Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: sprint round at Bathurst
yes it would be great. 11 36.67%
couldn't care if there was or wasn't. 2 6.67%
no wouldn't want it. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Jun 2007, 15:31 (Ref:1938557)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sprint round at Bathurst?

apologies if this has been discused before, delete if it has.

what would you think of a sprint round at Bathurst?

i think it would be good it would be good racing, i would certainly attend.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1938612)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They tried it in 1995 and 1996. The drivers didn't care for it, and neither really did the fans, the crowds weren't good, so it was done away with.

Could be an interesting idea for the BIMF though (Fujitsu Series at least), remembering that an ATCC round formed Easter Meeting at bathurst in the early 70s, but of couse V8s aren't interested in a 'shared billing', especially as the 12 Hour is the headline event.......

PS....pwr its 2am, what are you still doing up
Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1939190)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Fujitsu series round would be great, but would it give them 2 races at Bathurst in a year then?

The regular Bathurst weekend doesnt have enough on it now, to lose the Fujitsu series to another event will make it quite an empty program!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 00:51 (Ref:1939244)   #4
n.kuiper
Rookie

New Zealand
waiuku
n.kuiper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i dont think a sprint round at bathurst would be very good nobody would want to race their twice a year and i think it would take some of the shine of the 1000
Old 17 Jun 2007, 01:03 (Ref:1939251)   #5
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No leave it as is, Bathurst should stay like it is a once a year meeting.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 17 Jun 2007, 04:28 (Ref:1939366)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If we had a Bathurst sprint round, would they take the 1000 of the championship and make it non-points?

How can anyone complain the '95 and '96 rounds were no good... Gardner and Crompton taking each other out... 'Fido' trying his best to get run over on Skyline...

Ah, memories...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Jun 2007, 04:34 (Ref:1939372)   #7
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's one of the best tracks in the country. Why wouldn't we want to use it as many times as we can? I'd like to see a couple of 300km races for both series. 10 years on from the last attempt is long enough that you may find things have changed.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 05:00 (Ref:1939383)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
If we had a Bathurst sprint round, would they take the 1000 of the championship and make it non-points?

How can anyone complain the '95 and '96 rounds were no good... Gardner and Crompton taking each other out... 'Fido' trying his best to get run over on Skyline...

Ah, memories...
Memories? Wouldnt that have you at 6 years old at the time ?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 05:11 (Ref:1939391)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Joking mate, joking...

And besides, thinking about 10 years ago at my age makes me feel old...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Jun 2007, 06:14 (Ref:1939436)   #10
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would we want a race behind the safety car? It's sacred, keep it to a once a year 1,000km race. Amen
Old 17 Jun 2007, 06:19 (Ref:1939440)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think put Bathurst and Sandown as last rounds and don't have any championship points.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 07:16 (Ref:1939497)   #12
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
I think put Bathurst and Sandown as last rounds and don't have any championship points.
Thats what we used to have before T Cockhead decided to add them to the championship.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1939505)   #13
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro
Thats what we used to have before T Cockhead decided to add them to the championship.

Ah. The good old day's of Touring Car racing in Austraila before the money hungrey dictator came along.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:51 (Ref:1939686)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i say have a bathurst like Clipsal 2x 250 on the Saturday and Sunday in the championship and have Sandown in the championship and have the 1000 as a non-championship round as then we would use the great track in the championship have an enduro in the championship and have the 1000 great race out of the championship at the end of the season and then we won't have people saying settle for 2nd for the championship meaning we would have an out and out great race for the most prestiges trophey in australian motorsport history, and i have said for as long as i can remember the 1000 should have never been put in the championship.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1939967)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's sacred? I'm sorry I didn't realise it was sacred. In that case may be we shouldn't use it at all.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1940199)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the track is great (IMO best in Aus) but not sacred well maybe a few things about it are but not sacred enough not to use it, the 1000 race is the thing that is sacred at that track and it couldn't be hosted any where else and the prize you are racing for couldn't be more sacred "The Peter Brock Trophy".so as i posted above have the 1000 out of the c'ship and hold it at years end and replace it with a clipsal style race weekend at the track, and have Sandown as the championship enduro.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 17 Jun 2007 at 20:34.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:11 (Ref:1940397)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I attended the sprint round in '96 and had a great time. The crowd was a lot smaller and well behaved.

I'd rather race 6 times a year at Bathurst than 6 times a year on 6 different tracks.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 03:08 (Ref:1940436)   #18
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
It's sacred? I'm sorry I didn't realise it was sacred. In that case may be we shouldn't use it at all.
# Dedicated or devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose, or
# Worthy of respect.

That's what I was meaning
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:01 (Ref:1940465)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Of course it's not sacred, Tony told us nothing was sacred 10 years ago
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:03 (Ref:1940466)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I attended the sprint round in '96 and had a great time. The crowd was a lot smaller and well behaved.

I'd rather race 6 times a year at Bathurst than 6 times a year on 6 different tracks.
here here david , the 1000 is a great race/event and nothing could top it but to see the cars go round bathurst in a sprint round again would be good, i remember watching video of the 96 round yes the crowd was smaller but it was still great to see the cars go round the mountain in a sprint round format as i said before the clipsal format would be good here as it will be a fair distance with a single driver and multiple races on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
he told us lots of things 10 years ago and he was mostly right.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 18 Jun 2007 at 05:06.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:41 (Ref:1940479)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
It was a typo on the teleprompter... he meant "Scared"
#CANCERSUCKS