Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jan 2002, 23:46 (Ref:193026)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Rubens????????????????

i have to say that i don't see what all the fuss is about rubens drives in monza and indy this season. in both races he was on (what should have been a faster) 2 stopper to everybody elses 1 stop. ok his engine blew up in indy, but jpm's did aswell (jpm would have won if it hadn't have been for that). i've got a feeling that rubens will be out of the ferrari drive for next year.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 23:59 (Ref:193031)   #2
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello is just good enough to be Schumacher's slave and will be at Ferrari for as long as Schumacher wants to have someone who is not going to give him any problems. Good servants are hard to find...LOL
Old 3 Jan 2002, 00:04 (Ref:193034)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i agree to a certain extent about the servant bit, but if tgf does retire at the end of 04 then ferrari have gotta start lookin at a replacement, and rubens ain't good enough to take over!! now, as i can't see sir frank allowing jpm to leave, rafe to ferrari??? sack willi and tgf take over as rafes manager??
Old 3 Jan 2002, 01:13 (Ref:193063)   #4
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens is a good driver, but he is no futur WC. It doesn't help much that he has #2 status at Ferrari, but generally I simply feel that he isn't good enough, as a driver, to ever beat his team-mate or challenge for the WC.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 10:45 (Ref:193139)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's obvious isn't it.....Jenson to Ferrari when TGF retires. Problem solved!
Old 3 Jan 2002, 11:42 (Ref:193159)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
jens to ferrari in 03 to get a years experience before taking over as no1 in 04???
Old 3 Jan 2002, 12:57 (Ref:193191)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Mr V, you have it in one...Next year learning the car, year after No1 status with someone like HHF as his dedicated No2?
Old 3 Jan 2002, 13:21 (Ref:193207)   #8
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
jens to ferrari in 03 to get a years experience before taking over as no1 in 04???
More experience ?... One year at Williams + two years at Benetton/Renault it's enough. If he wants a decent drive (e.g. Ferrari/Williams/McLaren) he has to perform well this coming year. And not to get more experience !
Old 3 Jan 2002, 13:30 (Ref:193214)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens will be gone after 2002, Todt is already hinting that. He asks more consistency from RB, and compares ( ) him to TGF.

I just wonder who's gonna be the next #2 there...
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:36 (Ref:193284)   #10
Old Hairpin
Racer

Old Hairpin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The two guys in the frame for Ferrari in the future are Villeneuve and Fisichella.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:40 (Ref:193285)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello will never be good enough for WDC. I think his form at Ferrari over the past two years - slave to TGF or not - is enough evidence for this.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:43 (Ref:193286)   #12
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I just wonder who's gonna be the next #2 there...

Let us all pray that it will be Luca...
Old 3 Jan 2002, 18:22 (Ref:193360)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which driver is the cutest and most desperate, who will take any orders he's given and slobber all over TGF's boots on cue ...

Um, it's probably Bunsen. Until TGF retires, and then it'll be All Change. When that day comes I'm voting for Trulli and Fisi. The Ferrari Field of Dreams.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 18:58 (Ref:193380)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RB is doing a REMARKABLE job as Ferrari's #2 driver !!!

WCC - Ferrari !
WDC - MS !
No conflict between RB and Montezemolo's Organization !

He is the perfect #2, so why looking for another #2 ?
Old 3 Jan 2002, 19:13 (Ref:193390)   #15
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubino is a spent force and should retire to CART IMO
Old 3 Jan 2002, 21:07 (Ref:193481)   #16
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf to Ferrari in 03 ....Jenson goes back to Williams alongside the the Mighty Montoya....Ralf has a learning year at Ferrari until TGF retires....Then he becomes his younger brother's adviser and Ferrari embassador!..
Old 3 Jan 2002, 21:11 (Ref:193487)   #17
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95
Ralf to Ferrari in 03 ....Jenson goes back to Williams alongside the the Mighty Montoya....Ralf has a learning year at Ferrari until TGF retires....Then he becomes his younger brother's adviser and Ferrari embassador!..
In my crystal ball I see little bro in 2003 buying out someone from his Arrows contract. A la HHF....LOL
Old 3 Jan 2002, 21:22 (Ref:193494)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, almost. I see TGF buying out someone's Arrows contract so Little Bro can have somewhere to drive.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 21:33 (Ref:193504)   #19
SILVERS95
Veteran

Or just buying Arrows !!!
Old 4 Jan 2002, 11:22 (Ref:193708)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TGF would more likely to buy Sauber !!!

And Liz, is completely right. For the good and bad, no other drive will change the current status at Ferrari, until TGF is gone. The next #2 should be in the same level or less than RB. And learn to shut up before he enters the team.

A hard choice.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 12:05 (Ref:193733)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
The next #2 should be in the same level or less than RB. And learn to shut up before he enters the team.

A hard choice.
Absolutely correct, Bon.

I have to admit that when he drove for Jordan, I was indifferent, when he drove for Stewart and seemed about to fulfill some Grand Promise, I cheered. At Ferrari, he has been inconsistent and his petulance following the imposition of Team Orders in Austria was undermined by his signing a huge contract less than two weeks later.

Whomever is in the second seat is irrelevant until TGF retires. Its a lot to ask of a man who thinks only of winning to step aside for a competitor.

I still think that Alesi would have been the perfect teammate. He would have accepted TGF"s role and would run a lot closer to him than RB can.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 13:50 (Ref:193785)   #22
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only difference between Rubens' standing in F1 and David Coulthard's... is that Michael Schumacher never has off days.

Actually, i think Rubens is better than Coulthard.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 14:15 (Ref:193794)   #23
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The difference between RB and DC is that RB couldn't even drive a nail, let alone a Ferrari F1.... Give Badoer or someone else a chance to sit in TGF's limelight...
Old 4 Jan 2002, 16:24 (Ref:193867)   #24
SILVERS95
Veteran

EERO,,,,,your right ...Alesi is probally the best person who could be Ferrari's no 2......as

he loves Ferrari

hes good friends with Micheal

he's at the right age where he's past proving himself all time

and he would always drive his nuts off regardless of whether he had to obey team orders or not......