Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jun 2004, 00:34 (Ref:1007481)   #26
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
Ditto that Sato.

That's part of the reason I like JPM. I see a bit of Noige in him.
Juan Pablo certainly whines like the good ol' Nige. Though he is a little more immature when he gets in a race car. JPM is learning though.. this year he seems to have improved.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 21:44 (Ref:1008314)   #27
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While a personality helps, the most important thing is for someone to LIKE what they're doing, to want it because they enjoy it, not simply to boost their ego. On track someone who takes no prisoners in all circumstances but still has some integrity.

I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I really didn't like how MS won Montreal. He was driving slow, pacing himself for most of the race, not bothering to truely challenge anyone, simply to put in a couple hot laps when the track was clear. MS does not want parity in the series or his own team because he simply wants to win, not to individually deserve it each race. (regardless if he's the best driver or not) At Monaco he let his true self show when he brake tested JPM and then his gut reaction was to cut him off into the wall when JPM appeared to be going by (on the yellow). It's one thing to do it when the WDC is at stake, it's another when it ment nothing. I think a lot of people agree with this, that's why despite his success and enthusiasm for winning, MS isn't all that popular.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 23:54 (Ref:1008363)   #28
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"Not in this year's F1 grid... But I can say that an example of what I said was winning in Road America about ten years ago..."

Ok..i'd give it to you. But coincidentally, last year i saw an example of a driver whom i think has what i don't wish to see in an F1 driver -maybe they're the same person (ok..just kidding mate)

Basically, i like drivers with exceptional skills, or at least, entertaining skills in an F1 car. The skill to drive, to overtake, to perform, to impress...

And also quite importantly, i don't like to see a driver who complains about competitors, who pull black faces, who refuse to admit mistakes, and try to tarnish other's achievements when they lost...it brings back one of Mika's wise phrase "To be a good winner, sometimes you have to be a good loser". A few recent examples of drivers clearly can't do it.

Snurb, all i can reply to your post at this point of time is that you've greatly misunderstood the situation I'd be genuinely surprised if many people share those thoughts you have, but it's your opinion.

Last edited by Gt_R; 18 Jun 2004 at 23:56.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 01:07 (Ref:1008393)   #29
prestonsau
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia /China
prestonsau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read Dennis Jenkinson's book "The Racing Driver" - there's no more to said.

Blue Flag meaning: There's a race going on an you're not in it!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 01:09 (Ref:1008395)   #30
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I really didn't like how MS won Montreal. He was driving slow, pacing himself for most of the race, not bothering to truely challenge anyone, simply to put in a couple hot laps when the track was clear. MS does not want parity in the series or his own team because he simply wants to win, not to individually deserve it each race. (regardless if he's the best driver or not) At Monaco he let his true self show when he brake tested JPM and then his gut reaction was to cut him off into the wall when JPM appeared to be going by (on the yellow). It's one thing to do it when the WDC is at stake, it's another when it ment nothing. I think a lot of people agree with this, that's why despite his success and enthusiasm for winning, MS isn't all that popular.
Off topic, but I just have to reply to this.

Monaco GP.

Passing under YELLOW is NOT ALLOWED, not to mention BEHIND SC. Hence there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for MS to even bother to defend his position.

JPM is simply in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and frankly, could have avoided the incident if he had kept a safe distance. See JT's comments for details.

Canadian GP.

I'm sure you crack your brain memorizing and revising and re-revising "1+1=2". I'm sure you put in the ultimate effort every single day for every single task. I'm so ashamed. I'm like MS. I do just sufficient to accomplish my goals. And then I set yet another goal. And I again do just sufficient to accomplish that one, then another.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1008635)   #31
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fan
Two words: Jean Alesi

*two thumbs up*
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1011134)   #32
AlesiUk
Rookie

AlesiUk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want to see a guy who looks like he ir racing because he loves racing. Someone who drives flat out to pass the car infront. Someone who will make a pass for 12th place on the last lap for no other reason than he can.

these kind of guys rarely come along tho,once in a generation maybe. Peterson,Gilles,Alesi,Sato.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1011141)   #33
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no....no,no.

I think you'll find that I am the only Alesi fan in scotland.

Away with you now.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1011145)   #34
AlesiUk
Rookie

AlesiUk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha,i used to know of at least 3 in scotland,which seems to be roughly double the amount of Coulthard fans in scotland(dont get caught up in the math,please..)