Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 3 Oct 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2030009)   #1
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1950 Formula 1 season

As the first stage of a major expansion of OldRacingcars.com into the 1950s and even, maybe, the 1940s, I've published today the full results of the 1950 F1 season.

http://www.oldracingcars.com/f1/1950/

We're by no means the first site to do this of course but ORC's focus, as in our work on F2, F5000 and F/Atlantic, is to identify the individual cars as well as possible. So you will find that the results are accompanied by notes on the cars, giving as full a record of their later lives as we can.

10 Tenths, through its Chassis Archive in particular, plays an increasing role in the collation (and correction) of this sort of information and I hope some of you will be able to amend and expand what we've done so far.

Allen
Old 4 Oct 2007, 16:16 (Ref:2031028)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
As the first stage of a major expansion of OldRacingcars.com into the 1950s and even, maybe, the 1940s, I've published today the full results of the 1950 F1 season.

http://www.oldracingcars.com/f1/1950/

We're by no means the first site to do this of course but ORC's focus, as in our work on F2, F5000 and F/Atlantic, is to identify the individual cars as well as possible. So you will find that the results are accompanied by notes on the cars, giving as full a record of their later lives as we can.
This is a very welcome development, Allen. Great stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
10 Tenths, through its Chassis Archive in particular, plays an increasing role in the collation (and correction) of this sort of information and I hope some of you will be able to amend and expand what we've done so far.

Allen
Yes, absolutely; I second that. Some more of the earlier cars on there would not go amiss, so I encourage anybody with such information to join us in the archive, and tell us what they know!
Old 26 Oct 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2052277)   #3
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I appreciate the period around the late 1940s and early 1950s isn't 10 Tenths' main area of interest but I thought you may be interested to know that the second part of OldRacingcars.com's new venture has now been published: the full results of the 1951 F1 season.

http://www.oldracingcars.com/f1/1951/

Once again, the main focus is to document the cars and there are extensive footnotes on the Maseratis, Ferraris, HWMs, Talbots, Gordinis, Altas, ERAs and others. We aim to record the history of each car right up to the present day and I'm surprised how far we've got so quickly.

If anyone sees cars from this era at historic/vintage meetings, do please keep us up-to-date with changes in ownership and post up some pictures.

Allen