Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1897639)   #151
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
i would be to if the brake pedal went to the floor he could't help it and i think his limp/inability to get over the fence was evidence of this, what happened to confidence and trust in your driver seems to be friction in the GRM camp, if i were Dean i would be very p*ssed off with Garry blaming me for something that wasn't my fault, could we see Dean either out of a drive in 08 or at another team hopefully it is the later if anything, but i think it is a bit early to speculate.
Personally i would be looking for somewhere else already. But Garry has always been like that, speaks hismind, he obviously looked at the data and it didn't show the no pedal, but it still could be either car or driver fault
A Happy Employee is a productive employee. Of course he'd still want to win/perform, but wheres the confidence in your team when they are saying things like that about you.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1897669)   #152
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too was most upset about Garry Roger's comments... The fact that he made those remarks after his driver reported a failure is even more disturbing.

And I don't care what the telemetry was indicating at the time!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1897677)   #153
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

OUCH!!!
Nice pic.

What side did you find this on?
I'm guessing not inet or V8 Supercar as the pic isn't tagged.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 18:21 (Ref:1897845)   #154
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
There were two extensive SC periods in the race, so it is not really that surprising. Should the run the full length and ditch one of the following races altogether?
It's not as simple as dropping a race off the end of the card. The meeting was the last round for the New Zealand domestic season...starting at an appropriate time to get the race finished may have been a better option. As it was the race director made no attempt to clean a pool of oil and other fluid off the track left there after Mr Morris came to grief. The fence was repaired after the race before the last (very exciting) NZV8 race.

One can only surmise driver safety comes second to TV schedules as it is.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 21:13 (Ref:1897993)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo6
Nice pic.

What side did you find this on?
I'm guessing not inet or V8 Supercar as the pic isn't tagged.

Front page of http://www.paulmorris.com.au/
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1898037)   #156
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all teams were advised "late" – while the drivers were under the pace car

Tander upset by shortened race > http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

HOLDEN hotshot Garth Tander said he was shocked when the final V8 Supercar race at Pukekohe Park Raceway was shortened due to TV commitments, potentially costing him the third round.

The scheduled 43-lap final race was condensed to 36 after Paul Morris rolled his Commodore on lap five and then Dean Canto hit the wall on lap 27. The crashes took time to clear, meaning the full 43 laps could not be finished before the designated finishing time of 3.45pm (AEST), established to cater to Channel 7's AFL broadcasting commitments.

The race was held under a pace car until one minute from time, leaving the drivers with one final lap to tussle for positions. Tander claimed he had no idea of the arrangement.

A V8 Supercars spokesman said all teams were advised "late" – while the drivers were under the pace car – that the race would finish at 3.45pm, and there was ample time to alert the drivers.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 00:05 (Ref:1898087)   #157
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctshirt
It's not as simple as dropping a race off the end of the card. The meeting was the last round for the New Zealand domestic season...starting at an appropriate time to get the race finished may have been a better option. As it was the race director made no attempt to clean a pool of oil and other fluid off the track left there after Mr Morris came to grief. The fence was repaired after the race before the last (very exciting) NZV8 race.

One can only surmise driver safety comes second to TV schedules as it is.
I was in no way suggesting they should drop the last race, quite the opposite. Leaving the oil on the track is pretty shocking, surely there was time to look after it during the car retrieval.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 03:28 (Ref:1898165)   #158
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
I too was most upset about Garry Roger's comments... The fact that he made those remarks after his driver reported a failure is even more disturbing.

And I don't care what the telemetry was indicating at the time!
the driver would know best as in a few cases telemetry has said different, IMO the driver should be believed over telemetry.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 05:36 (Ref:1898202)   #159
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
the driver would know best as in a few cases telemetry has said different, IMO the driver should be believed over telemetry.
Cause them humans never make mistakes.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 05:58 (Ref:1898212)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Presumably the team owner did not wish to acknowledge a component failure on his car.....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Apr 2007, 10:25 (Ref:1898385)   #161
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Cause them humans never make mistakes.
oh yes humans make mistakes but if you are so in confident and don't trust your drivers analisis until you can prove otherwise (not telemetry, examining the car), then come out with those comments, IMO those comments do nothing for the team letalone the driver to the public eye.
Old 10 May 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1910226)   #162
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Take a squiz Here and you could be excused for thinking most of the crashes were brake related....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 May 2007, 23:03 (Ref:1911944)   #163
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Great action,is it too early to start a BRING BACK PUKE campaign?
Old 13 May 2007, 07:34 (Ref:1912041)   #164
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Great action,is it too early to start a BRING BACK PUKE campaign?
I'll second that
Old 13 May 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1912210)   #165
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, that thought makes me SICK!
Old 14 May 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1912995)   #166
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
brink back puke and ruin next years planned holiday to NZ, hope not
Old 14 May 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1913011)   #167
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why not 2 rounds in NZ?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 May 2007, 04:56 (Ref:1913628)   #168
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Why not 2 rounds in NZ?
Yea one at the start of the season and one at the end, Hampton Downs being the second. Bring it on

http://www.hamptondowns.com/