Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Sep 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2280013)   #51
morwenna
Racer

morwenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on post 10 as well, which means I must know 2 of you - think I've got it sussed out.....

I really enjoyed the weekend, practice sessions on Friday were a little long (I remember loving them as a spectator though), but the racing was really good. I especially enjoyed the Polos, which was the biggest surprise for me because I expected the opposite! A little quiet (as in nothing to do), but good company on post, and a great weekend.

Hopefully it will be back at Brands next year.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2280067)   #52
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhurst1234
A great day on Post 23. Many thanks to the guys on post 23 for making it a great weekend.
Glad you enjoyed the meeting, and welcome to ten tenths.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2280191)   #53
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Bryan Degerlund] Fortunately for White Flag Man the DTM grid girls were of hardier stock than those at WTCC, so his stand-in services were not required, although he assured me he had his fishnet tights on, ready.

Just glad I didn't have to wear the yellow shorts, what a sight that would have been.
Must say I enjoyed the weekend. I'm glad I've seen the DTMs and they are certainly impressive. Friday was a bit of a yawn, even on post 4a, but Saturday/Sunday on post was OK, especially looking at lots and lots of girls
Polos weren't as eventful as expected (apart from the guy who came back on from the grass at 90 degrees to the track at the exit of Clearways ??!!), but at least we had the pick-ups. God bless the pick-ups.
Thanks to all the guys on 24, hope your eyesights have returned by now.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2280396)   #54
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you all......

further to Bryan's "thank you" can I add mine to the pits and startline crew who helped us make sure it all ran as smoothly as the Germans would wish

DS will undoubtably be passing his thanks on later, but I know that he and all in Race Control were very pleased with the smooth running of the meeting - and we finished early on Sunday

I know the camera-car and taxi-rides were a bit of a pain, but at the end of the day I think that everyone went away happy.

(As most of you know) I love DTM...but I have to say that the Pickups put on the best races - especially their first one - so well done them

Roll on 2009

But don't care.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 23:07 (Ref:2280495)   #55
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
but I have to say that the Pickups put on the best races - especially their first one - so well done them
For more PuT entertainment they'll be at the Dunlop Great and British meeting at Rockingham 27/28th Sept.