Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2002, 11:59 (Ref:249781)   #26
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AARRGGGHHHHH - stop it... you're all making me really jealous now!!! Can't wait til the highlights next Saturday - lets hope they don't cut too much out.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:24 (Ref:249828)   #27
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you saw the mess the cars made of the top of Druids, you'd know why there was a safety car out. Paul O'Neill's shunt was a big one, and a safety car period was justified to get him and the car well out of the way. I also hope Spencer Marsh is OK - his shunt looked like a very big one too. I'd rather they safety car came round and cleared cars to safe areas than not have the safety car period and have someone else going off at the same place and hitting a stranded car. Plus having a field of cars tearing round makes it near impossible for marshalls and medical personnel to do their jobs thoroughly and in the safety that they deserve.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:29 (Ref:249834)   #28
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and the whole day's racing was fabulous Thanks to the rest of the B&Qsi for making it such a fantastic time And also cheers to Jim for flashing his headlights at us - what happened in the feature? Team B&Q can be proud of 4th in the production class in the sprint race. The GTs were impressive (hugely impressed with Simon Pullan's drive in the T VR - nice one!), the Clios were great fun as usual, and ... well, it wasn't as good as it sounded - it was much better!!
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:29 (Ref:249835)   #29
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ditto

A car hitting another car is far worse than a car hitting a wall of tyres.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:40 (Ref:249850)   #30
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
...A car hitting another car is far worse than a car hitting a wall of tyres.
I fully agree, my point is that Toca seem to put the safet car out to eliminate any sufficient lead a driver makes. Not only that, but the driver of the saety car almost CAUSED further incidents by speeding upto Druids the slaming the brakes on, there-by causing the following cars to have to take avoiding action.

I have been racing for many years and I understand the need for a safety car, but lets use it properly and not as a "lets close the cars up" measure.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:50 (Ref:249863)   #31
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you tell us which safety car period you are referring to? everytime I saw the safety car out, it was necessary and "proper" to do so.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:59 (Ref:249874)   #32
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
but the driver of the saety car almost CAUSED further incidents by speeding upto Druids the slaming the brakes on, there-by causing the following cars to have to take avoiding action.
IMO there should have been a red flag here, simply because the drivers were having to go so slowly through Druids, there were certainly a couple of close shaves as nearly half the field had to stop, and after they had passed I saw one marshall remove what I think was a large piece of debris from the middle of the track.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 13:01 (Ref:249876)   #33
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not refering to any specific incident from yeasterday, I was not in a position to see so I can't comment. The point I'm trying to make is that in the past the safety car has been deployed when a driver has pulled off onto the trackside and is in a safe position, however, Toca use this as an excuse for closing the cars up.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 14:57 (Ref:249964)   #34
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what you are saying is that you will "comment" that TOCA are willing to manipulate the race, yet you can't comment as you didn't see what happened yesterday.Hmmmm...now I'm confused. Seems that Westie has a lot more power than I thought..he now dictates when the safety car comes out. All I can comment is that I bet that the many marshalls who make racing possible are glad that you aren't deciding when to deploy the safety car.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 16:34 (Ref:250063)   #35
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by the king
All I can comment is that I bet that the many marshalls who make racing possible are glad that you aren't deciding when to deploy the safety car.
I am a marshall, you are twisting my words to suit your needs. My point that you are missing, is that in that past the safety car seems to have been deployed for the oddest of reasons, so unless the observer on the marshalls post has called for an intervention, it seems to be deployed to pull the cars together.

I have made my point now, can you understand where I am coming from? I was not questioning yesterdays deployment, I didnot see the incidents, so I will not comment on them.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 17:16 (Ref:250105)   #36
Pip
Racer

From what I heard on TOCA radio and saw on MST live timings the safety car was not needed to close up the field - they were already close enough!
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:30 (Ref:250277)   #37
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent weekend at post eleven.
You have to feel sorry for poor James Thompson though.He parked up opposite us with a very heavily smoking car,his body language said it all when he got out the car.
Mind you we had a bloody good laugh at the piston and gearbox casing we found on the track though, he must have blown that engine to bits..
So that was his third engine in the feature then,is there no penalty for that then ? Apart from a missed lunch.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:36 (Ref:250285)   #38
Pip
Racer

Got to congratulate his team for getting it fixed in time though and him for passing all them cars in te feature and making it stick!
Old 3 Apr 2002, 12:12 (Ref:250843)   #39
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two superb races. They really were. ROLL ON OULTON!!!
Old 3 Apr 2002, 19:56 (Ref:251182)   #40
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Two superb races. They really were. ROLL ON OULTON!!!
Couldn't have put it better myself!

Well done to Matt Neal for winning in style (.... bad luck for Paul O'Neil). Lets hope you both see more of these winning ways!!!!!!!!!!