Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1182483)   #26
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The event looks like it is a great one. Over the coming years it should grow stronger and stronger with more interest. It should be a close battle in the first hour or so with the v8 of vicary and the good corner speeds of the BMW 320i of Searle and 360C of Simosen. Should add some good dicing to name a few. And we can't forget the Mirage battle down the back should add some more good racing for the fans there.
My question is There is going to be a very big difference in pitstop times. From the front runners with rattle guns to the back runners with out rattle guns. How much of a difference will this make in the race?
Old 19 Dec 2004, 06:00 (Ref:1182973)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1 Tony Quinn Porsche 228
2 Luke Searle Bmw 320i 224
3 Peter Vicary Ford Falcon El Mk Ii 214
4 Geoff Parker Holden Commodore 212
5 Adam Proctor Ford Mondeo 207
6 Peter Coles Porsche Gt3 206
7 Shane Brangwin Mitsubishi Mirage 206
8 Kean Booker Mitsubishi Mirage 202
9 Mal Rose Mitsubishi Mirage 202
10 Francois Jouy Mitsubishi Mirage Rs 202
11 David Capraro Alfa Romeo 156 Gta 196
12 Helen Stig Prb Clubman 191
13 Peter Leemhuis Mitsubishi Mirage 170
14 Neil Byers Mitsubishi Magna 150
15 Wayne Russell Bmw M Coupe 125
16 Allan Simonsen Ferrari Modena Challenge 79
Old 19 Dec 2004, 07:11 (Ref:1182981)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You missed out the codrivers Peckstar Unofficial timing, subject to change....

1 #8 K.Quinn/T.Quinn Porsche 911 GT3 CC 228 Laps
2 #30 T.Sheumack/L.Searle BMW 320i ST 224 Laps
3 #74 T.Wyhoon/P.Vicary/R.Ayton Ford Falcon EL2 V8S 214 Laps
4 #41 G.Parker/G.Kenneday Holden Commodore VY FT 212 Laps
5 #82 A.Proctor/P.Hibbard Ford Mondeo ST 207 Laps
6 #6 P.Coles/D.Giugni Porsche 911 GT3 MS 206 Laps
7 #45 S.Brangwin/D.Borg Mitsubishi Mirage RS 206 Laps
8 #69 K.Booker/R.Rinaldo Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
9 #44 I.Luff/M.Rose Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
10 #62 F.Jouy/M.Eddy/R.Luff Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
11 #32 D.Capraro/J.Milan Alfa Romeo 156 196 Laps
12 #3 H.Stig/L.Cave/J.Fox PRB Clubman MS 191 Laps
13 #28 P.Leemhuis/ Mitsubishi Mirage 170 Laps
DNF #40 N.Byers/A.Cantrell Mitsubishgi Magna FT 150 Laps (Transmission)
DNF #28 D.Russell/W.Russell BMW M Coupe 125 Laps (Rear Suspension)
DNF #10 A.Simonsen/E.Huglin Ferrari 360C 79 Laps (Engine/Transmission)

A good event.... with plenty to look at, despite the number of entries.

The race began with Mr Simonsen and Mr Wyhoon at the front of the grid, Mr Wyhoon in the Supercar revving the engine as if it were a standing start... except it was rolling...Mr Wyhoon promptly jumped the start by being in front of the polesitter (Simonsen) before the control line...

Mr Simonsen pushed hard in the early laps, followed closely by Mr Quinn in the Porsche. and Mr Sheumack's BMW 320i. The Ferrari had an extended stop to repair some engine difficulties in the garage, before sending car owner Mr Huglin out for a run. Mr Hughlin spun the car coming onto the front straight... eventually Mr Simonsen went out again, and the car regained its strong speed.... until gearbox and engine maladies returned, and the car was retired...

Meantime, Mr Quinn and Mr Wyhoon chased each other, significant pace coming from both these cars, with Mr Shuemack in able pursuit. Nobody else was really in the hunt at this stage....

At the first round of pitstops, Mr Wyhoon put Mr Vicary in the car. The car did not regain its previous pace with Mr Wyhoon at the wheel, and this car lost time to Mr Shuemack and Mr Quinn.... Mr Ayton later got in this car, and appeared quicker than Mr Vicary, but not at Mr Wyhoon's pace. For the last stints in this car, My Wyhoon took the controls... had an unscheduled pitstop after an off... and that driver pushed the car extremely hard to the end, unlapping himself from both Mr Quinn and Mr Searle...

