Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kovalainen = Renault test driver for 2006

Amidst all these rumours, I hope the BBC is still a reliable source:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/1338

Congratulations! I have yet to see you racing. I, in fact, have no clue as to who you are, but I'am so happy about that news!

P.S. Those of you who like to insinuate the actual meaning and intent of my posts are, this time, right. This is not a thread about the taboo topic of this forum though. It is just the end of one more rumour.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1468670)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
You've obviously not seen my thread yet.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1468683)   #3
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Bugger! I will sue you for copyright infringement!

The mods may close this thread unless people truly want to discuss Kovalainein on this one while the boost it may cause to the JV fans may be discussed on the other.

I have the feeling Martyn's thread would then be more lively & popular than this one.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1468687)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
The mods may close this thread unless people truly want to discuss Kovalainein on this one while the boost it may cause to the JV fans may be discussed on the other.
A good idea. This one is about the Renault test driver, the other...
Old 23 Nov 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1468741)   #5
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Louis B, the BBC can't run a message board without it falling over every 20 minutes, so I wouldn't think they will be that accurate with this.
On another line, is that the correct way of spelling his name? I'm never sure
Old 23 Nov 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1468767)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
P.S. Those of you who like to insinuate the actual meaning and intent of my posts are, this time, right. This is not a thread about the taboo topic of this forum though. It is just the end of one more rumour.
Is there a taboo topic in this forum ?

Naked women or some of sort of fetish ?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1469629)   #7
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Is there a taboo topic in this forum?
Yes there is and the ultra-sensitiveness of some of us toward it exacerbate the problem.

Anyhow, If Renault will have Kovaleinen as test driver why did they keep Montagny for a few more tests? I guess the rumours about him going to BMW had some justifications but that Flavio intervened or that some negotiations between BMW and another did not go through. Hopefully we will know soon.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1469685)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideline
Louis B, the BBC can't run a message board without it falling over every 20 minutes, so I wouldn't think they will be that accurate with this.
On another line, is that the correct way of spelling his name? I'm never sure
Heikki Kovalainen.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1469690)   #9
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Heikki Kovalainen.
With an avatar such as yours, who would dare contradicting you?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1469747)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes there is and the ultra-sensitiveness of some of us toward it exacerbate the problem.
Oh, yes, Jv fans are ultra-sensitive.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1469748)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Louis, someone else who is always right, .
Old 25 Nov 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1469805)   #12
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Oh, yes, Jv fans are ultra-sensitive.
Please don't put those initials, someone else will ask that the thread be closed...

This thread is about HK and, so far, the only attention it got is for the spelling of his name...
Old 25 Nov 2005, 03:24 (Ref:1469824)   #13
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Let's try to of this thread.

What about Flavio's declaration that HK will most likely have a seat for 2007? Isn't it likely to be negatively perceived by Fisico?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 03:28 (Ref:1469826)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I don't suppose it will make him jump up and down with joy.

However, if we work on the basis of past form, it seems more likely Flav will get him a seat in another team first.

What RBR/STR?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1469854)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton

However, if we work on the basis of past form, it seems more likely Flav will get him a seat in another team first.

What RBR/STR?
Or BMW ?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1469946)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think that 2006 is make-or-break for Fisichella. There's no denying that he had a disappointing 2005, and if his form or luck don't dramatically improve, I think he'll be shown the cards at the end of next year and Kovalainen will step up from the test to the race team.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1469973)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I think that 2006 is make-or-break for Fisichella. There's no denying that he had a disappointing 2005, and if his form or luck don't dramatically improve, I think he'll be shown the cards at the end of next year and Kovalainen will step up from the test to the race team.
Fair point, Fizzi will have had 10 odd years in it- he really does need to register at least couple more wins next year even to stya in F1 i would say?

Kovalainen surely has a big future ahead of him?

We might even get a Finnish shoot out for the title in 2-3 years?!!
Old 25 Nov 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1470030)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't expect Renault to promote a driver with no race experience into the team, so Fisichella may have 2 years to impress - and that is assuming Alonso isn't lured away to Ferrari for 2007, in which case Giancarlo would probably be kept for continuity. It's a shame Heikki can't go straight into a race seat he deserves, but at least he can learn something next year. He's a great talent and should go far.