Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2002, 17:08 (Ref:288208)   #76
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgot to mention that our letter is now on its way to Max, and will be heading for Philip Morris International S.A. this evening.

And now we are up to 22 countries! Any more to be heard from?
Old 16 May 2002, 21:22 (Ref:288378)   #77
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you send it to Autosport yet?
Old 17 May 2002, 02:32 (Ref:288519)   #78
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, sorry I've been trying to find out Max's home address (now that would be a fun visit)

I have found only one Max Mosley in London, but am unsure if you want to risk sending the letter to this person, after all it might not be the Max we want, and I'm not sure that he does actually live in London, just assuming

PM me if you want the details.

Sorry for being cynical, but I'd expect anything going to the FIA will be vetted before it reaches his desk, so probably a secretary will read it and deem it not worthy of his attention, but you must be commended for trying.

Add my name to the list.

I Smythe
London
ITV

Unfortunately there are no public records accessable that relate to one Bernard Ecclestone.

If someone could give me date of births this would perhaps help, what better way to grab someones attention, send it to their home, now that shows you are seriously ****ed off at them

Last edited by Ian-S; 17 May 2002 at 02:40.
Old 17 May 2002, 07:50 (Ref:288638)   #79
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well didn't Bernie by a huge house next to Kensington palace or something?
Old 17 May 2002, 10:47 (Ref:288756)   #80
philmann
Rookie

philmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found on Grandprix.com:

Name: Bernie Ecclestone
Nationality: Great Britain
Date of birth: Oct 28, 1930

Hope this helps Ian-S
Old 17 May 2002, 11:20 (Ref:288780)   #81
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I have the company address if that's any help.

I'm pretty sure I can get the private address if i need to - but I would have though the company address was more appropriate. We don't want him thinking he's being stalked!

FORMULA ONE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
6 PRINCES GATE
LONDON
SW7 1QJ
UK
Old 17 May 2002, 16:08 (Ref:289010)   #82
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that's the one I need, EP! My friend at Lotus said it was at Princes Gate. I sent one to the Paris address but will send one to that one too.

Yes, it has gone to Autosport.

So Bernie is the same age as my Mom. What do you suppose he was doing during the War?
Old 17 May 2002, 17:41 (Ref:289059)   #83
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
just got the reply from Shell, that you other guys have got! whilst it doesn't prove that any of our complaints are being read by shell, at least it proves that they know how disgusted people are by actually typing out a (standard) reply!
Old 17 May 2002, 18:46 (Ref:289087)   #84
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
just got the reply from Shell, that you other guys have got!
Ditto, and they took the trouble to address me by name.
Old 17 May 2002, 19:02 (Ref:289093)   #85
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxmil

Ditto, and they took the trouble to address me by name.
does this mean that someones actually looking at the mails to send out the "standard" reply with our names on?..........doubt it!
Old 17 May 2002, 19:04 (Ref:289095)   #86
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can someone take Dr Austins name off the petition?

He didn't want to be part of it!
Old 17 May 2002, 20:33 (Ref:289132)   #87
Liz
Veteran

He's not on our letter, believe me. He may be on the petition thread which is quite different and I have nothing to do with that, so you might check with whoever's running that one.
Old 17 May 2002, 21:05 (Ref:289149)   #88
Startline1
Rookie

Startline1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Bernie`s address try looking for his wife`s name as he handed over the company(SLEC) to her some time ago or try the gov. dept. that now covers trade for a list of company principals.
Old 18 May 2002, 14:11 (Ref:289475)   #89
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

does this mean that someones actually looking at the mails to send out the "standard" reply with our names on?..........doubt it!
No, that means they paid someone to work on a lil program that takes your name, and pastes it on the automatic response letter.
Old 18 May 2002, 14:42 (Ref:289486)   #90
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its called Mail Merge, its in Tools on MS Word
Old 20 May 2002, 11:18 (Ref:290151)   #91
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Startline1
For Bernie`s address try looking for his wife`s name as he handed over the company(SLEC) to her some time ago or try the gov. dept. that now covers trade for a list of company principals.
Already did, Startline - problem is that the companies office only gives out details of disqualified directors. It's possible to get a director list for any company but it's a chargable service and I'm not really prepared to upgrade the service I use to get the info when I don't really need it.

They started making it chargeable (and thereby tracable) a few years back when things like the Huntingdon Life Sciences issue started to arise and company directors started finding car bombs in their drive in the morning.

Obviously it doesn't stop you finding the info - just means that you're slightly easier to trace (assuming you use legal means to get the info...!)
Old 20 May 2002, 11:20 (Ref:290152)   #92
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

So Bernie is the same age as my Mom. What do you suppose he was doing during the War?
Probably the same things as my Mum Liz - carrying around a gasmask in a box and being evacuated. He would only have been 9 when it started and 15 when it finished!