Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:24 (Ref:785973)   #1
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Startline snippets

So there we all were yesterday, down on the grid being deafened by the supercars, noses and eyes suffering at the sickly sweet smell of the aviation fuel being run by some of the cars. Those present would have seen Carnegie falter at the start of the A final and then retire - reason being was he left a fair portion of his propshaft on the startline, rather than take it with him. What amazed me was how thin and light the ripped out section was - surely not man enough (certainly wasn't in this instance) to cope with the power going through it.

Nice to meet Guisboro Rod H (the elder)!

I'm approaching notoriety - twice while have a bimble about during the lunch break I got tapped on the shoulder and asked - "You're the chap from Lydden aren't you?"

I almost felt embarrased when I went up to see Arthur for the level of praise heaped on me and the marshals!

I really wish we could see some of the racing from the startline at Brands........

I don't suppose anyone has thought any more on what Arthur read out when I went to see him? I'm after a 3" wide 3 or 4 point race harness for banger racing. If anyone has one in the back of a race bag anywhere that they are not likely to use anymore, or even a spare one they'd like to sell to me cheaply (and I mean cheap - I'm being made redundant again in 4 weeks) post on here and perhaps we can sort something out in time for the Lydden event at the end of December. Much appreciated.

Any news on Danny Budd - his family had rather a bad weekend all in all - it'll be nice to know if he's okay.

And I don't like this new stipulation about the start procedure - having to run through the grid instead of off to the side. Too far to run if you ask me. I do like the lights though, could do with those at Lydden.