Mr Sheumack and Mr Searle had an uneventful but very quick race. There didnt seem to be too many problems, both drivers quick in traffic, but the car lacked the ultimate speed of the Quinn Porsche. Mr Searle played hunter in his very last stint, taking back a lap from Mr Quinn, and challenging Mr Wyhoon to many a dice for track position, if not race position.

Mr Quinn and Mr Quinn seemed to do no wrong all day.... the car started with Klark at the wheel, and it was quick from the outset, not withstanding a spin coming onto the main straight without pressure... The speed was consistent from both drivers, with Mr T Quinn backing off (by only a second or so a lap) when half a dozen laps in front...

Other interesting things in the race... well Mr Coles had some problems with an errant wheel which wouldnt butt onto the hub correctly.... the Magna blew a tyre early but eventually succumbed to gearbox problems... and the Mirages kept on keeping on, eve that poor little #45 car that blew something in the exhaust, and the driver battled to keep a grunt-less car on the track and circulating to claim class honours (provisional)

All in all a good day of motor racing
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2004, 07:36 (Ref:1182990)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Alas, so did racetime

but i did help promote an event, that i had minimal interest in, in a different state and at a track ive never been too
Old 19 Dec 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1182991)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Luckily I was at the circuit, and with a memory better than the average, seemed to be able to put the pieces together
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1182998)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Unofficial timing, subject to change.... but adjusted for #45 - 7 lap penalty by order of the Stewards of the Meeting (Driver in excess of maximum driving time)

1 #8 K.Quinn/T.Quinn Porsche 911 GT3 CC 228 Laps
2 #30 T.Sheumack/L.Searle BMW 320i ST 224 Laps
3 #74 T.Wyhoon/P.Vicary/R.Ayton Ford Falcon EL2 V8S 214 Laps
4 #41 G.Parker/G.Kenneday Holden Commodore VY FT 212 Laps
5 #82 A.Proctor/P.Hibbard Ford Mondeo ST 207 Laps
6 #6 P.Coles/D.Giugni Porsche 911 GT3 MS 206 Laps
7 #69 K.Booker/R.Rinaldo Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
8 #44 I.Luff/M.Rose Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
9 #62 F.Jouy/M.Eddy/R.Luff Mitsubishi Mirage RS 202 Laps
10 #45 S.Brangwin/D.Borg Mitsubishi Mirage RS 199 Laps
11 #32 D.Capraro/J.Milan Alfa Romeo 156 196 Laps
12 #3 H.Stig/L.Cave/J.Fox PRB Clubman MS 191 Laps
13 #28 P.Leemhuis/ Mitsubishi Mirage 170 Laps
DNF #40 N.Byers/A.Cantrell Mitsubishgi Magna FT 150 Laps (Transmission)
DNF #28 D.Russell/W.Russell BMW M Coupe 125 Laps (Rear Suspension)
DNF #10 A.Simonsen/E.Huglin Ferrari 360C 79 Laps (Engine/Transmission)

I actually followed the #62 Mirage on the trailer part of the way home
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1183062)   #32
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended the meeting as well today. I found that the racing was close with gentlemen driving happening between all the classes. I thought that the SAE BMW 320i of Searle and Sheumack drove extremely well, driving the wheels of the car to make up the laps they had lost on the Quinn car. The Quinn car did what they had to do. Keep the flow going not getting into any trouble, consistently lapping at the same times and when the time came to push they pushed. They drove within their limits. Well done to the VIP Petfoods team.
The Vicary/Wyhoon/Ayton car drove very well in patches except when they were pushing and the ever occuring spin at the first corner and last corner, But i would like to give the Mirages a wrap for the race they had with between themselves. They raced extremely well not getting in the faster cars way and lapping very consistently.

Well done to all teams who participated in the Christmas Challenge 250 and the Rehydr8 500 ( Christmas 500).

