Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2002, 15:57 (Ref:324586)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa

I'm starting to wish that we saw more of Felipe Massa on the ITV F1 broadcasts. Is it my imagination or does he have a uniquely wild-but-fast driving style? I think we are seeing the beginnings of another Villeneuve (the proper one)
Old 30 Jun 2002, 16:19 (Ref:324592)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like to watch Massa , Drivers like him are what F1 needs...real racers who give it their all.
Old 30 Jun 2002, 16:27 (Ref:324594)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. F1 has some really good racers that just dont have a winning car as yet. I still think JV races hard too he just does not qualify well. I feel that if Massa gets in a top team it will be a plesure to watch him race for wins.
Old 30 Jun 2002, 17:03 (Ref:324607)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally think F1 is looking really good for the next 5 or so years . There is so much raw natural talent coming through from lower formula's . The older guys are coming to a end of their shelf life .
Old 30 Jun 2002, 19:03 (Ref:324644)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa has improved in the second quarter of the season. If he drives te way heis doing and manages to finish ahead of Heidfeld at the end of the year, I think we can make some judgement about his abilities. He's definitely leaning and improving...
Old 30 Jun 2002, 19:39 (Ref:324684)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ditto what Doctor Frued says!

I wasn't very impressed by Massa until I saw him in Montreal. He is both fast and agressive and he is giving the hightly regarded Heidfeld fits.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 01:24 (Ref:324822)   #7
gringottsdirect
Racer

United Kingdom
50 Rue St Georges Paris
gringottsdirect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been watching Massa through Bernievision on board cameras, he is awesome.
Montoya is my favourite of the older drivers, but Massa has achieved so much more at the age of 20 than JPM.
See Freudy, what goes round comes round... just kiddin'.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 03:32 (Ref:324850)   #8
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since it's his first year, can't evaluate much of his performance. He's lucky to land a drive with Sauber, other rookies like Webber & Sato have to struggle with not a very reliable package. Lets see him next year on how he's able to cope cause in Monaco he's not that impressive.

Heidfeld is still better than him and Raikonnen.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 04:37 (Ref:324858)   #9
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa has the makings of a future champion. He's fast, in qualifying and the races - and with more experience he should be even stronger in a few years time. Ferrari have their hand on his shoulder and he is being groomed in many ways to perhaps take over Schumacher or Barrichelos seat in 04-05.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 05:32 (Ref:324865)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
he is giving the hightly regarded Heidfeld fits.
Since when?

Heidfeld has outqualified and outraced Massa at nearly every round this year. Nick has the young Brazilian completely under control.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 07:46 (Ref:324908)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I dont think we should all get too carried away about Massa yet , although i agree he is very good indeed .

as Jukebox says he is lucky to land a drive that is very competative for his rokkie year . His true test will be when it all turns against him , when the pressure to perform is greater than it is now . He has certainly got the ability , but will he be able cope if he's in a situation like Jenson was last year , or even like Sato is this year . When all the press and people are on your back asking why your not producing the results that your capable of and saying he should be replaced with another driver etc etc ..

Massa is a gem of a driver to watch , his aggresion and car control are wonderful and he is still so young so has got many years still ahead of him .

Perosnally i think he's got the potential to mature into a top driver over the next 4 or 5 years , but we wont know that until we see what strength he has to cope with the bad times .
Old 1 Jul 2002, 10:16 (Ref:325008)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's doing fine, still learning alot and is starting to come into his own, don't forget his teammate already has 2 years of F1 experience and Massa has been pretty close to him for much of the season, OK he's had his moments, notably Monaco but no-ones perfect!

Another couple of seasons where he is will probably do him good, he's got plenty of time so he should in no ruch to join the top teams before he's ready. Hopefully he'll be a future champion.