Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 May 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2463615)   #26
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Trac Mon never fails. Had a decent day today, the weather was unreal.
One minute glorious sunshine, the next rain...sideways.

Massive thanks to MSVR for their prize, I didn't win it but I know who did and he is very very chuffed, don't think he'll sleep until he collects it.

And massive thanks too, to the Lotus guys and gals, mega raffle fund again and the thumbs off every single driver on the slow down lap, that is worth a raffle win any day. Thankyou!! It really does make a Marshals' day.
Old 17 May 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2464060)   #27
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those who were outside all day really deserve a medal....I struggled to stand upright in the Paddock, well done to you all, it was a good days racing, the Speed race really has potential if only they could raise some more cars.
Old 17 May 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2464078)   #28
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
bickers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anybody tell me the results for speed,I can't seem to get them up on tsl.I think there will certainly be more cars turning up through the year,we certainly will be!
Old 17 May 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2464106)   #29
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great day yesterday but as said the weather was unreal! The wind was so strong! First time i've had to call for a safety car so I could get out to move recticell off the track (and I was driving the fire car!). Thanks to MSVR for the raffle prize (and no, I didn't win it. Cars tend to break down when I win fast laps! ) but I did win £10 thanks to the Lotus drivers

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 18 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2464413)   #30
Saucy
Rookie

England
Ynws Mon/Anglesey
Saucy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Praise be to Terry for building us those huts to take shelter in. Without them I think it would of been almost impossible to hear anything on the radio's with the weather being the way it was
Old 20 May 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2465976)   #31
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bickers View Post
Can anybody tell me the results for speed,I can't seem to get them up on tsl.I think there will certainly be more cars turning up through the year,we certainly will be!
it's here ..... http://www.tsl-timing.com/msvr/2009/92051.pdf

But don't care.
Old 21 May 2009, 06:19 (Ref:2466160)   #32
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sorry, but why is SPEED being allowed to continue. 10 cars for a 4 hour race?

This series should amalgamate with the BRSCC run Open Sports Cars Series, together they would make a much better Sports Car race.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2466174)   #33
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I am sorry, but why is SPEED being allowed to continue. 10 cars for a 4 hour race?

This series should amalgamate with the BRSCC run Open Sports Cars Series, together they would make a much better Sports Car race.
Presumably they are paying pro rata for their track time, so there's no overriding reason for organisers to change it; not that I agree with it.
Old 21 May 2009, 07:19 (Ref:2466185)   #34
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
Presumably they are paying pro rata for their track time, so there's no overriding reason for organisers to change it; not that I agree with it.
I am sure you are right but 10 cars for 4 hours will not promote the series or encourage marshals to attend later meetings in the series. Personally i thought the races I saw last year were far far too long and boring for fragile cars. Will I marshal for them this year? I doubt it, unless the grids improve significantly!
Old 21 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2466734)   #35
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I am sure you are right but 10 cars for 4 hours will not promote the series or encourage marshals to attend later meetings in the series. Personally i thought the races I saw last year were far far too long and boring for fragile cars. Will I marshal for them this year? I doubt it, unless the grids improve significantly!
OK, so only 10 cars started (well actually it was 11, but one only did the 1st lap due to terminal gear-box problems), but 8 finished, which at my maths is 80% so not bad for the "fragile cars" and....... I thought they were entertaining, especially in the pits!

Donington f-ing up their track licence didn't help things, then others for whatever reason decided not to turn up. Trust me the series is strong, and there are more cars in the wings...

But don't care.
Old 21 May 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2466743)   #36
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
Trust me the series is strong, and there are more cars in the wings...
That phrase sounds SOOOOOOOO familiar, but I can't quite place it!
Old 21 May 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2466785)   #37
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
It sounds just as strong as last year!!!!!

As I have said earlier, it's not for me and I enjoy sports car racing.
Old 22 May 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2466878)   #38
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
OK, so only 10 cars started (well actually it was 11, but one only did the 1st lap due to terminal gear-box problems), but 8 finished, which at my maths is 80% so not bad for the "fragile cars" and....... I thought they were entertaining, especially in the pits!

Donington f-ing up their track licence didn't help things, then others for whatever reason decided not to turn up. Trust me the series is strong, and there are more cars in the wings...
It's Groundhog day!
Old 22 May 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2467089)   #39
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
It's Groundhog day!
Yeh, I know, you've heard it all before ... lets see what happens at the next round - at Spa!

But don't care.
Old 27 May 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2470270)   #40
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Those who were outside all day really deserve a medal....I struggled to stand upright in the Paddock, well done to you all, it was a good days racing, the Speed race really has potential if only they could raise some more cars.
Thanks Piglet but holding on to Rod (cheif Flags) to stop him blowing away was not fun and at the same time hold the SC board up made life a little interesting on the wall and yes it was a long way down when I jumped over to help push a stalled car...
Old 28 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2471038)   #41
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
bickers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look at the entry for spa folks,plenty there,personally I feel that angelsey is a bad choice of circuit to go to.No matter how great it is as a circuit it's still miles away with no garages and usually bad weather.Open sportscar series and Speed are two entirely different things,open sportscar is 20 min races and with no disrespect to anybody involved is more of a clubbie championship.It's great I've been and watched it,great racing with some nice cars but totally different to Speed.
We need to watch Speed grow in to the great series that in can be.