Did anyone else see the Adam Proctor Caltex sponsered Nissian Primera Super Tourer? Was this a show car or is Adam Proctor a new entrant in the TCC?
Old 19 Dec 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1183067)   #33
super
Rookie

super should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, I was also there today for my first visit to Wakefield Park. It's a good, tight track that is basically up the side of a hill. Facilities were excellent, but with a small crowd were hardly tested. Hot, windy day. Loved the race, particularly the extent of the variety. You had Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Ford, Holden, Mitsubishi, Alfa Romeo and for the first time in this company since the Eastern Creek 12-Hour nine years ago, Prb Clubman. From the Super Touring point of view Luke Searle really turned it on when he was behind the wheel. Team Quinn might have been five laps in front with an hour to go but that didn't stop Luke from challenging and passing Tony to unlap himself. The other Super Tourer was the Mondeo that finished fifth driven well by Proctor and Hibbard. The Ferrari won the contest for the best looking car and second place went to a car that was on a trailer in the car park. That was Adam Proctor's Nissan Primera Super Tourer resplendent in the same Vortex paint scheme and number 98 as Russell Ingall run at the V8 Supercar grand final at Eastern Creek a few weeks ago. The commentators said a deal had been done for the 2005 ATCC season and if that's the case that's great news. Biggest surprise of the race had to be the performance all weekend of the Gulf Western Falcon. It was far quicker and more reliable than most people expected. Someone get Terry Wyhoon a drive in a V8 for the ATCC to really liven things up. Congratulations to the VIP Petfoods team, team Quinn was brilliant on the day.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1183426)   #34
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Way to go Porky Hibbard!
Old 20 Dec 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1183670)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by the man
Did anyone else see the Adam Proctor Caltex sponsered Nissian Primera Super Tourer? Was this a show car or is Adam Proctor a new entrant in the TCC?
The Primera is Mr Proctor's 2005 mount... a wag in the pits suggested it may have been substituted at some point for the previously unreliable Mondeo, but the car stayed in the paddock untouched.

On another issue entirely....
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Alas, so did racetime
It is my understanding that there was some administrative difficulty during the race weekend, especially regarding the entry list controlled by the race secretary. This was around which driver was officially in which car, which was composed in my list from a combination of seeing the driver's name on the windows, and knowing some drivers by sight... however an official entrant's list for the 500km race may not have been issued by the race secretary at all....

Sadly there was a similar problem in understanding who the starting driver was as well...

... luckily the timing system with the individual transponders seems to have that sorted out... including driver changes and the like...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1183760)   #36
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is my understanding that there was some administrative difficulty during the race weekend, especially regarding the entry list controlled by the race secretary. This was around which driver was officially in which car, which was composed in my list from a combination of seeing the driver's name on the windows, and knowing some drivers by sight... however an official entrant's list for the 500km race may not have been issued by the race secretary at all....
There is never usually an issue with entry lists at wakefield

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 20 Dec 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1183762)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Maybe I should have told the officials I was the 3rd driver in the Quinn Porsche...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1183850)   #38
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the forlorn hope of a snippet of pride from statistics...does anyone have fastest lap report...

Simonsen got pole, and retired from the lead..... I only THINK we have fastest lap.....

It wasn't engine GTR....Just electrics..... Alternator eventually, but TWO Electric F1 gear shift motors......
Old 20 Dec 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1184344)   #39
White Knight

Fastest race lap Quinn Porsche 1:02.6495, then Falcon 1:03.1102, Ferrari 1:03.1255, BMW 1:03.4989, Coles Porsche 1:05.6142, Mondeo 1:06.5295, PRB 1:07.4532, Parker Commodore 1:08.2338.

Old 22 Dec 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1185648)   #40
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the detailed reports guys, I'm sorry I missed the event. I'll try to rectify that next year.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1185665)   #41
BrettFrancis
Rookie

BrettFrancis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Fastest race lap Quinn Porsche 1:02.6495, then Falcon 1:03.1102, Ferrari 1:03.1255, BMW 1:03.4989, Coles Porsche 1:05.6142, Mondeo 1:06.5295, PRB 1:07.4532, Parker Commodore 1:08.2338.
And the most impressive thing is that Klark did that fastest time on the 5th lap of the race, with a very full tank of fuel.

The boy can drive....
Old 22 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1185839)   #42
White Knight

No argument there!!!!