Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Feb 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2138607)   #26
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tour
I must say that I live by Brands Hatch and those Touring Cars can be awfully loud! Dont worry I am only joking but that is the kind of thing some of the ***** say round here.

I totally agree it is a joke that BTCC and DTM are not on the GP Circuit. One of the greatest circuits on earth and it is not used nearly enough. I can understand F3/GT getting the nod though with the restrictions as they are just awful on the Indy circuit, at least the BTCC boys can bump and grind wherever it is.

The Rocks idea was a good one (one small problem - hardly any racing!) , I moved so I could get close to Brands!
The Tour,
I believe it was DTM's decision to use the the Indy circuit because, apparently they wanted the spectators close together to form an "Arena".
Old 26 Feb 2008, 18:45 (Ref:2138611)   #27
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
I believe it was DTM's decision to use the the Indy circuit because, apparently they wanted the spectators close together to form an "Arena".
Another way to say that would be "the 2 guys standing in the pits deciding who may pass whom cant see all the track and issue orders if they race on the loger course"
Old 28 Feb 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2139948)   #28
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonful
[I]
Why do they need to have a test day, do the A1GP or WTCC have a test day before their meeting. I just don't understand this dependance upon testing, as long as its the same for everyone?
A1GP does, and while WTCC doesn't (because it has free practice on the saturday or race weekend), its support races do.

All of these championships run under licence, and it is usually a condition of those licences that drivers don't go straight into qualifying, in many cases having never driven on that particular circuit before.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2143598)   #29
tonful
Rookie

England
Enfield
tonful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks fo your answer sceptic, you learn something everyday.

When was the decision taken not to run on the GP loop taken as an interview with JP was shown on this weeks World of Motorsport and he said BTCC is on the GP loop. Obviously this could have been recorded some time ago.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2143673)   #30
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess that interview was filmed at the MSV media day, which was several weeks ago.