Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1304803)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ralf penalty for the race.

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=44316&s=5
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...toryID=8547500

Due to a mix-up with the tyres Ralf will have 0.5s added to his qulaifying time. Michelin say it was just human error as he was supplied with a front left tyre that he wasn't meant to have received. I suppose that 0.5s isn't that bad over two laps. He might not lose a place if he is very lucky, it could be many if he is very unlucky.

Will it effect the fuel he pus in for Q2? I suspect not much.

As an example 0.25s would have dropped Ralf from second to sixth after last year's one lap qualifying.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1304807)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see it affecting him by more than a place or two
Old 19 May 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1304809)   #3
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know rules are rules but I think thats unfair IMO if something beyond his control happened to his car. Its not like it would have given him an unfair advantage I'm sure.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1304812)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michelin are part of the team and it was their fault (however unintentionally).
Old 19 May 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1304819)   #5
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Human error was ultimately the excuse for Wurz's crash. Someone at Michelin needs sacking.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1304835)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do internet forums operate such a blame culture?

Always calling for sackings?

Have you never made a mistake in your job?

The Wurz error was made by one human - it's been rectified and won't happen again.

Today's will have been a different individual - who's made a minor error. No real harm done.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1304840)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I can't see it affecting him by more than a place or two
This is Monaco though, and every place counts...

Danica Patrick
Old 19 May 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1304849)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As K-b says, to err is human. We all make mistakes. Can't help feeling sorry for Ralf though - he never seems to get many of the breaks.
Old 19 May 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1304851)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Something like this really shouldn't be punished by anything other than a fine. No one has gained any advantage, it was merely a case of a rulebook mistake, and not anything that's endangered lives or shown a disregard for the rules. It will affect his qualifying 2 strategy, but by exactly how much will depend on how many cars are within 0.5 seconds of him after the first session. Running heavier and longer would proabbly make sense.
Old 19 May 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1304966)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ-Turner
Human error was ultimately the excuse for Wurz's crash. Someone at Michelin needs sacking.
Oh please. Do you just want someone/anyone at Michelin to be sacked? Just for the sake of it? In addition was it the same person? What an irrelevant comment.

Also on the level of the punishment. Yes, it is unfortunate. However the mistake should be punished. A shame, I agree, but the punishment is just and apt IMHO.

It happens get over it, I bet Ralf has. Or at least is concentrating on the next stage which is how shall he make the best of this.
Old 20 May 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1305146)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
0.5 sec penalty for Ralf

0.5 secs will be added to Ralf's qually 1 time because he used unmarked tyres...
big blow IMO with times so close in qually 1 he could lose 7-8 places...

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...19221826.shtml
Old 20 May 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1305237)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
merged