Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2055938)   #1
Blue Brazil
Rookie

Blue Brazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Moore, 22nd June 1975 - 31st October 1999

Hello all. This is my first post here so be gentle. I just realised that when I joined today it coincided with the eighth anniversary od Greg's death. I used to follow American open-wheel racing avidly during the '90s but much of my passion for it went after Fontana in 1999. A great racing driver and possibly an even greater human being. Racing could do with more like him.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 16:56 (Ref:2056018)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A truly bittersweet day. The title victory I was so desperate to see (and got) was desperately overshadowed by this horrific and sad accident.

Greg will never be forgotten. A racer of tremendous spirit and guts and a really nice person too it seemed. A definite future champion was taken away from us that day.

RIP Greg.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2056154)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A great driver. My son and I were fans of his, and were watching the race on TV and the sheer violence of that accident made us unusually fearful of the outcome and tragically those fears were realised. Very traumatic and very sad.

RIP Greg
Old 31 Oct 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2056207)   #4
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been thinking about you today Greg, as I do every Halloween.

God bless.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:16 (Ref:2056306)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Greg was such a fantastic racer just like Zanardi in the CART era. It was so sad that he died as he was so awesome and I'm sure he would have had a lot of success at penske the next year!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 22:03 (Ref:2056355)   #6
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People say Halloween is meant to be a celebration. To me it will never be again.

RIP Greg
Old 2 Nov 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2057618)   #7
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow 8 years! I had forgotten but oh how I remember. It was another terrible time in motor racing history. Boy it was great watching him race. I remember him, can't remember what race it was though, when Alex Tagliani(iirc) (his team mate) parked on top of him coming out of a right hander. I thought that was a bit close but I'll never forget that last race. I still have it somewhere on tape and I know I'll never watch it again.

R.I.P. Greg and Gonzo
Old 4 Nov 2007, 22:22 (Ref:2059645)   #8
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time indeed goes by fast, but it's good to know Greg is not forgotten.

Since the 1996 season I've been a fan of him. As a rookie he was great and the way he drove was amazing to watch. I've never had the pleasure of seeing him race in real life but I will never forget watching Eurosport and seeing him get his first win at Milwaukee (and then Detroit).

Now, looking through internet forums and motorsport websites I realise how loved he really was. And how many people picked him as their favorite driver. It's amazing that in such a short time stamp he left such a big impression on so many people.