Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Oct 2003, 12:41 (Ref:769102)   #1
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross snippets

I have it on pretty good authority as to who is taking delivery of a V6 Clio for the modified category of rallycross.

Think Hart engined Fiesta.............
Old 31 Oct 2003, 13:50 (Ref:769200)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mr Sellar I presume? That should be an interesting beastie.

Is the clio the way to go then? With Terry and Nick Briggs both going clio next year as well it'll be looking a bit French out there. Good to see another new car though.
Old 1 Nov 2003, 09:52 (Ref:769947)   #3
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think a V6 clio is definatley the way to go. The engine's in the right place and it should be fairly cheap to run.

I they are using old Clio Trophy cars then there would be a bit of work involved changing the suspension and gearing as they were built by Renault as pure race cars.

I would love to see a few out in modified next year to give those front wheel drives a run.

I also hear that John Cross is selling his Focus and is building a new modified car. Does any-one have any details of what he is building.
Old 1 Nov 2003, 13:43 (Ref:770095)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
John Cross said something about building a 'rear wheel drive' modified car but beyond that no idea!
Old 2 Nov 2003, 09:04 (Ref:770551)   #5
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Cross it will be a Ford, rear wheel drive Focus I expect.
Old 2 Nov 2003, 13:38 (Ref:770740)   #6
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard its a Fiesta as Autocross are supposed to be doing a Hot Rod version of the car aswell.

Does anyone know if Terry Briggs will be selling his Metro and has anyone a contact address for him please
Old 9 Nov 2003, 23:38 (Ref:778296)   #7
Hog
Racer

Another of my sources says that the Clio has been collected - apparently from Germany!

Oh Papa.....
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:42 (Ref:778827)   #8
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have heard that there may be another Clio Trophy car coming across in a couple of weeks time.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 22:06 (Ref:779240)   #9
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've been hearing there may be several of the Clio V6s finding their way into rallycross. Sounds like a cheaper and effective way into the modified ranks.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 23:49 (Ref:779329)   #10
Hog
Racer

Wahay!

Lydden rallycross on 27th December. How come no-one said anything beforehand? Just got a flyer in the post.

Time for the Santa beard methinks!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 10:51 (Ref:779675)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Excellent! I'd seen the event on the Lydden calendar but hadn't heard anything else about it so I'd assumed it was cancelled (like last year - found out it wasn't on when we got to the circuit and discovered it locked up).
Old 11 Nov 2003, 13:18 (Ref:779796)   #12
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats the format for Lydden on the 27th then. Which drivers are we likeley to see out for that meeting?
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:46 (Ref:784969)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terry Briggs isn't doing much by the looks of it coz everything he has is for sale in MN this week. Including the TT which I thought was bought by the guy who drives the Golf at Croft.
The 6R4 is for sale as is a V6 Clio which has been broken up and will be sold for parts.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 19:22 (Ref:785145)   #14
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boaks didn't buy Brigg's car, i thought that too, but I read somewhere he bought a new shell and is using an Audi 20v engine, could be interesting. Was told today Brigg's will still use the Metro next year.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 19:33 (Ref:785148)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Sellar Clio V6 ran demonstration laps at Brands today
Old 16 Nov 2003, 19:47 (Ref:785158)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
The Clio looked pretty impressive didn't it? As they said it's not set up for the loose yet but good to see another new shape out on track.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:07 (Ref:785557)   #17
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of entry forms for Lydden were given out over the weekend, I know because I did it. Seemed to be a fair bit of interest, particularly amongst the Modified runners. There will also be a challenge between stock hatches and group A hot rods from Arena Essex, the Spedeworth stock rods are busy at Wimbledon (twice) over the Christmas period. Minis have been invited but must come up with minimum numbers, no single car races.