Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Feb 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1831492)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2007 Team Mate Predictions !!! (MERGED)

Toll HSV Dealer Team
R.Kelly & Tander - Tander will win more but interms of speed pretty even.

Holden Racing Team
Skaife & T.Kelly - if Skaife can have more of a consistant year than it will be very even.

Tasman Motorsport
Murphy & J.Richards - even at the start but Murphy at the end of the year.

Stone Brothers Racing
Ingall & Courtney - Courtney will be the quicker but Ingall will be more consistant.

Ford Performance Racing
Winterbottom & S.Richards - Winterbottom convinsingly.

Jack Daniel's Racing
Price & Perkins - Price will be the slightly quicker of the 2 getting home in front slightly.

WPS Racing
Wilson and Bargwana - one day Wilson one day Bargwana.

Supercheap Auto Racing
McConville & Dumbrell - McConville most of the time.

Team BOC
B.Jones & A.Jones - even stevens.

Dick Johnson Racing
Johnson & Davison - Davison convinsingly.

Britek Motorsport
Bright & Gurr - Bright by a mile.

Garry Rogers Motorsport
Canto & Holdsworth - Canto most of the time.

Team Sirromet Wines
Coulthard & Morris - Coulthard but will he keep his ride if he beats the boss.

TeamVodafone
Lowndes & Whincup - Lowndes but Whincup might pull another Adelaide surprise.

note: 2 car teams only
Old 2 Feb 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1831608)   #2
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some info just posted on Nine MSN for us Ford fans.......

Holden fans 'set to defect to Ford'
Friday Feb 2 13:23 AEDT
Rising star Mark Winterbottom expects a horde of Holden fans will defect to Ford in the fallout from the controversial end to last year's V8 Supercar championship.

Craig Lowndes was denied a chance to win his first V8 Supercar title since 1999 because of a crash with Holden's Rick Kelly in the final race of the season at Phillip Island in December.

Lowndes insists he doesn't bear a grudge against Kelly, despite Ford supporters believing the Holden drivers worked together against Lowndes, and that Kelly deliberately took him out.

The race stewards dismissed a protest by Lowndes' Triple Eight Racing team against Kelly, allowing the Mildura youngster to claim his crown 24 hours after the season finale.

"I think Rick won the championship but Craig won the fans (over)," said Winterbottom, who finished third in the 2006 championship race.

"There's more rivalry from the fans who came to the track and saw what happened.

"They're more bitter about it than Craig is because he's a professional and he's used to ups and downs.

"I think a few Holden fans might come to Ford after seeing what happened, going off feedback from what people have said.

"It'll be interesting to see what they think of it because ultimately they decide what happens in our sport and if they think it's wrong and they come to Ford, it'll be good for us."

Winterbottom, 25, and his new Ford Performance Racing (FPR) teammate Steve Richards, 34, will spend the next week on the Gold Coast sweating it out in a gruelling pre-season fitness camp.

They will get the first opportunity to race under the sport's new points system at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide starting on March 1.

Kelly clinched his first V8 Supercar championship without winning any of the 13 rounds while runner-up Lowndes took out four, including an emotional Bathurst 1000 triumph, under a system that rewards mediocrity.

Dual Bathurst winner Richards fears the new points system will scupper the chances of more thrilling battles for the championship, with Lowndes pipped at the post last year and by Russell Ingall in 2005.

"I'm of the opinion that the racing has been fantastic for three years," said Richards, who replaces Jason Bright at FPR this year.

"At the end of the day if you've got something good why go and change it?

"The reason it's been so good is that for the last two years it's come down to the last race of the championship.

"My only fear, I suppose, is that I hope we don't get down to the last round of the championship and it was decided two races ago because that's not a good situation to be in."

Winterbottom said he would adopt the same racing tactics as any other year despite the introduction of MotoGP-style points scale, rewarding drivers who pick off positions in races.

There is also a 12-point difference between first and second - compared to just four last year - with positions down to 15th receiving points.

"Last year our car was always within the top five so the points system will help us," Winterbottom said.

"I'm happy with the way they've structured it but at the same time it can turn around and bite you on the backside if you have a DNF."

©AAP 2007
Old 2 Feb 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1831693)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
Team Sirromet Wines
Oh Hardy Har Har. We're all in hysterics over that one.

I'll just say all Holdens to beat Fords and reserve judgement until the Orion starts racing in a couple of years.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Feb 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1832001)   #4
Kimirocks
Rookie

Kimirocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 big errors already....

well 3 if you count PWR's average spelling!!!

Price will THUMP Jack

Jnr will hold his own with Davo

Old 2 Feb 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1832227)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I presume this is about championship points at season's end?

