Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2003, 20:29 (Ref:529151)   #1
RubberD
Racer

RubberD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is what team mates are there for?

What do you think about Schumi's statement? Considering he has dennied any kind of information to his previous teammates one has to conclude that is nice to ride in a one way route.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 20:46 (Ref:529162)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're thinking about the statement he made that on Friday, Rubens found the right setup while TGF didn't, so he let Rubens lead the way in terms of setup on Saturday? I think that is what teammates are there for. Beware that TGF vs previous teammates is something we have debated intensely in this forum previously, and that such a discussion for many of us is a bit of a deja vu.

TGF = That German Fellow.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 21:13 (Ref:529179)   #3
RubberD
Racer

He said he copied Rubinho's setup. It is perfectly known that he prevented his teammates from even looking at his in the past. Even if history might give you the feeling of deja vu it is sometimes a good idea to make a judgement about people's character.

Has Schumi changed his mind about how to treat his team mates or is it just a posture knowing he will get anything he asks from his team?

I prefer to call him Schumi. I find it less insulting than TGF.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 21:14 (Ref:529180)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You're really scraping for things to hate regarding Michael, if you claim that there is anything wrong with that statement.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 21:15 (Ref:529182)   #5
RubberD
Racer

Wrong is not the word. I think ironic makes much more sense in this context :wink:
Old 8 Mar 2003, 21:18 (Ref:529184)   #6
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can't beat him on track, then bash him in a racing forum!
Old 8 Mar 2003, 21:22 (Ref:529186)   #7
RubberD
Racer

Lets be a little bit positive. Perhaps he has changed his mind. Who knows, probably one of his day he will exort his fellow racers not to perform the schumi chop at the start of the race
Old 8 Mar 2003, 22:25 (Ref:529222)   #8
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact is, with the same set-up Michael was quicker!! Nothing was preventing Rubens from getting pole, so I cant see what people are whinging about.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 22:54 (Ref:529253)   #9
RubberD
Racer

Kimi saved Schumi this time around.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 23:48 (Ref:529336)   #10
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
The fact is, with the same set-up Michael was quicker!! Nothing was preventing Rubens from getting pole, so I cant see what people are whinging about.
To save the haters the trouble:
well...ummm...grrrrrr...I Hate MS!!
Old 8 Mar 2003, 23:57 (Ref:529340)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
To save the haters the trouble:
well...ummm...grrrrrr...I Hate MS!!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 8 Mar 2003 at 23:57.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 00:00 (Ref:529344)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
Didn't Ross say that they were on different strategies?
Old 9 Mar 2003, 00:03 (Ref:529346)   #13
RubberD
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Didn't Ross say that they were on different strategies?
I heard that Rubinho is on the "long pit stop" strategy. Just to make sure he does not finish in front
Old 9 Mar 2003, 00:22 (Ref:529368)   #14
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS took the mans set up and then proceeded to kick his tail with it. It was not exactly a butt kicking, but still. Its just another reminder to RB to stay in his place. I think that is why RB looked so miserable in the press conference. He had a perfect weekend until he was shown up by "the man".

MS may be snobbish and unfair to his teammates but over and over again he is able to show he deserves preferential treatment. He could not get the set up right, that is a given but with "team work" he was able to again show what he is "made of".

Anyone see the sarcasm in my statements? Some of what I said is really true though. MS is "in a class of his own".
Old 9 Mar 2003, 00:33 (Ref:529376)   #15
RubberD
Racer

Compared to Rubinho of course he is in a class of his own. By talent or by contract it really does not matter. Rubinho does not have the right to beat Schumi.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 00:43 (Ref:529388)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think Rubens might have got pole had it not been for the warning flag waved at him during his hot lap as a result of Kimi leaving some debris on the track.

More of a team mate example was Bunsen telling Jacques (before Jacques run in 1 st quals,) that there was a problem with understeer going into Turn 1, which enabled Jacques to run that fantastic lap.

As for all the SchM bashing, couldn't we get away from that now - this has been done to death. I once suggested to Craig (tongue in cheek) that we should run a separate forum for driver bashing. That was poo poo'ed at the time, but the more I think about it, the more sensible it is because all the driver bashing threads can be moved there, while the rest of us can get on with the more serious friendly discussions.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 01:34 (Ref:529439)   #17
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its all in good fun, right? No one takes it too seriously. Every chance I get to bash RS I will. Something about him bothers me. As for MS, he is a five time world champ, I dont think anything we say here can even remotely tarnish peoples view of him.