Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Dec 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1478144)   #176
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Victorian State Manager, he's about to step aside at the end of the year I'm told.

Pushed or leaving?
Old 6 Dec 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1478461)   #177
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Victorian State Manager, he's about to step aside at the end of the year I'm told.
IPL, i'm loving your work.

I'd better open the cage on the UC Enterprises, homing pigeons, and see what info they bring me back from Dandy Rd this morning........

The only worry is which brother (cousin, son-in-law, nephew, daughter, floor sweeper) will be his replacement......
Old 7 Dec 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1478638)   #178
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring Car Challenge photos for anyone who's interested in the racing side instead of the politics side

Click for the Gulf Western Touring Car Challenge from Eastern Creek
Old 7 Dec 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1478641)   #179
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great shot of leigh morans commodore, who would have thought, this guy was my history teacher about 14 years ago
Old 7 Dec 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1478728)   #180
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H
great shot of leigh morans commodore, who would have thought, this guy was my history teacher about 14 years ago

And a marvelous job he did there too.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1478781)   #181
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what u implying there pete :P hehehe
Old 7 Dec 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1478783)   #182
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Touring Car Challenge photos for anyone who's interested in the racing side instead of the politics side

Click for the Gulf Western Touring Car Challenge from Eastern Creek
Oooh looky, more watermarks
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Dec 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1478788)   #183
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey I have a question.... given that CAMS' previous policy has been for members of their executive, and indeed race promoters not being allowed to race....

... I am reminded that the President of CAMS was crowned APCC champion not so long ago.....

2 sets of rules again??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Dec 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1478856)   #184
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Oooh looky, less theft of a professional's work. He's not AVESCO.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1478886)   #185
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Sorry to disappoint you so much GTR. Maybe I should try building a business purely on the basis of giving away my product.....

Anyway, I hope the rest of you enjoyed the images. The remainder of the AMRS categories will be up soon.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1480119)   #186
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All.. Just a quick reminder, Dont miss Speedweek this Sunday.. Action from five (yes! FIVE) Categories from the Eastern Creek AMRS round. F4000, F3, TCC, Kingswoods and APCC. Great racing in all classes so dont miss it.

Usual time - 12pm Sunday on SBS then repeated about fifty times (its actually four, but still a lot) on Inside speed in coming weeks.

Dont miss it!

PS - We say it in the end credits, but also dont forget to watch Top Gear which premieres on Australian TV monday night at 730 on SBS (Replacing Mythbusters). It is an awesome show for anyone who likes cars or anyone who likes television. Show one (i think) features a (Vauxhall) Monaro vs a Jag and a Chrysler on a beach in Wales.

So cool!
Old 9 Dec 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1480224)   #187
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill

PS - We say it in the end credits, but also dont forget to watch Top Gear which premieres on Australian TV monday night at 730 on SBS (Replacing Mythbusters). It is an awesome show for anyone who likes cars or anyone who likes television. Show one (i think) features a (Vauxhall) Monaro vs a Jag and a Chrysler on a beach in Wales.

So cool!
So unfortunatly we are getting episodes that are over six months old here.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1480287)   #188
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oldies but goodies.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1480530)   #189
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the Gary Grant resignation, apparantly it's not on. I was told about this at a meeting last week by people who I felt should have known, and who work with Gary regularly, but at tonights CAMS Victorian State Awards Gary denied that he was going anywhere.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1481348)   #190
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
... but at tonights CAMS Victorian State Awards Gary denied that he was going anywhere.
Awww, that is a shame.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1483077)   #191
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the AMRS, who would like to see Group A/C on the programme. Perhaps with slightly amended rules, things like signage changes and updates to homologated equipment. By this I mean add a sign if a sponsor comes through with some money, but keep the original as close as possible to original. Allow updates, ie. if a car was originally homologated with butterfly injection, but later in the regsslide injection was homologated then allow it, etc.etc. but nothing that was ever outside the Group A/C rules for that model car.
I believe that if we allowed these sort of changes to the current CAMS Historic rules, we might just attract a major sponsor and larger fields.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1483373)   #192
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
Back to the AMRS, who would like to see Group A/C on the programme. Perhaps with slightly amended rules, things like signage changes and updates to homologated equipment. By this I mean add a sign if a sponsor comes through with some money, but keep the original as close as possible to original. Allow updates, ie. if a car was originally homologated with butterfly injection, but later in the regsslide injection was homologated then allow it, etc.etc. but nothing that was ever outside the Group A/C rules for that model car.
I believe that if we allowed these sort of changes to the current CAMS Historic rules, we might just attract a major sponsor and larger fields.
I for one would love to see Group A/C as part of the series.

Surely AASA are very flexible to this sort of thing aren't they?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1483429)   #193
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David - But now you are talking a sports sedan essentially as those watching the racing wouldn't know if the car was an original model, later variant or simply a bitsa running around.

And it has to be asked - how tightly woud this be policed (if at all?) - which means will there be any control over it?

Given previous commitments by the Touring Car Challenge group to lilmit vehicles eligible for the series only last half a season before it was thrown out the window, will this also happen here?

Personally - if they are going to start modifying existing categories like this, start calling them something else so that there isn't an confusion between the 'genuine' Group A/Group C cars and those that are being modified.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1483650)   #194
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sports sedans, just updated cars from the relevant category. M3s were allowed a 2.5 litre engine and slide injection in later years, if I could get hold of slide injection I'm proposing it be allowed to be used, but only on a model that was actually homologated with it. I don't want to see *******ised cars that are outside of what was actually homologated for the category but this might entice a few more people to bring their cars out. Of course it might not as well, but I just proposed it as a discussion topic. What about just some signage changes to original spec cars?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1483689)   #195
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The thing is though David, you could upspec your M3 to the Evolution II spec, with the spoilers, suspension, 18" wheels, 2.5L screamer engines, 6 speed Holinger gearboxes.... which would likely cost you more than you paid for your museum-friendly car in the first place
#CANCERSUCKS