Toll HSV Dealer Team
R.Kelly & Tander - Mr Tander has the speed to blow everyone off... if he is allowed to... and they seem to prep cars over here more reliably than their HRT bretheren... Mr Tander over Mr C.Bandicoot

Holden Racing Team
Skaife & T.Kelly - If its true that Mr Skaife has already wrecked his first VE, I think Mr Kelly is the shot here

Tasman Motorsport
Murphy & J.Richards - Each will go ballistic at different tracks, both likely to finish the season outside the top 10... Murf over Richards only because of the "good gear" factor

Stone Brothers Racing
Ingall & Courtney - Mr Courtney should top 10 the car... Mr Ingall will probably finish top 15... and possibly even decide to retire at season's end

Ford Performance Racing
Winterbottom & S.Richards - Both drivers have a happy knack for accumulating points. Very even, but Frosty may come out on top

Jack Daniel's Racing
Price & Perkins - This will be a see saw battle... outside the top 15 most of the time.. I actually think Mr Perkins Jr will get the upper hand eventually

WPS Racing
Wilson and Bargwanna - Mr Wilson to make the qualifying headlines, Mr Bargwanna to collect the points...

Supercheap Auto Racing
McConville & Dumbrell - Mr Dumbrell will come of age and finish more regularly than he has in the past, ahead of his accumulating teammate. Not likely either car will finish the year in the top 10

Team BOC
B.Jones & A.Jones - Mr A.Jones will finish on top... only if the spark from the development series championship reappears... and this will be easy, probably at the bottom end of the top 15

Jim Beam/Dick Johnson Racing
Johnson & Davison - Mr Davison to have brilliant days, just not all the time.. Mr Johnson likely to accumulate more points than his teammate, outside the top 10

Britek Motorsport
Bright & Gurr - One is engineered by a pro, the other a rally codriver... hmmm.. plus the gear has always been different between the #25 and #26 cars... Mr Bright in a canter... no.. not a Mitsubishi

Garry Rogers Motorsport
Canto & Holdsworth - Mr Canto can accumulate points very well, and sometimes put his unfancied car into better positions than it deserves. But that was the old VZ... who knows what the VE will do. I suspect if VE stays reliable Mr Canto will come out on top... if not, Mr Holdsworth wont be far away to take up the slack

Team Sirromet Wines
Coulthard & Morris - Another VE/VZ team... the VZ is a good car, with better engines, its reliability should see it beating the untried VE. But I expect this VE to be a rocket at some rounds. Mr Coulthard over Mr Morris...

TeamVodafone/888
Lowndes & Whincup - Mr Lowndes is the likely winner here, Mr Whincup will not always get the exact same equipment/engineering support.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Feb 2007, 07:00 (Ref:1832374)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As normal GTR I think you have hit the nail correctly on the head with the hammer. And it is good that you have finally realize what spoilt kid real name is CRASH BANDICOOT.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 3 Feb 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1832504)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimirocks
2 big errors already....

well 3 if you count PWR's average spelling!!!

Price will THUMP Jack

Jnr will hold his own with Davo

i think Jack will hold his own against Price.

and i won't turn this into another how good or how crap is Jnr thread buti will say, it has been said every year jnr will go good and he hasn't, i believe he is a good steerer but has had no presure to perform i believe if daddy gave him a bit of presure of losing his seat he would perform alot better.

and who give a rats ass about my spelling you can still read it, so does it really matter.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chatters
Oh Hardy Har Har. We're all in hysterics over that one.
i was not trying to be funny or i would of put a smile , but could the 'i don't want to be beaten' thing be the reason PM gave the job to coulthard as aposed to Ellery?

Last edited by Pro Racer; 3 Feb 2007 at 12:11.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1832801)   #8
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Related to some observations within this thread, I was on an interview panel a few years back.

We were "shortlisting" candidates and one of the essential selection criteria was " ... writing and communications skills of a high order".

One bloke who thought he was a "shoe in" was denied first round.

He tackled me later about not getting an interview.

I said that he denied because he had spelling errors in the Application so the panel "threw it out"

He admitted that he had not taken but a few minutes to use "spell check" and it cost him "big time".

So the old spelling tests when we were young were so important when we were getting our early "edjucashon"

Mike
Old 4 Feb 2007, 04:23 (Ref:1832967)   #9
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares? is everyone really that bored that you have to make up stupid topics about who's gonna beat who in the team... gosh make it something worthwhile to talk about...
Old 4 Feb 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1832972)   #10
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee I am glad you are so intelligent there angel.... like you havent made ridiculous statements!!!!

