Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 4 Nov 2007, 19:51 (Ref:2059519)   #26
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the info on that one folks. I guess the kitchen cooker isn't going to be quite up to that Datto, and machining/grinding sounds like it won't last much longer.....

Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to Hi-spec I go... again!
Old 20 Nov 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2071889)   #27
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not the heat that warps, It's the rapid cooling of very hot disk. More warping would result on a cool day, in racing. The same problem that vehicles have when they have towed heavy loads down out of the mountains then cruise the flat freeway.

Last edited by norman-normal; 20 Nov 2007 at 18:34.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 00:02 (Ref:2072113)   #28
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GO TO www.stoptech.com warped brakedisc.Explodes myth of "warping".
Old 21 Nov 2007, 05:14 (Ref:2072234)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is interesting in the V8Supercar world at the moment, with the control brake rotor causing no end of problems to some teams, and no problems to others.

Chat with those in the know... suggests that if you ignore the Alcon distributor's rotor/pad bedding in recommendation, and run them in on a modified lathe... the materials eventually learn to love one another and the on-car braking performance is as per design specification.

It is said that one of the team principals chopped up one of the rotors to send off for analysis... to discover what metals are in it... hasnt returned from the lab yet...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2007, 08:26 (Ref:2072279)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also Cryogenic treatment,I ran a pair of so treated disc's for two hard season's,excellent braking using Hawk pad's.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2072295)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It would also be interesting to find out who has more problems than others.
IE front runners or tail enders, obviously you could only do that in a one make controlled situation. I personally will brake hard at the last moment, but the car is light and easy to control and you can take liberties with it. A Set of rotors easily used to last a season or two if I was doing short clubbies, but most I do now are up to an hour long. I never get any brake fade but as I said before I do get warping problems , but luckily the dreaded "shake" only manifests itself at "very" low speeds and normally on the slowing down lap.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Nov 2007, 10:03 (Ref:2072339)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've alway's been easy on braking,do tend to leave it pretty late though,the 2 season's use was all enduro's including 4 on the Nurburgring,3 Spa[1, 2hr]2,6hrs].I only changed them after discovering that V8 disc's had been fitted!.As far as I know they are still in service,got a part-ex deal on a new "Proper" pair +wheel bearing's etc.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2072538)   #33
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
GO TO www.stoptech.com warped brakedisc.Explodes myth of "warping".
Bingo we have a winner.

Braking latter and harder is better on equipmnet then brake sooner and longer.