Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jun 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2239225)   #1
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morbidelli!

Gianni Morbidelli was impressed with the V8's when he saw them at Bahrain and wouldn't mind testing or racing one. He's racing similiar cars in Italy and doing very well so maybe he'd be a bit better suited for the Aussie giants than most other internationals....

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2434
Old 28 Jun 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2239238)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its definitely a different way to ask for a drive... to tell the media you want a drive.. and hope a team picks up the phone....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Jun 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2239262)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given that he's done the business in BTCC, WTCC, GT and other tintop series there's no reason he couldn't go to V8 Supercars.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 05:20 (Ref:2239530)   #4
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No thanks, I saw him try the business in BTCC and he crashed every 2nd race didn't he?
Old 29 Jun 2008, 06:34 (Ref:2239537)   #5
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone ought to get him a drive in the Fujitsu's at Oran Park this year..... Morbidelli vs Earnhart - grab the attention of Europe and the US in one weekend.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2239548)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033
No thanks, I saw him try the business in BTCC and he crashed every 2nd race didn't he?
Didn't do much in the WTCC either.

He's doing well in the Superstars Series in Italy though (think V8Supercars with more makes, abit more production based, there's even a VE running badged as a Chevrolet Lumina)
Old 29 Jun 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2239553)   #7
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember him getting a FOOTWORK of all things on the podium in Adelaide '95, that's not much to go on though.

Morbidelli driving in the V8 Supercars could possibly start a trend of other European drivers coming to Oz and racing our PROPER V8s, like Winslow, Clucas and an Italian guy called Marco Mapelli in the Aus. F3 Championship.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2239623)   #8
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The world is full of racing drivers a little past their useby date who would like to earn a few retirement $ soaking up the Australian sun, living on the Gold Coast, and cruising around a race track every now and then. But we dont need them (did anyone say Max ...) theyre nothing special (did someone say Max ....). PS Jimmy M this was first reported in Motorsport eNews nearly 2 weeks ago
Old 29 Jun 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2240112)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Didn't do much in the WTCC either.

He's doing well in the Superstars Series in Italy though (think V8Supercars with more makes, abit more production based, there's even a VE running badged as a Chevrolet Lumina)
I saw a Superstars race from earlier this year. Not bad with the racing similar to the DTM from late 80's early 90's. But a small field(14 cars) with half the field with totally uncompetitive or undeveloped cars. The Audi team is one of the few that has their act together. He's definitely a big fish in a small pond there.

He's been wildly inconsistent in touring cars. He's had some success with Alfa and BMW and has failed with Volvo and others. I don't think he has enough in the can to have a team owner pick him up sight unseen, but I'm sure if he started knocking on doors and doing the hard yards then he might get a chance. However I don't see that happening.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2240144)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TilkeWannabe
I remember him getting a FOOTWORK of all things on the podium in Adelaide '95, that's not much to go on though.
Not much to go on, he was 2 laps down & only about 7 cars finished
Old 30 Jun 2008, 06:37 (Ref:2240187)   #11
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe.....notso good.
Old 4 Jul 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2243553)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
talented driver I feel and it would be good to see him have a go.

usually lumped with uncompetitive cars (especially in F1) but has done pretty well and i'd like to see him habve a go anyway
Old 5 Jul 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2244344)   #13
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all his credentials how old is the guy he's got to be mid to late 30's - why would you hire someone this late in their career when there are younger prospects out there??
Old 5 Jul 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2244558)   #14
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carter
For all his credentials how old is the guy he's got to be mid to late 30's - why would you hire someone this late in their career when there are younger prospects out there??
And faster