Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2005, 02:57 (Ref:1343446)   #26
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am eagerly anticipating how the new Williams aero package will go - I'm hoping it will put them up somewhere with the McLarens and Renaults.

I think McLaren and Renault will again be the cream ....... after that is anyone's guess.

I expect a mish-mash of Ferraris, Williams, Toyota and BAR.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 03:27 (Ref:1343452)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Word has it that Ferrari are asking the FIA if they can have one of the long corners "banked" as otherwise their tyres may prove to be unsuitable.
Too funny...I laughed my arse when I read this.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1343606)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one Martyn. Everyone knows that the circuit should be hastily adapted to the tyres. I blame the FIA.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1343688)   #29
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
They are building the banked corner now using old tyres, concrete blocks and stale bagettes as an edible SAFER barrier. Max designed it and the FIA Competition Committee are building it. BE was to help, but he has already left! Schumi Lite will test it by riding a bicycle into it backwards.

Thanks Martyn and Glen for putting this in the proper perspective!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1343703)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The thing is that Williams' problems aren't really aero related, its engine power they are lacking mainly, though im sure a new aero kit isn't going to harm their speed.

I also fear that Ferrari may have caught up with the rest of the pack, should be an interesting race...
Lets see if those new tyre warmers appear in more than one garage this weekend...
Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1343744)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Ferrari have new tyres this weekend don't they? Interesting to see how they work. Will they work more on the limit, giving a good qualifying lap but more marginal race wear? Or will status quo be resumed? I can't wait to see.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1343761)   #32
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A RACE this time, maybe?!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1344318)   #33
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect the Michelin teams to be a bit slower as Michelin will probably reinforce the side walls to make sure there's absolutely no possibility of being charged with unsafe designe. (They have Max coming at'em).

All in all, it will be a mix-up, scrap, fight, etc up monumental dimensions between Kimi, Schumi and Fernando. It will make up for the Snore-a-ton of Indianapoiis.

Old 30 Jun 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1344327)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well Ferrari have new tyres this weekend don't they?
Ferrari always have "new" tyres,they just don't seem to be any bloody good.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 02:24 (Ref:1344387)   #35
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm expecting to *see*
Fernando racing,
Alonso in Super Slow Motion,
Fernando Alonso's Pit Stop,
FA on the Grid ...

DKGandBH
Old 1 Jul 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1344390)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Ferrari always have "new" tyres,they just don't seem to be any bloody good.
Is that so, rubbish! no offence intended martyn
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1345855)   #37
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see a Ferrari win. Just seems better and Michael knows how to do a race, remember Canada picking up on the peices and could well be on a different fuel stratergy.