Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Jul 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2259587)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oulton Park, 2nd Aug

According to my records I'm down for this one, haven't yet had my passes - I'm guessing they may be waiting when I get home.

I've promised a work colleague my spare, but so he doesn't have to be on his lonesome he's intending to bring his Dad. While he's quite happy to pay for a ticket, I wonder if anyone could help me out with another spare? PM me if so, thanks.

Looking forward to the meet. First time on a circuit for ages (been all hillclimbs most of the year). Just hope we get Sundsy's weather, not Monday's...
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2259816)   #2
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets arrived today but sorry no spares! I'm sure someone will help out!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2259824)   #3
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woolley you can have my spare with pleasure mate
Old 29 Jul 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2259831)   #4
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did volunteer for this one but someone has decided to celebrate their 50th on this weekend and so I am unable to attend.

not only would you have had a spare ticket Woolley, but also a lift!!

have a great day all and see you soon.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2259896)   #5
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have received mine this morning for me and my son but instead of getting 4 i got 6 lol so if anyone needs 2 let me know via PM and they are yours
Old 29 Jul 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2259932)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mine not arrived yet, one offer received and gratefully accepted. I think he might be bringing his Dad and Mum, so if so I'll happily take another one (I can collect at sign on. I'll check back on Thursday when I know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill
I did volunteer for this one but someone has decided to celebrate their 50th on this weekend and so I am unable to attend.

not only would you have had a spare ticket Woolley, but also a lift!!
Some people are so inconsiderate, aren't they. Mind, couldn't have taken the lift as I'm going straight to a 40th birthday do on the way home. If I can turn up in Probans just as they're about to light the cake it should make for a good photo!

Just had a look at the timetable. Looks like lots of fun.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2259936)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris, Don't quoye me on this but I don't recall seeging your name on the list!
(However it's late and it was just a quick flick though!)

I have a spare that you can have as well if required.

And, this meeting is on the FOSTERS track!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2259943)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ooh, I volunteered through Julian's site, I think. I'd better take that spare to make sure I can get in. Is there a number I can ring to make sure I'm down for it? (PM me please). I'd better make sure I'm down for the others I think I'm doing up there as well.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2259944)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell

And, this meeting is on the FOSTERS track!
thx Mark, you REALLY know how to spoil someone's weekend!!!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:19 (Ref:2259950)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
?? - Fosters is brill!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2259952)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Ha! Sorry just read your previous post Stu.......ah well enjoy your party!

PS It was nice to meet your Good Lady at the Weekend! She's lovely!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2259953)   #12
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Ooh, I volunteered through Julian's site, I think. I'd better take that spare to make sure I can get in. Is there a number I can ring to make sure I'm down for it? (PM me please). I'd better make sure I'm down for the others I think I'm doing up there as well.
don't worry for "Non-International" meetings etc....... there are always spare tickets available @ the Left Ticket Booth. All of "Us" Marshals leave our spares there just in case. One has to be fully clad in Orange to obtain them but the circuit staff are fully clued-in (?) and expect some of us to have:

1) forgotten them
2) lost them
3) never had them but fancied turning-up
4) what are passes ????

don't worry Chris,.................. even You will be allowed in.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2259957)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
We've left instructions........
Strange thespian-type in silly hat turning up at silly o'clock in the AM!
Old 29 Jul 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2259971)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Strange thespian-type in silly hat turning up at silly o'clock in the AM!
you mean this hat??? http://www.marshalspost.com/images/tmp/bigEm9r8W.jpg
Old 29 Jul 2008, 23:58 (Ref:2260007)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
OMG, I'd forgotton that. I'll stick to my usual headger (thanks to Richard for the photo).

LH booth it is then, see you there. Sign on, that is, not the booth...
Old 30 Jul 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2260319)   #16
brsccnw
Racer

Scotland
Culcheth
brsccnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be ideal if you would let me know that you are coming to the meeting this weekend so i can add you to the sign on sheets and if the gate staff do contact us we can vouch for you.

AliG BRSCC NW
Old 30 Jul 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2260602)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
No problem, PM sent. Thanks.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2260939)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
May I say publicly a huge thank you to AliG for his help. Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2260981)   #19
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone need my 2 spares?? if not i will offer them to some mates on an MG forum
Old 1 Aug 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2261663)   #20
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
since i'm going to be camping at the circuit tonight, and my tickets hadnt arrived this morning... what time is sign on? the usual time of around 7:30-8am?
Old 1 Aug 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2261732)   #21
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Summerisle
since i'm going to be camping at the circuit tonight, and my tickets hadnt arrived this morning... what time is sign on? the usual time of around 7:30-8am?
hope reply isn't too late.

7.30 - 8
race control - observers/telephonists/flag
race control marshalls room - all other marshals & officials
chequers - incident / rescue / recovery

Dave
Old 1 Aug 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2261812)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Tickets now arrived. I've also heard from my colleague that he now can't attend (Billy no-mates, basically!) so thanks to Oscar for offerring his spare which is now not needed. It did at least make sure that I'd got mine, so not entirely wasted effort!
Old 1 Aug 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2261885)   #23
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Tickets now arrived. I've also heard from my colleague that he now can't attend (Billy no-mates, basically!) so thanks to Oscar for offerring his spare which is now not needed. It did at least make sure that I'd got mine, so not entirely wasted effort!
god knows how many you've got now as mine are in your porch. (in case you haven't looked).
Old 2 Aug 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2262244)   #24
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for making it a great day out today......
Old 2 Aug 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2262257)   #25
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar114
hope reply isn't too late.

7.30 - 8
Dave
cheers,