Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Apr 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2868382)   #1
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
TT3D - Closer To The Edge

http://youtu.be/Vn1YB7fk8eg

Only heard about this, this morning. Just been to see it and WOW.

I don't think i have seen anything that quite captures the essence of why we all love motorsport so much. I am not a big bike man, but i can recommend this film to anyone who has a 10/10ths account.

Superb.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2870364)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peat,

I saw this thread on Sunday at 21:45 and by 22:05 I was in the Cinema.

Thanks for the heads up on this, and it was bloomin' excellent.

I've met Guy a few times and he is quite a character.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2871059)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any ideas where you can see this in or around Hertfordshire?
Old 28 Apr 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2871075)   #4
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Any ideas where you can see this in or around Hertfordshire?
If you go to the TT3D website they have the UK venue listings. www.tt3dmovie.com

That said does anyone know if its coming down under ? Checked on the web and can't find anything. Just got to see it all the TT guys are legends
Old 28 Apr 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2871232)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is this the same fella who does the strange but brilliant british manufacturing show involving a narrow boat? he's an absolute legend!
Old 28 Apr 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2871343)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guy Martin, yes, he is a nice guy, but perhaps les of the image and more of the winning

Still yet to win a TT sadly!
Old 28 Apr 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2871407)   #7
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guy Martin was the mech of Martin Finnegan before he went on to battle the Flying Finn as far as I remember
Wish I can watch it down here once
Old 28 Apr 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2871467)   #8
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw this last Wednesday on preview night at Bluewater, stunning film, really really enjoyed it!!

iSuberbiker was great too a couple of weeks before, anyone catch that??
Old 3 May 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2873660)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I saw it last night. It's brilliant. If you want you can see it simply as a film about biking in the Isle of Man, but there's far more to it than that if you choose to look. This review explains what I'm getting at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEUKFoBt4Cw&sns=fb
Old 3 May 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2873736)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
saw it last SUnday, it's of the highest quality of film-making and has many facets depending on your standpoint. As a racer it gave me a bit more insight into *why* I race, and I believe might help me to go a little faster in future....
Old 4 May 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2874124)   #11
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
@Robin - Glad to be of service!

Glad everyone else enjoyed this as much as me. The only question is, do i go and see it again or wait for the DVD??
Old 4 May 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2874243)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think it'll be in the cinemas for long, so I'd see it again now. Check this link: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...ts.asp&h=aeb2d
Old 7 Apr 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3055041)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great documentary although it would be nice if they had subtitled Guy Martin.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3055085)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic documentary.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3055087)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Great documentary although it would be nice if they had subtitled Guy Martin.
I never understand what he's talkin' about. Seems like an interesting person though regardless.