Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1701051)   #1
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a fight at Mosport!

What a driver Guy Smith is! This is just to much for me....
Old 3 Sep 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1701069)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Fair comment. In this one race Guy Smith's managed to turn me from an ambivalent observer of his talents into a true afficianado. Well done on all counts, and shame there weren't five or so more laps.

Roll on Road Atlanta.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1701248)   #3
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, what a great race. I dont like performance adjustments, but think IMSA did a good job this time
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1701379)   #4
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Yes, what a great race. I dont like performance adjustments, but think IMSA did a good job this time
I agree. It looks like the balancing is getting close to being correct--at least in LMP1. Not so sure about the Vette vs Aston. With PLM coming up, hopefully there will be no need for balancing in GT1.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1701663)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Chris Dyson a weak link in the team?

How much time did he lose in the first hour or so?

A decent performance from him, but when your up against competition with no weak links, it all counts.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1701947)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Is Chris Dyson a weak link in the team?

How much time did he lose in the first hour or so?

A decent performance from him, but when your up against competition with no weak links, it all counts.
Well, he did get the car up to third, so he did a decent job.

Of bigger note is the extra time that Dyson spent in the pits, an additional 14 seconds over the Audi.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1701954)   #7
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
At least for the track-characteristics at Mosport
There are now indications that further "adjustments" should be postponed. Dyson would have won this regarding their 14s + in the pitlane - its up to them to make the next steps
RA & Laguna Seca should also be in favour of them.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1703414)   #8
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
At least for the track-characteristics at Mosport
There are now indications that further "adjustments" should be postponed. Dyson would have won this regarding their 14s + in the pitlane - its up to them to make the next steps
RA & Laguna Seca should also be in favour of them.
I guess this all depends on why they took 14 more seconds in the pits. If it was all time wasted by Dyson, then they need to improve, but if they simply had to spend more time fueling their car than the audi had to, then there is still work to do by the ACO and IMSA.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 01:12 (Ref:1704581)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the 14 seconds was referring to what I think it is, it was a loss of time during #16's 2nd pitstop, which occured when they were changing the left front wheel. A nut got stuck in the gun, which hampered reattachment. From the TV coverage, there seems to be no way that lost a full 14 seconds though, despite how long it sounded on the radio at the track live.

I think #20's race was partly hindered by the decision to go for softs during the first stint, switching to mediums when Guy got in. That said, it's clear that Chris is not on the pace of James, Butch or Guy (who has, unnoticed because of being laps down, really been upping his game recently). He's a damn sight faster than a lot of gentlemen, but there's no doubt that a pairing of, say, Wallace/Smith would be faster outright.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1704607)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
If the 14 seconds was referring to what I think it is, it was a loss of time during #16's 2nd pitstop, which occured when they were changing the left front wheel. A nut got stuck in the gun, which hampered reattachment. From the TV coverage, there seems to be no way that lost a full 14 seconds though, despite how long it sounded on the radio at the track live.

I think #20's race was partly hindered by the decision to go for softs during the first stint, switching to mediums when Guy got in. That said, it's clear that Chris is not on the pace of James, Butch or Guy (who has, unnoticed because of being laps down, really been upping his game recently). He's a damn sight faster than a lot of gentlemen, but there's no doubt that a pairing of, say, Wallace/Smith would be faster outright.

#20 lost 14 seconds in the pits.
#16 lost an additional 10-11 seconds more than the #16.