Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 10 Jun 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2894945)   #76
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to see that the red flag shown in error had no effect on the results as claimed on the TV coverage last night. The on board shots showed Guy Martin cruising for what seemed a long time and the official result showed him only 13 seconds adrift of McGuiness. Not sure how long Keith Amor was off the throttle for as a result of the same thing. That sort of thing is sufficient to rub anyone up the wrong way.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 08:57 (Ref:2894964)   #77
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson View Post
It's hard to see that the red flag shown in error had no effect on the results as claimed on the TV coverage last night. The on board shots showed Guy Martin cruising for what seemed a long time and the official result showed him only 13 seconds adrift of McGuiness. Not sure how long Keith Amor was off the throttle for as a result of the same thing. That sort of thing is sufficient to rub anyone up the wrong way.
It had an effect on the result although non of the top riders were affected. Quite some riders from the end of the table have been stopped at Ramsey and were awarded with time boni later. At least thats what TT Radio told. Anyway, this particular situation ruined the race for some, I am dead sure.

Has someone looked at the Link to Stephen English's sidecar sites I posted above already?
It contains a 1970s TT sidecar roadbook with photographs and a nice guide to passengering at the TT
Old 10 Jun 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2895076)   #78
Andy77
Veteran

Senior TT delayed to 1530 BST due to heavy rain at Ramsey and hail at Gooseneck. Centenary parade due to get underway from 1400 BST
Old 10 Jun 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2895083)   #79
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
It had an effect on the result although non of the top riders were affected. Quite some riders from the end of the table have been stopped at Ramsey and were awarded with time boni later. At least thats what TT Radio told. Anyway, this particular situation ruined the race for some, I am dead sure.

Has someone looked at the Link to Stephen English's sidecar sites I posted above already?
It contains a 1970s TT sidecar roadbook with photographs and a nice guide to passengering at the TT
I loved the pictures in the guide book, real period stuff.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2895085)   #80
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Great answers as always Andy!
Is this good or bad?
I ask, because it seems to me that my wording is misunderstandable these days
Old 10 Jun 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2895098)   #81
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson View Post
I loved the pictures in the guide book, real period stuff.
Nice to know that someone actually took the time to look
Old 10 Jun 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2895130)   #82
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is this good or bad?
I ask, because it seems to me that my wording is misunderstandable these days
Yes indeed!
Old 10 Jun 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2895131)   #83
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice to know that someone actually took the time to look
Download said it was corrupt, will try again later
Old 10 Jun 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2895143)   #84
Andy77
Veteran

Senior TT further delayed to 1715 BST
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2895293)   #85
Andy77
Veteran

John McGuinness takes the chequered flag to his 17th TT victory. Guy Martin got the gap to second down to 7 secs but supposedly the morecambe Missile backed off a little. In 3rd follows the flyin kiwi Bruce Anstey , 15.7 secs down from the winner. McPint also set a new race record with 131 dot something mph (couldnt hear exact speed as phone rang)

Happy Congrats John McGuinness

For me it has been an eventful TT 2011 even though I only have the timing and radio down here. If there is request I might open a thread for the "Friendly" Southern 100 road races in July again

Thanks to everyone here who kept the race thread going
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2895297)   #86
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers Andy, you;ve kept everyone informed.

pleased for john with his two superbike wins and pleased guy is doing well, hes only been racing at the TT for 7 years so im sure we can expect a win soon enough!
Old 10 Jun 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2895400)   #87
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Echo those thanks to Andy, its been an exciting couple of weeks. JM showed his class, but will he retire now?

And yes the bit in itv4s coverage wetted my appetite for the southern 100.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2895505)   #88
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Echo those thanks to Andy, its been an exciting couple of weeks. JM showed his class, but will he retire now?

And yes the bit in itv4s coverage wetted my appetite for the southern 100.
You can wet your mouth over the weekend as the Post TT races taking place at the Billown circuit today and tomorrow. Manxradio 1368 AM should broadcast , at least they told something in this direction yesterday during the seniors winner ceremony.

I am distracted with the Le Mans 24h now but if you are interested in the Post TT simply go to the Southern 100 club link I posted earlier in this thread. There should be some info as well as timetables

Cheers,
Andy
Old 11 Jun 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2895891)   #89
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol TT and Le Mans, Good Lord thank the maker when this month is over!!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2898248)   #90
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I'm now back from the island and what a fantastic week it was.

It's a different style of racing over there - the riders are completely laid back and let's hope they don't get media training because that would stop quotes like John McGuiness's!!

Unfortunately there was quite a bit of tragedy both on and off the track - but that is just the nature of the event and I don't think anything can really be done to stop it.

Also popped down to the Post-TT races at Billown on Saturday - Michael Dunlop proving he was in a class of his own absolutely dominating the 600 race and setting a lap record in the process. Hopefully now a regular fixture on my calendar.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2898272)   #91
Andy77
Veteran

Hi Asp,
glad you enjoyed your time on the island.
If you want to go back try out the so called Friendly Races at the Billown circuit in July. The Southern 100 is one hell of a great race meeting
Old 15 Jun 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2899686)   #92
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, I was at the Post TT run by the Southern 100 club and it was well run annd definitely friendly...

Don't know if anyone's linked to this yet - but (short of John McGuinness' interview that has been linked to) this had to be my moment of the week:
Murray Walker's Milestones of the Mountain Commentary
Having Murray commentate on the parade was a stroke of genius, and added so much to the event. The passion is so clear, and you know that Murray was introducing all the bikes not from notes but from memory. We often forget that Murray is a bike man first and foremost, with a great TT history on his own - this reminded everyone around the circuit (or listening online) of the case.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2899738)   #93
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
Yeah, I was at the Post TT run by the Southern 100 club and it was well run annd definitely friendly...

Don't know if anyone's linked to this yet - but (short of John McGuinness' interview that has been linked to) this had to be my moment of the week:
Murray Walker's Milestones of the Mountain Commentary
Having Murray commentate on the parade was a stroke of genius, and added so much to the event. The passion is so clear, and you know that Murray was introducing all the bikes not from notes but from memory. We often forget that Murray is a bike man first and foremost, with a great TT history on his own - this reminded everyone around the circuit (or listening online) of the case.
I listened to Murrays Milestone of the Mountain Parade comentary and alone the enthusiasm he put into makes it worth to be listened to
I have taped Murray Walkers TT Memories during practice week which was as great as the parade comentary.
Wish I could have listened just using my world receiver radio though. Too bad that the longest days also mean no medium wave reception from the Isle of Man for me until it is dark.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2899887)   #94
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just listened to Murray. What a man. The best of the best commentator ever on motor racing be it bikes or cars.
Thanks for posting the link.