Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2007, 03:20 (Ref:1937411)   #76
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
And PVDA made sure they were kept in tip top condition for the whole race meeting, ironing out any radio problems.

Knackers is good with stuff like that.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1937415)   #77
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it ever actually clear that Tander was directing it at the Flag Marshals? Surely he'd be aware of the blue flag situation and was directing it at race control?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 03:31 (Ref:1937416)   #78
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
I have stayed out until the sun just about disappeared so the guest rides could happen.

The seafood roll a couple years ago at surfers was a little bit dicey at 7.00 am.

what have the romans done for us?

You have sun during sponsors rides? You lucky b*****d, you lucky, lucky b*****d.

Did you try the Thai Green Curry Chicken Roll at the 04 AGP? Some claimed the chook was off, but I recon it was all the larger consumed the night before. The funny smell in the food was corriander....something most marshals would never expect to find in trackside food.

The Aquaduct.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:25 (Ref:1937466)   #79
dmcl
Racer

dmcl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
You have sun during sponsors rides? You lucky b*****d, you lucky, lucky b*****d.

Did you try the Thai Green Curry Chicken Roll at the 04 AGP? Some claimed the chook was off, but I recon it was all the larger consumed the night before. The funny smell in the food was corriander....something most marshals would never expect to find in trackside food.

The Aquaduct.

and who will ever forget the famous egg-plant incident at Albert Park several years ago, most of the officials were heard muttering "what the......"
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1937475)   #80
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcl
and who will ever forget the famous egg-plant incident at Albert Park several years ago, most of the officials were heard muttering "what the......"

It was Friday and there was no meat in the roll. I liked the slices of char grilled aubergine with garlic and olive oil served with garden salad.

Very yummy.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 02:51 (Ref:1938096)   #81
dmcl
Racer

dmcl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
It was Friday and there was no meat in the roll. I liked the slices of char grilled aubergine with garlic and olive oil served with garden salad.

Very yummy.

For some reason I think it is time to mention the Friday Winton burgers on low key practice day, not mention the legendary Historic Winton lunch, one white, one brown, one will be ham and pickle, the other curried egg. And of course the ASSA State round with the hot dogs at lunchtime.

And of course, Joliet does a mean pepper steak, much better than the gruel at the Cook County slammer.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:47 (Ref:1938156)   #82
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Yes, The Hot Dog Round.

Funny how many marshals call the ASSA round of the Vic Champs "The Hot Dog" round.

But I feel we have drifted too far.....

Mate, have you seen that Dayglow HiViz Honda sports sedan? No need to blue flag for him. If you can't see that in your mirror, get out of the driver's seat. Perhaps Tander should visit Dean Camm's spray painter.

Last edited by MPA; 16 Jun 2007 at 06:50.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1940352)   #83
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seeing this has drifted off topic can we ever forgot "Ashley's" midnight curry" at the last of the Winton 24 Hour Enduro back in the mid 90's.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:36 (Ref:1940410)   #84
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was nice to some support from the Indy GP marshals in relation to our blue flag problem!! Might as well toss the things away... Yup.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 08:28 (Ref:1940552)   #85
Fig Jam
Rookie

Fig Jam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Was it ever actually clear that Tander was directing it at the Flag Marshals? Surely he'd be aware of the blue flag situation and was directing it at race control?
In my orpinion he was just venting at the lack of blue flags, he didn't say anything about the flaggies OR the call from upstairs, I have watched his comments a couple of times.

I don't why the flaggies are getting upset, it wasn't directed straight at them.

Last edited by Fig Jam; 18 Jun 2007 at 08:32.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1941149)   #86
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They're getting upset because they know the general public won't know it wasn't directed at them, and will blame the marshals for something that was beyond their control. You only have to read some of the comments in this thread to see that (and it's reasonable to assume that people who join a motorsport forum are likely to be more knowledgeable than the more casual viewer).
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1941524)   #87
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam
In my orpinion he was just venting at the lack of blue flags, he didn't say anything about the flaggies OR the call from upstairs, I have watched his comments a couple of times.

I don't why the flaggies are getting upset, it wasn't directed straight at them.
Obviously you came in late. The uneducated throughtout the land lamblasted the marshalls. They probably grabbed one to many VB's,
and thought , we should blame the marshalls. So it went on. All we have done is point theses people into the right direction.