Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1168116)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quoting someone who quotes someone who quotes an "insider" is always good for a laugh.

An "insider" told me that.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Nov 2004 at 15:25.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1168123)   #102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
if Honda/BAR can beat Williams again this year, Button will assuredly have second thoughts about his future. ............................... And let's not forget that Ferrari will be replacing Schumi, and possibly RB, soon. Button is sitting pretty, imho.
I can agree with that.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1168177)   #103
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Quoting someone who quotes someone who quotes an "insider" is always good for a laugh.

An "insider" told me that.
Yes,

Or "my sources" tell me such and such .....
BTW, where is Grumpy1?
Old 30 Nov 2004, 17:00 (Ref:1168180)   #104
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: JR...I mean DR!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Damon may not have been young, but he was talented enough to..

A) win the WDC

B) beat JV in the process.

Those were Damon's only options in 1996.
Beating a rookie, albeit an extremely talented one, in a vastly superior car after trying for 3 seasons, that season was his last chance really.

But i don't think this thread is about Damon Hill IIRC.... hrug:

Last edited by ASCII Man; 30 Nov 2004 at 17:00.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1168232)   #105
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Re: JR...I mean DR!

Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man

But i don't think this thread is about Damon Hill IIRC.... hrug:
Tell that to Tye, he brought it up
Old 30 Nov 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1168248)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No surely it is about JV?
Old 30 Nov 2004, 23:10 (Ref:1168434)   #107
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting that Button has told The Guardian that he made a 'mistake' trying to sign with Williams. According to the article, Button said, "I did make some mistakes. I don't know the legal side of things so I just had to listen to what people had to say. I thought it was the correct thing to do, but obviously it wasn't. In my reasoning for moving I don't think I made a mistake, but in not talking to David myself I was misguided. Honda having a stake in the team is the best thing for BAR. It's huge for everyone working here. It makes us very excited about the coming years."

The article may be found here.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1168438)   #108
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So he doesn't say he made a mistake trying to sign for Williams.

He says it was a mistake not to tell David Richards he was signing for Williams.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 05:14 (Ref:1168595)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Anybody noticed the tag line for the fantasy football game on that report? "Ever fantacised about Delia Smith?" Oops I think I left the word "being" out of that sentence.

Actually the report does reflect my thoughts in that the rift between him and DR was more of a "professional position" than a personal thing.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 05:33 (Ref:1168603)   #110
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: JR...I mean DR!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
Again, he left the team, something DR didn't do. It's all in the wording. I'm done!
If a person (JV or DR) is told by the company they work for that they do not have a job after a certain date, be it 2 minutes, 2 weeks or 2 months, I’d call that getting fired. Even if the employee leaves early he has still been sacked. Tye your argument didn’t work in the 2nd grade and it won’t work now. JV and most likely DR were both sacked.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1168760)   #111
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting that Button says it makes us excited about the coming years. Plural. Has his outlook for 2006 shifted already, or is he simply using the standard team-player vernacular? I think the latter, probably.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1168842)   #112
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he will wait and see, who know's what 2005 will bring. Will BAR produce another great car and Williams another poor one? Or vice versa, or maybe they will be evenly matched.

There are other variables, BMW is still wavering over the new engine rules and has so far resisted the temptation to buy into Williams, which potentially leave FW vunerable if the BMW board decide that they have 'done' F1.

With Honda buying into BAR (and likely to buy the team entirely in the future) Button at least knows that Honda has put it's money where it's mouth is and made a heavy commitment.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1169968)   #113
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like the buy out has hit a snag...

Quote:
British American Tobacco, which owns 90 per cent of the shares in BAR’s holding company, originally intended to buy out the remaining 10 per cent from minority shareholders Adrian Reynard, Rick Gorne and Pollock, the co-founders of the team, to allow a 55-45 split between itself and Honda.

Gorne and Reynard are understood to have accepted the offer, but Pollock turned it down.
Rest of the article can be found here
Old 2 Dec 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1170285)   #114
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Re: JR...I mean DR!

Quote:
Originally posted by dsg
If a person (JV or DR) is told by the company they work for that they do not have a job after a certain date, be it 2 minutes, 2 weeks or 2 months, I’d call that getting fired. Even if the employee leaves early he has still been sacked. Tye your argument didn’t work in the 2nd grade and it won’t work now. JV and most likely DR were both sacked.
It isn't an argument! That is your first mistake. Think Obvious!

If you can't see the light, then may I suggest you get a candle for your cave!

Tye

Last edited by Tye; 2 Dec 2004 at 21:42.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1170294)   #115
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Talking...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Flatline
It's interesting that Button has told The Guardian that he made a 'mistake' trying to sign with Williams. According to the article, Button said, "I did make some mistakes. I don't know the legal side of things so I just had to listen to what people had to say. I thought it was the correct thing to do, but obviously it wasn't. In my reasoning for moving I don't think I made a mistake, but in not talking to David myself I was misguided. Honda having a stake in the team is the best thing for BAR. It's huge for everyone working here. It makes us very excited about the coming years."

The article may be found here.
Button's only mistake was that he didn't talk to Richards about his desire to move to Williams. He has to be careful not to burn any bridges in this sport.

Tye