Ford???

Inside the back page of the Telegraph today a photo of Lowndes holding two number plates

IH8FRD FRDH8R

Should go down real well I would say./
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2596979)   #2
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Inside the back page of the Telegraph today a photo of Lowndes holding two number plates

IH8FRD FRDH8R

I'm surprised. I wouldn't have thought CL would lower himself to that type of behaviour. Especially considering the amount they have paid him.......could that be interpreted as to a breach of contract?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2596983)   #3
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't he still contracted to Ford until the end of the year?

I guess not.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2596992)   #4
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone has actually seen the pictures, he's signing a set of numberplates for a fan. Not sure how that translates to his own personal message. I'd be more worried if he's refusing to sign something for a fan (from what i've heard, he was still happy to sign holden fans gear after swapping to ford) this is no different.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2596993)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Presumably a fan who owns both these plates (they seem real in the pic...) asked Mr Lowndes to sign them, and took a pic while doing so....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2596995)   #6
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
If anyone has actually seen the pictures, he's signing a set of numberplate for a fan. Not sure how that translates to his own personal message. I'd be more worried if he's refusing to sign something for a fan (from what i've heard, he was still happy to sign holden fans gear after swapping to ford) this is no differet.
OK Stelfy, I haven't seen the photo.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2596996)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:

IH8FRD FRDH8R

Story Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2596998)   #8
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
OK Stelfy, I haven't seen the photo.
I'm giving you too much credit assuming you would have got all the facts first
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2597000)   #9
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presuming it is real and not doctored. Says more about some of the neanderthals that follow the sport, don't think Lowndes would be so stupid to bite the hand that has fed him and may do so again in the future.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2597002)   #10
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Presumably a fan who owns both these plates (they seem real in the pic...) asked Mr Lowndes to sign them, and took a pic while doing so....
Hmm......now that I have seen it I hope his contract expired after last weekends race and not at midnight on Dec 31st.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2597004)   #11
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Hmm......now that I have seen it I hope his contract expired after last weekends race and not at midnight on Dec 31st.
Care to elaborate on how its breaching his contract?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2597005)   #12
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Why, he has not breached contract he is not driving the oppositon cars all he is doing is hold two number plates. Unless he is still contracted and there is a clause to say dont do such things.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2597007)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Why, he has not breached contract he is not driving the oppositon cars all he is doing is hold two number plates. Unless he is still contracted and there is a clause to say dont do such things.
Awww you just fed him the answer to my question. I wanted to see what he could come up with
Old 9 Dec 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2597010)   #14
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It depends on how the contract is worded I suppose. I would presume that he is to promote the brand as well as drive.......and that photo doesn't seem to be promoting the brand........maybe he listened too much to Roland "Spitting Chips" Dane.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2597032)   #15
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Awww you just fed him the answer to my question. I wanted to see what he could come up with

Sorry about that mate. But interesting, surely Craig would know that the picture would get to be seen.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2597033)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Hahahaha, good on him!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2597035)   #17
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think ford would be at all concerned, it seems that Roland Dane, Jamie Whincup & Craig Lowndes are quite happy to get themselves into enough trouble on their own

the best thing they could have done is just had their say, then gone quietly to holden and let the results do the talking - no one likes a buch of spiteful whingers
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2597038)   #18
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by applecart View Post
i dont think ford would be at all concerned, it seems that Roland Dane, Jamie Whincup & Craig Lowndes are quite happy to get themselves into enough trouble on their own

the best thing they could have done is just had their say, then gone quietly to holden and let the results do the talking - no one likes a buch of spiteful whingers
As much as it seems that way (with other factors to do with T8), signing a fan's gear is hardly spiting anyone......
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2597044)   #19
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As much as it seems that way (with other factors to do with T8), signing a fan's gear is hardly spiting anyone......
sorry i didnt necessarily mean CL and the number plates in this instance, more some of the actions of RD / T8

i personally believe CL has been the most professional of the 3 "faces" of T8 throughout the entire ordeal
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2597056)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no biggy FMD i'm sure you could of got this photo in the peak of CL with Ford. do it in 07 "hey Lowndes hold these up so i can get a pic". he'd do it.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:23 (Ref:2597062)   #21
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Ford have a much more even-temper re; this matter than some of the fans on this forum and would realise that this photo is hardly going to seriously influence anyone's decision between choosing to buy a Ford or a Holden, which is all they care about at the end of the day.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2597066)   #22
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger me if people take things seriously....any monkey can see that a fan has stitched him up here as a joke for themselves. If Lowndes hated Ford, why has be been the only one from 888 to acknowlege Ford in a positive light all year. I reckon this is hilarious!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2597077)   #23
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how many anti Holden slogans Craig has been photographed with in the last 9 years?

My only problem with it is people who substitute numbers for letters on number plates and think it's cool!
Old 10 Dec 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2597083)   #24
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
My only problem with it is people who substitute numbers for letters on number plates and think it's cool!
Ha, yeah I agree with this.
GR8 Observation
Old 10 Dec 2009, 03:32 (Ref:2597089)   #25
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup he hates ford so much he even put their badge on his helmet.

bloody hell some of you come up with some gems from time to time.
Closed Thread