Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1200948)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His reluctance to adapt his driving style to suit wht is happening at the time - eg when the car is oversteering, either live with it, or (even better) exploit it to your advantage - is either some sort of mental block or a lack of skill... either way it is far from ideal and way behind the kind of attitude guys like Montoya bring to job.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1202576)   #27
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Worn tyres + less rear downforce...DC better get used to it then!...Couple a cans of Red Bull should add the ole 'thousand yard stare'!
Old 16 Jan 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1202583)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, the last few Jaguar Racng cars had a reputation for being unkind to their rear tyres too (and each new car didn't seem to make much difference). Have they managed to solve that this year?
Old 16 Jan 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1202603)   #29
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DC's problem has never been his driving skill, but psychology. He's a sensitive chap who reads too much into things - he thinks too much.
I think that all drivers are like that. Convidence is king if you are going to be going into corners at 160kph. Being told to pull over because your boss loves your team mate more than you is more than a trivial thing.

I think that Hill was right in his comments.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1202621)   #30
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has been an interesting read. I wonder how Damon thinks JPM's role will pan out over the coming season and thereafter?

Just an observation you understand.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1202777)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm, depends. Ron obviously thinks alot of Kimi, but whether he thinks as much of Kimi as he did of Mika i'm not sure. The other thing is, JPM ain't DC, and i can only guess at JPM's reaction should Ron ask him to pull over for Kimi first time it is asked
Old 17 Jan 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1202958)   #32
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Perhaps so, but I always thought that Mika's bad luck was worse almost every year they raced. Especially in '97, '99 and possibly '01.
Definitely true of 1997 and, perhaps, '99 (which was pretty calamitous for all the main contenders!), but I'd have to check 2001 as it seemed to me the year that Mika's heart wasn't really in it. DC seemed to perform better than before, perhaps because of Mika's situation, but then couldn't challenge Schuey due to various silly things happening with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
His reluctance to adapt his driving style to suit wht is happening at the time - eg when the car is oversteering, either live with it, or (even better) exploit it to your advantage - is either some sort of mental block or a lack of skill... either way it is far from ideal and way behind the kind of attitude guys like Montoya bring to job.
That certainly seems to be DC's main limitation. As for Montoya, he might have a better appraoch as regards oversteer, but there are lots of things Montoya hasn't really convinced me about yet - such as his ability to sort a car out - which we know DC can do. Having said that, I think McLaren have made the right move - Kimi Vs JPM should be one of the joys of '05.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1202990)   #33
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya has the opposite problem, I agree - he drives around the car as he finds it, whereas DC usually cannot drive the car as he finds it and either makes the set up better or fails. McLaren seem to have Montoya's failings pretty well worked-out I have to say, and have even specifically stated that they know how to look after him and get the best out of him.