Let themmdiscuss what they want.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 05:10 (Ref:1832979)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Who cares? is everyone really that bored that you have to make up stupid topics about who's gonna beat who in the team... gosh make it something worthwhile to talk about...
Actually this piece was inspired by the same style of topic in the F1 forum on this site, which has been going for some years now.. each team evaluated teammate against teammate.. even Autosport pulls information together this way for their reviews of the races of each driver's performances (and up until a couple of years ago actually used to give them a score out of 10 for each round performance...)

Its not a strange thing to do here... teammate versus teammate is also interesting... if it brings new light into how the forumdwellers think some drivers will go, then whats wrong with that?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Feb 2007, 07:34 (Ref:1833031)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Who cares? is everyone really that bored ...
YES!

Roll on Clipsal 500!
Old 4 Feb 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1833040)   #13
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
He admitted that he had not taken but a few minutes to use "spell check" and it cost him "big time".

So the old spelling tests when we were young were so important when we were getting our early "edjucashon"

Mike

'Ebber since I took the Ebalyn Woodhed sped redding corse my comprension haz improv'd won hunett purscent' !!!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 03:03 (Ref:1833641)   #14
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toll HSV Dealer Team
R.Kelly & Tander - Garth.... Speed and Class, Setup ability. Rick will struggle with the new points system, and will probably lose a few points from outbursts or punts.

Holden Racing Team
Skaife & T.Kelly - As I've said, if the VE suits Mark's style of driving, then there's no questions. I think Mark has definitely stuggled with the wishbone front end, however.

Tasman Motorsport
Murphy & J.Richards - 50/50. Murph will take it if he's motivated, however!

Stone Brothers Racing
Ingall & Courtney - James came on leaps and bounds now. I'd still prefer to see him in a RBR F1 car with Mark Webber, which is where he would be no, undoubtedly, if they didn't blame him for the road car rollover. James by a pooftenth!

Ford Performance Racing
Winterbottom & S.Richards -Richo will more than likely be exposed this year for the "good but no great" driver he is. Frosty got the huge confidence booster he needed, let's just hope the engines hold up this year!

Jack Daniel's Racing
Price & Perkins - Very even, but shane will come out on top - this year.

WPS Racing
Wilson and Bargwanna -Bargs if they have good machinery... Wilson is a good hand, however.

Supercheap Auto Racing
McConville & Dumbrell - If they have a good VE, McConville will show his potential. Dumbrell may shine in a new team, but not beat Cam.

Team BOC
B.Jones & A.Jones - This could be the year Andrew comes out and shines, and let's face it, if he doesn't, its nearly the end of the line.

Jim Beam/Dick Johnson Racing
Johnson & Davison - Davo will absolutely murder Junior this year I feel. He was coming home fantastically last year, and if they do have some 888 parts, game over! In saying that, he better not beat Junior too much or he might.....

Britek Motorsport
Bright & Gurr - Brighty...any questions? I also hope he still gets a chance to drive some nice Prodrive GT cars.... Only time will tell

Garry Rogers Motorsport
Canto & Holdsworth - The VE driver if it's on strong, the VZ driver if it's not.

Team Sirromet Wines
Coulthard & Morris - Fabian is a great driver. I hope he gets the chance to show this. Fabian if they don't play shenanigans.

TeamVodafone/888
Lowndes & Whincup - Motivated and ready to claim back his title after 8 years. Craig, no questions, but I think it'll be alot more even this year.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1833814)   #15
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Toll HSV Dealer Team
..... Rick will struggle with the new points system, and will probably lose a few points from outbursts or punts.

Just out of curiousity, how many outbursts or punts were there in the first 12 rounds last year? (Lets not start the debate about the 13th round again!)
Old 5 Feb 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1833821)   #16
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Just out of curiousity, how many outbursts or punts were there in the first 12 rounds last year? (Lets not start the debate about the 13th round again!)
I read what he said as meaning RK would lose points from outbursts/punts brought about in almost desparation to get points, as the calm collecting method he used this year wont be as successful next year.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1834277)   #17
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wonder if there are any drivers/teams that will end the season on 0 points, given they only get allocated halfway down this year? I'm reading a lot of 'top 20...bottom 25...etc' but could the positions finish at, say, p25 and then every car thereafter be equal 26th on zero???
Old 6 Feb 2007, 03:30 (Ref:1834420)   #18
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it really that hard to see that Kelly, Ingall etc were driving to the points system? If they were smart enough to figure out the points system in the past, that won't change.

Amazing how emotion clouds judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter
'Ebber since I took the Ebalyn Woodhed sped redding corse my comprension haz improv'd won hunett purscent' !!!
Seeing as though I understood that - with effort - maybe we should all talk like that.

