snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
snowdog140 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When procrastination occurs...

...street tracks get designed

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4216330

Set in the Italian city of Rimini, runs anti-clockwise for 2.39 miles. Would like comments and criticisms please, would really like to be able to improve my designs
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2811239)   #2
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog140 View Post
...street tracks get designed

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4216330

Set in the Italian city of Rimini, runs anti-clockwise for 2.39 miles. Would like comments and criticisms please, would really like to be able to improve my designs
Oki doki!

Firstly, I like the length. Around 2.5 miles is a good size for a track for any series other than F1 and endurance racing.

I also like the track's shape itself. However, I would get rid of a few corners and smooth it out generally e.g. the bit on Via Monfalcone.

My other two worries are the location of the pit-lane, and the width of the streets. Although it's a beautiful location and would be stunning to race in, it might be too narrow to pass in some places. I can see a few places to put the pit-lane, but it might get a little tight!

Generally when designing street circuits I'm more of a North American guy myself, because of the width and space and general amounts of tarmac available to scrawl all over. The advantage of this place though is in its picturesque setting.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2811264)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the width of the streets several of them are single lane (one car wide) one-way streets. A nice idea but always best to check in both Sat and Map modes when doing these types of design.