Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:13 (Ref:1052219)   #1
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC close Williams' 2nd seat

According to German TV txt Heidfeld will not join Williams because David Coulthard will return to Williams next season. I haven't been around for a while so don't know if this has been discussed before, but conclude, if this is true, we definitaly won't see Jacques back in F1.

Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1052222)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be surprised if DC was at Williams next year to be honest.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1052229)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer...Me 2 !...there is too many talented drivers around with out a drive for it to be given to DC surley ?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1052240)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
David Coulthard?
You mean THE David Coulthard also known world wide as 'DC aka Da Cube'??
Has the world gone mad??

Hell, even Yoong or Davidson would be better choices!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1052243)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, the DC bashers will no doubt be out in force now!

If we see Webber as the Mansell in the team, Coulthard is a great choice to be the Patrese.

Sensible move from Frank and Patrick, if it's confirmed.

Here's hoping.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1052254)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a waste of a top seat though, really.

I'd have thought Williams would want two chargers in the car, not one charger and one man who has been so unsuccesful (given his careers cars) that he is positively criminal!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1052255)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you can't have Michael Schumacher, get the man with the next highest amount of wins among current drivers.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:35 (Ref:1052256)   #8
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Oh, the DC bashers will no doubt be out in force now!

If we see Webber as the Mansell in the team, Coulthard is a great choice to be the Patrese.

Sensible move from Frank and Patrick, if it's confirmed.

Here's hoping.
Most people (including DC bashers) forget the importance of experience. See Massa, Klien and Sato. They have problems, bringing a consisting performance. DC is one of the most experienced guys around. Hell, he is not my favourite driver too, but a couple Webber/Coulthard sounds good to me.

And it improves Jos's chances to join Jaguar next year
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1052265)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

DC could be a plus point in car development I guess, which is maybe what Williams need most of all. So maybe it would be a sound choice.

But he wouldn't be there long. One year of being whipped by Webber and then bye, bye DC. Nice knowing you.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1052273)   #10
minirda
Racer

It isn't my intention to put this into another JV/JV thread honestly. DC to Williams certainly would be a surprise, but Frank could have a real good line up for next season IMO, given the alternatives. Heidfeld, Davidson, Villeneuve etc., come on!! I would prefer DC also.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1052275)   #11
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose he could bridge the one-year gap before Half-Nelson joins.

But does DC/Webber sound any better than Ralf/JPM?
Personally I don't think so, but...
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1052277)   #12
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Experience - plus, don't forget DC's great reputation as a development driver. It is completely logical that Williams would want a seasoned driver alongside Webber. Why would they want two top team rookies in their car? Experience and new blood - always a good combination. Doesn't sound too improbable to me. Nor does it sound like a bad decision.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1052285)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweed
But does DC/Webber sound any better than Ralf/JPM?
Personally I don't think so, but...
Until Webber has proven himself, Ralf/JPM sounds like the better combination. We don't know what Webber can do in a top team - he could be phenomenal, and he could be another Frentzen. It will be very exciting to see what he can achieve - personally I think he will do very well.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1052320)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For experience, I'd prefer Jacques. He's won at Williams, he knows the environment and knows everything... though DC would be the second choice for the very same reasons. Williams 1995, that's when DC looked most impressive. (except at Adelaide)
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1052327)   #15
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by R
We don't know what Webber can do in a top team - he could be phenomenal, and he could be another Frentzen. It will be very exciting to see what he can achieve - personally I think he will do very well.
Yes, I think he's got a completely different attitude to Harry-Heinz and won't go down that road. His confidence will also grow when he starts outshining DC!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1052334)   #16
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a good idea to have DC in at Williams as the test driver. I wonder who will get the race seat though???
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1052343)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

DC will be in the race seat.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1052346)   #18
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
What's your source, K-B?
Or is it a gut feeling?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1052348)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

I just meant in response to esorniloc's pose above.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1052351)   #20
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Yeah, it was in the other thread where you said something like " Looks like DC's got the other seat", thought I'd missed something!

Last edited by Tweed; 30 Jul 2004 at 22:03.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1052352)   #21
minirda
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
Seems like a good idea to have DC in at Williams as the test driver. I wonder who will get the race seat though???
Is this really a serious response? Since DC at least has (Trulli not being confirmed at Toyota already) 4 shots (Williams, BAR, Toyota and Jaguar) for a driver seat before even looking at the minor teams (Sauber, Jordan, Minardi).

minirda (wondering why putting Toyota above Sauber and Jaguar )
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1052369)   #22
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Webber/DC is a great combination..both very motivated, both hard working, both have earned respect in their current teams, both keep going against the odds in dodgy cars. Compared to the two prima donnas driving for Williams at the minute I think those two would be a breath of fresh air in the team. I really hope it happens.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1052374)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's madness...
Pure MADNESS i tells ya!
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:41 (Ref:1052377)   #24
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by joe rossi
Compared to the two prima donnas driving for Williams at the minute I think those two would be a breath of fresh air in the team. I really hope it happens.
Well, the two "prima donnas" are out and Webber is in. So you are guaranteed already 3/4 of your wish will come true.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:47 (Ref:1052383)   #25
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

So, sugar cube moves from macaroon to walrus...coocoocachoo!
Closed Thread