Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Aug 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1393554)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That just not fair TL, lucky I went prepered and looked at the weather forcast before leaving home on Friday. It's a long drive but IMO Knockhill is worth it.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1393614)   #27
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather forecast didn't have it down for driving rain and gail force winds! Before setting off it had it down for just a shower and several sunny intervals and even the night before it had it down for rain up until 12 and then it clearing....one word - ********!

Knockhill is a fantastic circuit and as has been said is more than worth the visit but like so many British circuits has to start making an effort to provide some kind of shelter for racing fans when the weather gets rough. A couple of cattle sheds is more than at some circuits but still isn't anywhere near good enough considering how packed they get.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1393625)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you know what? it actually costs the same to drive over to zandvoort, go to the beach, and it was also cheaper to see the dtm AND a f1 display.

i have sympathy for you all, but it was pretty manky at the f3/gt rounds at knockhill earlier in the year. nothing a massive brolly and a thick coat couldn't handle. these are the things we deal with to see racing.

oh and at zandvoort, there is no shelter apart from one grandstand on the main straight. it's also always windy, and when it rains, it's pretty unpleasent. in fact, oschersleben doesn't have a covered grandstand, and there's no escape from it at the norisring too. or spa. it's not just british tracks.

don't be such girls, as everyone else has said, it's knockhill, there's always guranteed rain
Old 29 Aug 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1393631)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
you know what? it actually costs the same to drive over to zandvoort, go to the beach, and it was also cheaper to see the dtm AND a f1 display.

Not for me, it was a 20 minute drive from my house and the tickets were free

If I had paid for it I would have stuck it out, but after a week of zero sleep pneumonia was the last thing I needed.

Motors TV was fine in the end anyway.

If that marks me out as an armchair fan rather than a die-hard racegoer, so be it
Old 29 Aug 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1393778)   #30
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to admit, if I was 20 mins from the track and hadn't paid £25 to get in I'd probably have went home too...
Old 29 Aug 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1393836)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I know the TOCA meetings are pretty crap nowadays, but... COME ON YOU PANSIES! What's up with you?! It's a bit of rain