Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 18 Jul 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1966534)   #26
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely agree about much of the motorsport clothing being far too expensive. I tend to try and pick up bargains either at meetings (rare) or at Autosport when they're selling off last years stuff.

Got a couple of identical Jaguar t-shirts. Think the first one cost me about a tenner, and then I bought another one for £5 the next year because I so liked the quality/design.

Also got a Williams and a Stewart t-shirt. Am pretty sure they were 3 for £20 at Autosport in about 1997 or 1998, so went halfs with my Dad (needless to say I got 2, he got 1 ).

Like a few other people I've got an Orange Arrows fleece, was being sold off at the DTM at Donington, so think that was about £15.

As for non-F1, have got some great Subaru stuff. My Dad bought me a t-shirt and a satchel/bag from Demon Tweeks in 1997 and both are still used regularly today. He got a polo and still wears that now...needless to say gotta get maximum use from them, as Subaru stuff seems to be ALOT more expensive now

Oh and then got an HM Plant Honda shirt for £20 at the Oulton BSB last May - very good quality top - and a Crescent Suzuki polo for £15 at the MotoGP last month, again good quality, smart and about what I'd expect/be willing to pay for motorsport merchandise. F1 teams, I'm afraid I'll just buy other stuff cheaper than pay your extortionate prices, then again plenty of people will and do.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1966623)   #27
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personally see no point in buying merchandise clothing of teams that are dead or the stuff was from last decade...
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1966803)   #28
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While at the British GP I saw some Skyker team wear. As I thought it was a bit expensive I thought I'd have a look on their website......but I can't find one!!!
can anybody help???
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1966938)   #29
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.spykerf1.com/ I have not searched the site trying to find the exact location. I nearly did, but then didn't.

I have a Ferrari flag, cap, and mug.

All of these have been paid for by someone else.

I would never pay what is asked. If other people want to buy it for me, then, sure, why not? If I am paying for it, then it will have to be going for 2 bucks in a thrift store (or something).

The mug is the only thing that comes close to use in everyday life (even that is quite occasional [to small to qualify as a regular-use mug]).

I am not overly keen on being an advertising billboard either (although I don't mind doing that with ten-tenths stuff), which is the other major motivation against purchasing team merchandise.

Last edited by Dutton; 18 Jul 2007 at 21:36.
Old 19 Jul 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1967404)   #30
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Dutton,
It makes me look so stupid as the e-mail address seems so logical. I must have tried everything but..
Oh well, get the credit card out. As a marshal, welove orange!!
Old 19 Jul 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1967717)   #31
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Looking at the latest speedgear catalog some of the T-shirts are going for $72. Uh sorry I am not spending that on a t-shirt. $20, or $25 maybe but $72?
Crazy prices aren't they...

I went to the Indy 500 this year and the merchandise is so cheap compared to F1 stuff. Trouble is a lot of it looks very low quality with garish colour schemes. I actually got a nice smart & subtle Indy tee shirt from eBay - brand new and a real bargain!
Old 20 Jul 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1968231)   #32
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only time I bought an F1 shirt was a Ferrari T-Shirt for $120 Aussie dollars at the track in 2005. It gets worn maybe 3-4 times a year but I like it, this year the equivelant was $175 or something...stuff that. Whilst I was walking through the merchandise tent there was one bloke in front of me buying clothing and other accesories, I overheard the women say 'that's $635 sir' (no im not joking) - I was stunned and headed straight outside. I can buy my racing category rain jacket for $90! It is getting out of control and I think something needs to be done, but I guess while there are people who spend the cash it wont happen.