Last edited by RotorFan; 6 Feb 2007 at 03:33.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 04:19 (Ref:1834432)   #19
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Is it really that hard to see that Kelly, Ingall etc were driving to the points system? If they were smart enough to figure out the points system in the past, that won't change.

Amazing how emotion clouds judgement.

Seeing as though I understood that - with effort - maybe we should all talk like that.
Hope the kid proves me wrong, but let's look at his track record (NO, i am NOT going into Phillip Island, and NO, I didnt mean that at all when I posted it)

* Outburst over Cam McConville passing him "under yellow" when he was actually wrong.

* Puts Jason Bright into the wall, and all he can talk about is runing Holdens chances in th championship - did he once in the interviw actually ask how Jason was? (bit worrying when you are more concerned about your employer's material income than your co-worker within a group....)

* Numerous "spoilt brat" type comments when interviewed.

I REALLY hope that this year wasnt an act, and that he has his head together now. He drove alot more calmly and did pit alot less crap out (disregarding that end of year "press release") of his mouth.

Now, I hope that clears my comments up. NO Phillip Island replies, PLEASE!
Old 11 Feb 2007, 04:15 (Ref:1838429)   #20
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
Toll HSV Dealer Team
R.Kelly & Tander - Tander will win more but interms of speed pretty even.

Holden Racing Team
Skaife & T.Kelly - if Skaife can have more of a consistant year than it will be very even.

Tasman Motorsport
Murphy & J.Richards - even at the start but Murphy at the end of the year.

Stone Brothers Racing
Ingall & Courtney - Courtney will be the quicker but Ingall will be more consistant.

Ford Performance Racing
Winterbottom & S.Richards - Winterbottom convinsingly.

Jack Daniel's Racing
Price & Perkins - Price will be the slightly quicker of the 2 getting home in front slightly.

WPS Racing
Wilson and Bargwana - one day Wilson one day Bargwana.

Supercheap Auto Racing
McConville & Dumbrell - McConville most of the time.

Team BOC
B.Jones & A.Jones - even stevens.

Dick Johnson Racing
Johnson & Davison - Davison convinsingly.

Britek Motorsport
Bright & Gurr - Bright by a mile.

Garry Rogers Motorsport
Canto & Holdsworth - Canto most of the time.

Team Sirromet Wines

TeamVodafone
Lowndes & Whincup - Lowndes but Whincup might pull another Adelaide surprise.

note: 2 car teams only
Tander EASILY
Skaife CONVINCINGLY
Murf (when he is happy)
EVEN
Frosty EASILY
Jack
Bargs
Cam EASILY
Who knows - both slow
EVEN
Bright BY A COUNTRY MILE
EVEN
Coulthard EASILY
Lowndes CONVINCINGLY
Old 11 Feb 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1838539)   #21
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
I just wonder if there are any drivers/teams that will end the season on 0 points, given they only get allocated halfway down this year? I'm reading a lot of 'top 20...bottom 25...etc' but could the positions finish at, say, p25 and then every car thereafter be equal 26th on zero???
This is an interesting point.... Has anyone actually done the maths on what everyones worst result was last year? ie would everyone have scored points? (of the "regular" drivers at least?)
Old 12 Feb 2007, 05:41 (Ref:1839016)   #22
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Andrew Jones didn't manage to break into the top 15 at any race (but I could be wrong)
Old 12 Feb 2007, 11:01 (Ref:1839197)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Almost agree there Deeks, just a few diffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
Tander EASILY
Skaife CONVINCINGLY
Murf (when he is happy) This might be closer than people think - Jas just
EVEN
Frosty EASILY
Jack
Bargs
Cam EASILY Not easily but should do so
Who knows - both slow Brad
EVEN
Bright BY A COUNTRY MILE
EVEN
Coulthard EASILY
Lowndes CONVINCINGLY Lowndes but only just

Last edited by sizzle; 12 Feb 2007 at 11:04.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1839996)   #24
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Imagine going to your sponsors at the end of 07 and asking for more money to perform better in 08 and having nothing to sell. Thesponsor asks how 07 whent and u say great but we scored no points in the championship, not a one. This is the original reason points whent all the way down to last in the first place. To make it easier to sell to sponsors.

Th old system made ordinary teams look half good. Will be interesting to see who is where at years end. Steve Johnson will have to have a much more improved year to break the 10 now!!!!!!
Old 13 Feb 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1840253)   #25
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Man
you have picked up what others have missed
In an attempt to please the media V8Supercars have taken away the measurement of performance of the teams that finish after 15th .
Surely they can devise a ranking system like Golf or Tennis if they are serious about their sport ever being accepted as a world series .
Or why not just copy NASCAR