Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Aug 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1065346)   #1
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purnell on Button

(from F1 LIVE)

Apparently Tony Purnell of Jaguar doesn't believe that the way the Button affair has played out is good for the image of F1, and that Jenson has bought shame on the pitlane for the way he has handled things. (I'm paraphrasing, not quoting).
Personally I find this a bit hypocritical coming from a team that seems to delight in screwing over drivers mid-season, Burti, Pizzonia, and now Klien. (Maybe Wilson as well.)

Wouldn't he be better served looking a little closer to home when discussing the relationships between teams and drivers?

Anyone else agree?
Old 13 Aug 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1065387)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anyone's brought shame on F1, it's Jaguar, whose treatment of drivers has indeed been second-rate - like Toyota, they think the cause of all their problems is the driver, and won't take responsibility for the car.

Considering that Jenson didn't mention the issue of unpaid bonuses, I think he acted a lot better than we realised at first, and it's not the first time Dave Richards has looked like a shady dealer.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1065390)   #3
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's certaintly an interesing comment to make, and I have to agree with you.
It sound like everyone wants to have their say on the matter, and in Jaguars case with the possible intention to detract from their own controversial team/driver relationships.

But then again I am rather cynical!

Last edited by Son of Jor-El; 13 Aug 2004 at 20:32.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 23:33 (Ref:1065466)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always liked Tony Purnell. Seemed to know what he was talking about.

However, more comments like this and he'll be consigned to the Jaguar Racing bin, where a whole range of idiots reside.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 23:46 (Ref:1065470)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's nothing to do with him.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 03:18 (Ref:1065558)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'd like to see direct quotes for a start, then I'd like to know if it was an answer to a question (and lets face it, the press are loving this).

BTW, when did Jensons unpaid bonuses move from rumour to fact?
Old 14 Aug 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1065775)   #7
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It came in the Friday press conference Wrex. All the team people were asked their observations on the Button saga. Don't think the unpaid bonuses thing has moved into fact yet